What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This picture makes me happy, lol.

lbGX7qn.jpg

thelonegamer said:
Same old loneliness. Doesn't seem to have an end... :\

It will end.

Remember, you had a plan?! You were going to do something in January! Stick to your plan, don't drop it half way, don't let anybody discourage you!

Rosebolt said:
I'm very nervous. Today will be the first time i ever meet someone i met online in real life. But on the bright side, i'm going to meet two amazing people from this forum! :D

It is nervous racking for me to meet someone in reality from online world (dating sites or whatever). I've done it a few times and still every time I am nervous. So I completely understand you!

How did it go?!

I wanna meet some of you guys too....though may be it's not the best idea, but could be interesting.

13 years ago, a horrible act of terrorism killed thousands of people. My brother in law was one of those that was called to one of the sites. Him and every one of those that stepped up to help are the some of the truest heroes of this world, IMO.

I will never forget what he told me about that day and I will never forget the shock and disbelief I felt while watching it unfold on TV.

Thank you to those that serve, whether in the armed forces or as an emergency responder and RIP to those that died that horrible day.

I'm feeling exhausted. I've been babysitting a two year old that doesn't know how to stay still for even two seconds. Every one of my ornaments has been rearranged. My fridge magnets suffered a similar fate. My bed was bounced on. My mineral collection was handled. My clean sheets and pillows were thrown around. I'll make it sound awful, but the truth is that I find looking after a 2 year old to be incredibly therapeutic... and I was told "I love your funny hair, Uncle Gary" :)

user 130057 said:
I'm feeling exhausted. I've been babysitting a two year old that doesn't know how to stay still for even two seconds. Every one of my ornaments has been rearranged. My fridge magnets suffered a similar fate. My bed was bounced on. My mineral collection was handled. My clean sheets and pillows were thrown around. I'll make it sound awful, but the truth is that I find looking after a 2 year old to be incredibly therapeutic... and I was told "I love your funny hair, Uncle Gary" :)

Awwwwww this is so heartwarming to read!

I used to get a ton of PMs asking if my username came from the norse mythology. Now that I got that cleared up on my custom title, I don't get any, hahaha.

If I were normal, the few people who don't want to use me wouldn't leave me. Whatever. I still have my ambition and my accomplishments.

Sitting here in a stupor, wishing she'd come back again. I would forgive her if she just ditched the scumbag, and we could just agree to never speak of it again, brush it off like a bad dream. I looked at some things we said exactly a year ago today. She used to want to talk to me all the time, used to beg me to stay awake with her when I had to go to sleep. She even used to want to know the most mundane things about my life. I moved too **** slowly. I'd already been studying attraction for a year before this, I should have known better. I'm such an idiot. My biggest realization is that I did this to myself by being too nice and polite, not covering the basics, not having enough going on in my life and not having enough interesting things to talk about.

I just really feel like I won't meet anyone like the ones I met on that site ever again, people that have the looks and the intelligence and the passionate, playful personality and were actually interested in things that I wanted to talk about. The girls around here don't even compare. They're just ordinary people. There's just no appeal with them. I don't want to be single forever but there's really no good options left. My friends don't know anyone I'd even come close to being happy about, and it's just that rare of a combination that I'm just not going to meet them on my own. That website was my last chance to meet someone I'd actually want. I just feel like it's over.

I also wish I didn't have to apply for jobs and wasn't dealing with that pressure as well. I just wish I could sit here at home and go for my walks every day until I figure my life out so this doesn't happen again. Or just sit here at home until I feel better again. I think when I take time to do nothing and focus, my thought process on this gets a little clearer.

Solivagant said:
What was the website, and why can't you keep going there?

It was called High Existence. It's actually not a dating site. It's more about philosophy, self-improvement, creative things like art and music and things like that. I can keep going there, but it doesn't matter. There are other girls on the site but they're just not the same.

Feeling a lot calmer tonight than I've been these past few days. I'm thinking about a PM I received on here. On the one hand, I wouldn't say I'm happy with how things are going in my life right now, especially in certain areas. But on the other hand, I've already spent so much time being sad or angry or upset about this and that and I'm just so tired of feeling that way. They told me to not waste another moment and to try to say or do at least one small positive thing every day. And I keep thinking that I don't want for certain people in my life to have only seen and known me as being down in the dumps, and never seeing my best.

I'm in a kind of no man's land. Not happy with the way things have gone, but burnt out on feeling down and out. I want to feel better not because things really are better yet, but just cause I'm tired of feeling sad. And I don't know yet that some things won't find a way of working out on their own. I'm trying to take my mind off what bothers me and I guess I just want to be happy while I can. So I guess I'm calm, for the first time in a while.

I actually find the yearly 9/11 tributes to be distasteful when they're not coming from someone who personally lost family and friends in the incident. Every year there's tragedies, torture, cruelty, starvation, and sickness in addition to good political and social causes which are largely ignored. No threads and blog posts adertising them and calling for everyone to take a moment, let alone a dozen or more on a single forum or website.

And yet, every year masses of people, espeially online, take a moment to be upset about something that happened 10 years ago simply because of its historical impact. Like the whole incident is just their tool for displaying how patriotic and empathetic to tragedy and injustice they are one day of the year.

Having chosen something the masses can do nothing about amidst thousands of things they could do something about. Things which are not as hyped or as glorified in tragedy. Everyone feels like a miniature hero when they take 5 seconds to honor 9/11, but people just feel gross or sad when they're trying to be heroes to the homeless, child sex slaves, abused elders in homes, abused patients in hospitals, abused children who are afraid to speak, and all kinds of other tragedies.

Maybe people will come together to collectively moan about the tragedy that is their lives when they're dead.

Yesterday my aunt and uncle came over for dinner. At the table everyone was talking about all the divorces happening amongst family and friends, and my aunt looked at my uncle, nudged him with her elbow and said teasingly, "When are we going to get divorced?"

Something about it made me smile inside. They met in junior high, dated through high school, and are now in their early 60's, retired, and happily married for nigh on 40 years.

I wish I wasn't so insecure. It makes me feel bad about a lot of things. Why can't I just accept and love myself the way I am? :(

I'm quite happy that I'm eating well and being productive every day despite feeling tired. Today I did chores, studied three subjects and wrote 2,800 words and a short synopsis for my novel, even though I felt like honeysuckle for the most part of the day since this week was particularly draining with all the assignments and projects to finish.

I'm still losing weight, though. Can't have it all.

Latest posts

Back