What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solivagant said:
Triple Bogey said:
it's almost a year since I met somebody from here. (She doesn't post anymore)
The day was nice, for 6 whole hours I actually thought somebody liked me. It was a great feeling.
Of course it didn't last and she found somebody else within a week. (From here as well)
It did hurt when I read all the crap between them, all posted in the open on threads not private messages.
I was forgotten about after a 10 line email. That is all I was worth.
I shouldn't have believed all the crap she told me. All lies. She was writing the same honeysuckle to other men, that is certain.
It was just a perverted game to her. I think she was a tart. Glad nothing happened.
Glad I don't hear from her anymore.
Another pile of shite story to add to the list.

I understand how you feel TB. I met a guy online I connected with. We talked for hours every day, for about two months, and became close very quickly. This was the last message I received from him:

"What I can promise you is that despite how bad things get and how hard you get knocked down, I care for you deeply and I'm going to continue to be here for you. You mean a lot more to me than I think you might realize, so much more than I think I'd be able to express through words alone. Whatever happens to you Dearest, I am here for you. Here WITH you. You only have to reach out, and my hand is there. You only have to lean, and you'll find my shoulder there to support you. I promise you, right here and now, that you have me. I'm here. A pillar, a friend. Any time you ever need to talk about something, I will be right here waiting. Never hesitate to use me, and never be sorry when you do. I know the world is harsh and I know that people have hurt you, but I swear to you that you CAN count on me. I'm not going to betray you, and I'm not going to disappear. You don't have to suffer this by yourself. You do not have to be alone. Not in this, not in anything. I'm here for you, do not forget that. I don't care if the world and its people are cold, I'm not the world. I don't care how everyone else has reacted, and what has happened in the past. I'm not everyone else. I am not them. I am simply me, and if you should want me I am yours."

Literally the next day, he vanished on me. Completely ignored me. I continued to send him emails for about a week after that, hoping he was just having an "off" time and nothing was really wrong. Then I caught him on Facebook chat, asked him where he'd been and tried to make a little light conversation. All he said was,

"-deleted."

He deleted me from Facebook and blocked me. That was it. No explanation, nothing.

A couple months later, I sent him an email telling him how I'd cared about him and how what he did made me feel. This was his response:

"After the day that I've had today, I certainly needed a laugh. So I thank you for the comic relief. I'd point out all the things that are absolutely foolish about you but I can't really be bothered. Plans tonight and the like. I will just say though, **** you don't let stuff go. This was HOW many months ago? -laughs- I'd say that it's time to move on. Seriously.

Speaking of which, I'm done now. Ta."

There was another guy who led me on for over a year before I found out he was playing me (and a number of other women he had lined up behind my back).

I hurts to be lied to like that. :( I'm sorry you are stuck with the bad memories.

TheSkaFish said:

Thank you, Ska.

Hi Solivagant

I am so sorry you went thru that experience. What a ******* he turned out to be ! I hope you gave him some abuse back, he certainly deserved it !

That is a great example why online can be so horrible. Words are easy to type. I think people like us should avoid online dating, we get played and messed about. by some truly disgusting people. I hope he rots in hell for that !

When a friend asked me today how I'm doing, I decided to be honest and mentioned that I'm feeling alone. If I mentioned that I'm about to kill myself, the effect would probably have been the same. Nothing.

Thanks for nothing.

There are some people in my life who doesn't deserve a front seat anymore. I'm moving them to the balcony. Feel free to exit at any time.

Solivagant said:
I understand how you feel TB. I met a guy online I connected with. We talked for hours every day, for about two months, and became close very quickly...

...It hurts to be lied to like that. :( I'm sorry you are stuck with the bad memories.

That's just terrible. I can't believe someone would go to that length to type all that out, and not mean it. I mean, why bother putting that much effort into something, acting like they care just to say it doesn't count?

That guy can go to hell.

Sorry that happened to you, Solivagant. It kinda makes me question any sweet things people have said to me online. Just how much is any of it worth to them, idk. I've gotten a lot of nice things too and I believed every single one. I just don't know if any of it's true. I'm reminded of my own situation. A couple times, I called her out on it and asked her if she wasn't just lying to me, only being sweet to me because she was bored and alone. She seemed very offended when i said that, and that she cared and that I mattered to her and all. But again, that guy said a lot of sweet things to you as well. Only to go back on all of it. I'd much rather have someone say mean things to me, than to act sweet and nice only for all of it to be a lie. That's a special kind of hurt.

Solivagant said:
Triple Bogey said:
it's almost a year since I met somebody from here. (She doesn't post anymore)
The day was nice, for 6 whole hours I actually thought somebody liked me. It was a great feeling.
Of course it didn't last and she found somebody else within a week. (From here as well)
It did hurt when I read all the crap between them, all posted in the open on threads not private messages.
I was forgotten about after a 10 line email. That is all I was worth.
I shouldn't have believed all the crap she told me. All lies. She was writing the same honeysuckle to other men, that is certain.
It was just a perverted game to her. I think she was a tart. Glad nothing happened.
Glad I don't hear from her anymore.
Another pile of shite story to add to the list.

I understand how you feel TB. I met a guy online I connected with. We talked for hours every day, for about two months, and became close very quickly. This was the last message I received from him:

"What I can promise you is that despite how bad things get and how hard you get knocked down, I care for you deeply and I'm going to continue to be here for you. You mean a lot more to me than I think you might realize, so much more than I think I'd be able to express through words alone. Whatever happens to you Dearest, I am here for you. Here WITH you. You only have to reach out, and my hand is there. You only have to lean, and you'll find my shoulder there to support you. I promise you, right here and now, that you have me. I'm here. A pillar, a friend. Any time you ever need to talk about something, I will be right here waiting. Never hesitate to use me, and never be sorry when you do. I know the world is harsh and I know that people have hurt you, but I swear to you that you CAN count on me. I'm not going to betray you, and I'm not going to disappear. You don't have to suffer this by yourself. You do not have to be alone. Not in this, not in anything. I'm here for you, do not forget that. I don't care if the world and its people are cold, I'm not the world. I don't care how everyone else has reacted, and what has happened in the past. I'm not everyone else. I am not them. I am simply me, and if you should want me I am yours."

Literally the next day, he vanished on me. Completely ignored me. I continued to send him emails for about a week after that, hoping he was just having an "off" time and nothing was really wrong. Then I caught him on Facebook chat, asked him where he'd been and tried to make a little light conversation. All he said was,

"-deleted."

He deleted me from Facebook and blocked me. That was it. No explanation, nothing.

A couple months later, I sent him an email telling him how I'd cared about him and how what he did made me feel. This was his response:

"After the day that I've had today, I certainly needed a laugh. So I thank you for the comic relief. I'd point out all the things that are absolutely foolish about you but I can't really be bothered. Plans tonight and the like. I will just say though, **** you don't let stuff go. This was HOW many months ago? -laughs- I'd say that it's time to move on. Seriously.

Speaking of which, I'm done now. Ta."

There was another guy who led me on for over a year before I found out he was playing me (and a number of other women he had lined up behind my back).

I hurts to be lied to like that. :( I'm sorry you are stuck with the bad memories.

TheSkaFish said:

Thank you, Ska.

Those instances are mirror images of similar themed messages that I received. Always uplifting, full of hope, etc. for her and I. What transpired was two long years of manipulating my feelings to her own content, as I later found out.
A classic example of either a narcissist or a bipolar individual. In my instance I would find her to be a narcissist. If I bothered to contact her again (I will not, lest I see her and try not to punch her in the face) I would bet that she'd reply with a callous and vapid response like you received, solivagant.

At a point where every look in my direction and anything said is an attack on my character.

Paranoia is no fun at all..

I'm so stuck and feel so lonelyeven when people would say i'm doing things and talking to people.

When I try, I fail. I get down on myself for failing because my beliefs are proven true, I see no way out and everyone lines up to kick me and cheers for the preservation of the social pecking order. How dare I try to compete with the cool guys! That'll show you!

So self-pity is not the answer. And yet I feel that even if I had a good attitude, I'd still fail. I have no proof that things would turn out any differently, so I don't have a good attitude.

I know what kind of jobs I should be looking at. I know what kind of girls I should be looking at. I know what kind of life I should expect, as befits someone of my social station. I hate it all, and even if I didn't I'd still have no interest in it but I've always known I have no business trying for what I've tried for. Which brings me back to pity and the cycle continues. How can a person get off this hell ride? I've tried self-help. I've tried to read positive thinking crap for days. I've tried to change my beliefs, the way I look at the world and myself. Guess what? Everything's still the same. So where is the good attitude supposed to come from? Why should I believe anything will make a difference? Just make myself good enough, they say. Tried it. I'm just fundamentally missing whatever it is. If this attitude is my problem yet nothing is changing then how can I even change it? It's like converting to a religion that sounds absolutely stupid.

I just feel I was born to only experience rejection. At least until I "know my role" and go where I belong.

Its always the little things for me that tip the scale.
I was thinking about something for a while, but couldnt get myself to finally do it. But now, it was just a small accident, where what I have been working on was erased (and here I was thinking how responsible it is to preview posts). Was supposed to be my longest post:D
And here I´m like "fresia it".

Mr.YellowCat said:
Its always the little things for me that tip the scale.
I was thinking about something for a while, but couldnt get myself to finally do it. But now, it was just a small accident, where what I have been working on was erased (and here I was thinking how responsible it is to preview posts). Was supposed to be my longest post:D
And here I´m like "fresia it".

OMG I hate it when that happens. And "fresia it" is always what I say as well. :p

“Never judge someone
By the way he looks
Or a book by the way it's covered;
For inside those tattered pages,
There's a lot to be discovered”
― Stephen Cosgrove

Intolerance I felt it's sting today,and it's one of the things I find highly distasteful. I am glad I am not that individual..Still I wish them no ill will.. Blessed be ^.^

I am thinking,"Wow, I am VERY disappointed in you, *******. It might be the junk food messing with my system, but you are stupid and pathetic for causing me to feel this way. How the eff could you ever let this happen?!"

Feeling: Kinda in a bad mood right now but I have been feeling great these last few weeks so a bad day or two seems fair.
Hoping: I am hoping I can actually have compassion for others the way I hope to. My own emotions seem to be getting in the way of properly expressing compassion.
Thinking: I am thinking about my life failures and how I can recover from them. Failure in regards to love, career, social interactions, etc. hurt - especially failures in love. Nothing I can't correct, or at least attempt to, though.
Remembering: How happy I was with my ex. How I felt like I could do anything. How I feel like I would do anything. Sucks to put all that emotion and effort into someone who doesn't feel the same. *shrug*

Latest posts

Back