What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can never seem to do the right thing. I'm tired, really tired and no matter how hard I try, I give it my all, it never gets easier and somehow I always end up feeling shat on. I don't want thanks just to feel respected.

She-ra said:
I can never seem to do the right thing. I'm tired, really tired and no matter how hard I try, I give it my all, it never gets easier and somehow I always end up feeling shat on. I don't want thanks just to feel respected.

You have respect here dear, and definitely from me. :)

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
She-ra said:

You have respect here dear, and definitely from me. :)

Thank you, you are so kind :).

Seeker_2.0 said:
InSearchOfPeople said:
I can't even get a sympathetic response here...:(((

Hey, you just need to give us time, there are people from all over the world here, with different time zones, works, hobbies, etc. Eventually someone sees the post (people who know me here can attest that I try to answer as many posts as I can).

As for your problem, I'm really sorry you feel that way. Many times, we seek gratification in material possessions, but all the distractions in the world can't hide the problem forever. I would need more details for your circumstances to help you (you can always PM me for that), but I do have 3 suggestions for you:

1. Stop the cutting, it never helped anyone, if you need to express your pain you can do it through talking things out with someone (from here, for example).

2. Whatever mood you are in, just remember that feelings change all the time, as a good friend says: "This too shall pass."

3. If you really feel the need to exchange gifts with someone, you can always participate in the Christmas Card Exchange the forum hosts every year. I participated last year and it was really fun, i'm a little late this year though..

Thank you...I don't cut myself anymore, I've done it when I was a teenager, but it keeps coming back in my mind at times like this.

This vicious circle has been going for me for about 2 years now! When is this going to pass?! I am so afraid of doing something stupid out of desperation to make a change. I am thinking to quit my job or move to a different city or I don't know....thinking straight, I know that any of this I should do only when I am prepared, when I have the feeling that I am ready. But being in constant depression, sadness, desperation I can't even feel anything anymore, I don't feel what is right to do and when... I keep making stupid mistakes, like getting a roommate, who is only taking advantage of me openly is my latest one. Or going on vacation that I didn't really enjoy but blew away tons of money....

I am so confused.

Feeling like I had a nice day with Boomer. We went for a walk together, then everyone else went out and it was just us at home. He laid down right next to me as I ate, then I gave him a biscuit for being so nice as he always is with me. He's only acted up under my watch once, and that was when there was a thunderstorm which he doesn't like. Then after dinner, he stayed right next to me on the floor and we just snuggled until everyone else came home.

It was nice but it gave me mixed feelings. I love him and I am very glad he still acts young, but I wish he wasn't already 11 and turning 12 next year. I really wish he could get better. It only reminds me of how I wish he'd always be here and how much I don't want to say goodbye.

I feel sad rejected and abandoned. Why does me being illegitimate prevent my feelings and needs from being important?

InSearchOfPeople said:
I can't even get a sympathetic response here...:(((
ladyforsaken said:
^ :( *hugs* InSearchOfPeople. I hope you'll feel better soon.

That was one response... I didn't have the emotional energy to respond any more than that but I try to give support even as little as it may be. I hope it can help some. :\

InSearchOfPeople said:
I don't cut myself anymore, I've done it when I was a teenager, but it keeps coming back in my mind at times like this.

This vicious circle has been going for me for about 2 years now! When is this going to pass?! I am so afraid of doing something stupid out of desperation to make a change. I am thinking to quit my job or move to a different city or I don't know....thinking straight, I know that any of this I should do only when I am prepared, when I have the feeling that I am ready. But being in constant depression, sadness, desperation I can't even feel anything anymore, I don't feel what is right to do and when... I keep making stupid mistakes, like getting a roommate, who is only taking advantage of me openly is my latest one. Or going on vacation that I didn't really enjoy but blew away tons of money....

I am so confused.

I'm glad you don't cut anymore. Try to keep it that way okay?

And I wonder, what can you do to improve your situation? Just one thing at a time. If moving could be a possibility in making things better, perhaps you could work towards that?

badhairday said:
I feel sad rejected and abandoned. Why does me being illegitimate prevent my feelings and needs from being important?

*hugs* :(
What do you mean by you being illegitimate?

Overwhelmed, hopeless, secondhand, lonely.
Thinking of leaving ALL too. Will check up on and answer PMs and some people, but might stop posting. :(

Thinking of leaving ALL too. Will check up on and answer PMs and some people, but might stop posting. :(

I've occasionally thought of closing my account too, but there is really no need for it. This place is not that big of a deal. If things aren't going the way you like here, it's better to just have a few weeks/months off and come back when you need it again. The majority of people who close their accounts seem to reappear at a later date anyway.

If you do choose to leave, then that's a shame, because you seem like a friendly fellow and the forum needs people like that.

Don't leave completely. Do what YOU need to do. For what its worth I like your posts and seem kind, a nice person to have around.

Cavey said:

I've occasionally thought of closing my account too, but there is really no need for it. This place is not that big of a deal. If things aren't going the way you like here, it's better to just have a few weeks/months off and come back when you need it again. The majority of people who close their accounts seem to reappear at a later date anyway.

If you do choose to leave, then that's a shame, because you seem like a friendly fellow and the forum needs people like that.

Having left and returned myself, i second Cavey's suggestion, just take some time off and see how it goes. Then you can decide what to do with your account.

I feel so lonely sometimes even when I'm surrounded by my family or friends. Then again I like to be alone and spend my time in writing something thoughtful. The real challenge for me is not the loneliness but to do something productive when I feel lonely, which is quite difficult.

Time. Such a precious commodity. Often, the most meaningful gift we can give. Time. Not material possessions. Just time and attention. The world conspires to monopolize our time, true evil. Wither away in pursuit of "stuff." Useless stuff. Work to pay, pay to work. Love gets neglected. The American Way...

Seeker_2.0 said:
Cavey said:

Having left and returned myself, i second Cavey's suggestion, just take some time off and see how it goes. Then you can decide what to do with your account.

Oh! I wasn't going to close it! I mean as in stop posting for a bit. There's someone I talk to here through PMs, so I'll keep that up. But yeah, I'll give the time off a shot. Thanks guys. :)

sanguineRose said:
I feel so lonely sometimes even when I'm surrounded by my family or friends. Then again I like to be alone and spend my time in writing something thoughtful. The real challenge for me is not the loneliness but to do something productive when I feel lonely, which is quite difficult.

I know how you feel dear. *hugs*

Cavey said:

I totally agree with Cavey here.

Hope you feel better, Seal. Time off might help, it did for me.

Latest posts

Back