What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
user 130057 said:
EveWasFramed said:
Get some pepper spray, She-Ra.

Although this may be good advice in general, in the UK it's illegal, so She-ra would be liable for prosecution and possible incarceration.

We do have alternatives, but they're about as effective as tickling him with a feather...

I'm kinda floored by how people from the UK aren't legally able to protect themselves like American citizens are able to do. We're allowed to shoot burglars to death out of self-defense if they enter our homes.

Meanwhile in the uk you're just supposed to let people rob you blind no matter how violated and scared for your life you may be. o_O

Makes no sense to me.

It depends on how you look at it. I used to know a lot of violent criminals, but they rarely resorted to violence because it wasn't necessary - anyone they rob is unlikely to be armed.

Take those same people to the US and they'd have happily just shot you in the face and taken what they wanted off your corpse, because there's some chance you might pose a threat to their life.

You are entitled to defend yourself in the UK. If I kill someone who enters my home and I am scared for my life, then there's very little chance that I will be charged with anything. I just can't potter around the streets armed - which in my opinion leads to far more fatalities (both intended and accidental).

I'm listening to gangsta rap, so naturally I am remembering the time the unfortunate SOB pulled a gun on us and got it taken away after a long car chase that culminated in him being blocked in by three cars in the middle of a 4-way stop intersection... :D

The best part was my brother hanging off the back of the guy's truck, then climbing up through the back window...at 55mph...

Then, me and my brother fighting over who got to kick his ass.

Haha, wtf...

user 130057 said:
SophiaGrace said:
user 130057 said:
EveWasFramed said:
Get some pepper spray, She-Ra.

Although this may be good advice in general, in the UK it's illegal, so She-ra would be liable for prosecution and possible incarceration.

We do have alternatives, but they're about as effective as tickling him with a feather...

I'm kinda floored by how people from the UK aren't legally able to protect themselves like American citizens are able to do. We're allowed to shoot burglars to death out of self-defense if they enter our homes.

Meanwhile in the uk you're just supposed to let people rob you blind no matter how violated and scared for your life you may be. o_O

Makes no sense to me.

It depends on how you look at it. I used to know a lot of violent criminals, but they rarely resorted to violence because it wasn't necessary - anyone they rob is unlikely to be armed.

Take those same people to the US and they'd have happily just shot you in the face and taken what they wanted off your corpse, because there's some chance you might pose a threat to their life.

You are entitled to defend yourself in the UK. If I kill someone who enters my home and I am scared for my life, then there's very little chance that I will be charged with anything. I just can't potter around the streets armed - which in my opinion leads to far more fatalities (both intended and accidental).

also in other EU countries, robbers mostly just rob, and do that when people are away, also because THEY have more difficulties in accessing guns, unless they are part of organized crime. So the amount of violent crimes + violent defense (which is still violence) is much less, and no one gets shot by mistake because is black and walks in a white neighborhood, or vice versa.

Except for police threatening peaceful manifestations, I have never seen a gun in my life, and I lived in bad neighborhoods (one knife, once).

thinking: this flu completely messed up my sleeping patterns
feeling: way too perky for 5.30 am

praying I will start sleeping again half-normally…

I have got betrayed by my friends, not just once but a lots of time. Still I don't hesitate to get to know new people and make friends. I wish I could say that it did not leave me with some negative effects so some part me always acts defensive when it comes to opening up myself before others.

In my house...come on up...you might get the Glock 32 or the Smith & Wesson 38+P or the Remington 1187 Premier...just depends on my mood, I suppose...

I'm feeling frozen, pale and bloodless.

Everyone at work was asking me if I was sick/not feeling well/what's wrong etc "You're so pale!" "Want me to get your blood pressure?" "Hang on, lemme get your temp!"

No. What ails me isn't going to be cured by an Ibuprofen or a Z-pack.

The doc I worked with actually said "Maybe you need a vacation, mountainvista."

I laughed, I did. I need a vacation all right... a vacation from my LIFE.

I was so lonely and desperate living alone for over a year, waking up with depression and suicidal thoughts, binging on food and getting drunk at night.

I decided Id get a roommate or move in with somebody. I was carefully looking at different options and then someone, who I thought was my friend, decided to move back in town and she offered to move in together.

I was excited so much, that even offered to pay a bigger portion of rent for an apartment, because she didn't want to pay over a certain amount.

I moved, set everything up, so when she came everything was ready.

Turned out, she just needed the lease for some legal matters, and she doesn't really like me. Now as she has her other friends here, she excludes me from everything, she doesn't invite me anywhere, she doesn't talk to me much, she doesn't even walk out her room to say hello, when I come home.

I've been trying to reach out, I was trying to initiate some activities together, she always turned me down, sometimes in the last minute.

She hides information from me, like when she meets with people that I know too.

I was so frustrated, miserable dealing with all the negative feelings for 3 months now.
Today it sort of spilled out.

We had a conversation, I questioned the whole reason why did we move in together.
She gave me loads of BS about her being that type of person and that's how she treats her friends. Which I know is not true, it is just not convenient for her to move out now of if I move out.

My ex (my best friend) suggests I move out no matter what, because life is too short to tolerate anything that makes me unhappy.

But then I'll be totally alone again and I will have to make a new lease
WHAT TO DO???

EveWasFramed said:
errr...if she's just a roommate, she might feel like you're hovering too closely?

We were friends. That's what I thought. Now I feeling was just being used for whatever reasons she needed me at that time.

Feeling pretty guilty = I'm pretty sure my mom's dog nipped at this kid that was here today because I'm not as comfortable around males as I should be. :\

Exausted.....have pain in my back between the shoulders. It gets so intense, that my fingers become num. I am sure it is from stress, depression and all the unhappiness.

I broke my diet today. Feel discouraged and now even more depressed, I was called in to work double shift and I earned 10$ in the first 4 hrs. I couldn't say no to my boss, the consequences would be sad if I did.

I thought about my cousin who was robbed and killed a year ago. I thought if I was killed today, I probably wouldn't feel regrets right before, I would feel relieve. What a wicked thought. I know it's a sin to wish for death. God gave me life so I can enjoy it, but on the days like this I just don't know how it is possible. Nothing gives me satisfaction, there is no peace in my heart, I feel imprisoned in my own body. And there is really not much I can complain about. It is just one thing that is killing me slowly.....my freakin LONELINESS.

Again feeling little anxious and intrigued. I'm hoping it will go down a little with day progress. And once I'm remembering the childhood memories, kinda nostalgic to remember those.

Im really feeling beat down and tired lately, i cant get my sleep straight, i desperately want to talk to somebody but at the same time people seem to make me feel worse due to my anxiety. people can be the nicest folks in the world and these thoughts will find some way to murder that and turn it into a bad thing.

I'm trying to feel hopeful and positive but it's really hard and all I want to do is cry.

Remembering all the silly little honeysuckle that she told me, and how much of a bullshit lie it was. When you drag someone through the mud simply because you want to keep someone else on your good side, there's not a question in my mind why she doesn't want to deal with you anymore. It's sad, too, because they would have had your back regardless.

Latest posts

Back