What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodent said:
I don't know why today of all days I had remember how utterly devoid of any dreams and ambitions I've always been...even when I was a child.

Marry someone? - Nah.
Raise a family? - Nope, never crossed my mind.
Pursue my dream job? - Dropped the idea when I was barely 17.
Have my own house? - You gotta be kidding...

I am doing something now, but that never was part of any plan. When this is over, I'm just looking for the next spot my feet will take me to. I suppose that's just how it goes.

You should own your own house. It'd make one less bill to pay (mortgage/rent), plus you'd have an asset.

HoodedMonk said:
Rodent said:
I don't know why today of all days I had remember how utterly devoid of any dreams and ambitions I've always been...even when I was a child.

Marry someone? - Nah.

I am doing something now, but that never was part of any plan. When this is over, I'm just looking for the next spot my feet will take me to. I suppose that's just how it goes.

You should own your own house. It'd make one less bill to pay (mortgage/rent), plus you'd have an asset.

Actually, it wouldn't. It would give you more to pay, as you'd be in charge of paying for your own upkeep of the place, instead of having the manager provide you with new items when something, such as a heating problem or whatever arises.
It is nice having your own place, considering you are paying toward your own house, instead of the renter/manager, but there are so many more things to pay when you own. This is especially true if your utilities are included in your rent.

TheRealCallie said:
It is nice having your own place, considering you are paying toward your own house, instead of the renter/manager, but there are so many more things to pay when you own. This is especially true if your utilities are included in your rent.

Oh yeah.... this is true.
emoticon-0108-speechless.gif

TheRealCallie said:
HoodedMonk said:

Actually, it wouldn't. It would give you more to pay, as you'd be in charge of paying for your own upkeep of the place, instead of having the manager provide you with new items when something, such as a heating problem or whatever arises.

Gotta agree with Callie here. On top of that, you gotta consider that buying a house in itself already is a big deal (I don't even think of building one). You might invest into an older one in need of renovation, but you gotta pay up nonetheless. With more money or your own time, considering if you have the aptitude to take care of the necessary tasks by yourself. In any case, it sure demands a lot of responsibility.

Can I just add though in some places like where I live, rent is very expensive. People I know who own the same house in the Road I live only just bought and their mortgages are half what the rent is in this area. So they can more than compensate for any repairs.

She-ra said:
Can I just add though in some places like where I live, rent is very expensive. People I know who own the same house in the Road I live only just bought and their mortgages are half what the rent is in this area. So they can more than compensate for any repairs.

Their rent doesn't include their electric and water and all that stuff?

No mine doesn't that is fairly normal in the UK, it is a rip off.

We have to pay everything seperate ourselves to the utlity companies, also some renters have to pay the letting agent a fee to renew their tenancy. That can be every six months and be about £120.

TheRealCallie said:
HoodedMonk said:
Rodent said:

Marry someone? - Nah.

Plus then all your assets are tied up in the house and you don't have the freedom to just leave if you want. You are stuck until you can sell the house and hope that you at least get what you paid for it. I'd buy my own small house though if the cost was low and the payments weren't much. Kind of hard to save up for a downpayment though.

feeling anxious, hoping i'll pass the rest of my exams (sure i failed 2 already and that was for my 2nd favourite subject) thinking about what i'll do if i fail them all because i can't retake them, remembering when i almost failed all my school exams due to stress but i have twice the amount of stress right now and half the amount of support and time .-.

I am hoping this new plan works this time. The last time it back fired, but its worth a try in order to feel better.

hellostarlight said:
feeling anxious, hoping i'll pass the rest of my exams (sure i failed 2 already and that was for my 2nd favourite subject) thinking about what i'll do if i fail them all because i can't retake them, remembering when i almost failed all my school exams due to stress but i have twice the amount of stress right now and half the amount of support and time .-.

Hope the anxiety passes for you soon. Good luck with your exams! Let us know how it goes. We're here for support.

feeling very anxious today. i'd really like a drink, but that is unlikely. all this worry about the future, feeling like i've already blown it. i wish i could go back to when high school ended, and do it all over again.

TheSkaFish said:
feeling very anxious today. i'd really like a drink, but that is unlikely. all this worry about the future, feeling like i've already blown it. i wish i could go back to when high school ended, and do it all over again.

Well, you can start over from right now too but a little harder to do that, may be few denting will fix things.

kamya said:
TheRealCallie said:
HoodedMonk said:
Rodent said:

Marry someone? - Nah.

Plus then all your assets are tied up in the house and you don't have the freedom to just leave if you want. You are stuck until you can sell the house and hope that you at least get what you paid for it. I'd buy my own small house though if the cost was low and the payments weren't much. Kind of hard to save up for a downpayment though.

I disagree with everyone.

Ya know, when you're being not dickish, I actually enjoy talking to you. (no one here)

HoodedMonk said:
I disagree with everyone.

Meh, that's your opinion, I suppose.
I have experience with both renting and owning. I would definitely rather own, but it's not cheaper. We had to put **** near $15k in this house before we ever moved in. Just had to replace my roof and get a new water heater. Have to replace a window and remodel the bathroom, along with quite a few other things. None of those things are exactly low cost (all of which are NEEDED, not merely cosmetic). Not to mention the remodeling that's been needed over the years.
If I was renting, the landlord would have had to pay for all that stuff.

Latest posts

Back