What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could skip weekends, and live on a Monday-Friday basis, I think it would improve a lot of things. The butting heads would disappear.

TheSkaFish said:
Wondering if it would be a reasonable explanation to say that the gaps in my work experience were due to an illness, and that illness was alcoholism/depression? It's sort of true.

NEVER say anything like that- VERY career limiting move.

JustSomeGal said:
If I could skip weekends, and live on a Monday-Friday basis, I think it would improve a lot of things. The butting heads would disappear.

Shift work makes things interesting. The four on/four off routine quickly changes your concept of what a week feels like. I often lose track of which day of the week it is (especially when I do o.t.), it's kinda weird when you think it's Tuesday and discover its Friday....

ladyforsaken said:
WildernessWildChild said:
ROAD TRIP :)

I've always wondered what a road trip is like, I wanna go on one!

You've never had a road trip? For real? It boggles the mind....multi-day ones are the best but even a day-long getaway of being carefree is good for the soul. This is one of the reasons I'm saving for a new bike, I miss those days of just jumping on and riding with no real destination in mind....

Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely Mother's. Big hugs to all those who can't be with theirs for whatever reason.

ladyforsaken said:

You've never had a road trip? For real? It boggles the mind....multi-day ones are the best but even a day-long getaway of being carefree is good for the soul. This is one of the reasons I'm saving for a new bike, I miss those days of just jumping on and riding with no real destination in mind....

I think I so need this right now.

At the bus stop for Amtrak, waiting. It's 0719 hrs here, I've over an hour to kill, & it's cold as Mitch McConnell's heart out here.

Getting back home from Ukiah, where my mother is. The rest of the trip...you don't want to know about. Not all road trips are pleasant ones.

ladyforsaken said:
ladyforsaken said:

I think I so need this right now.

Yup. Any chance you can grab your passport, go to an airport and find a cheap flight/last minute deal to somewhere for even a couple of days? If you don't have a car can you borrow or rent one and just go? If you don't drive how about a bus? A train? Hitchhike?

Im really enjoying playing guitar, tho i'm really bad at it so far. It's a challenge tho. I hope I wont give it up

Why can't you JUST have an email account these days? There's so much social interaction integrated into it, then it tries to force you to add all friends, family and pets - not forgetting photo's. I don't WANT my whole life on the net, give me a break.

GraceBlossom said:
Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely Mother's. Big hugs to all those who can't be with theirs for whatever reason.

Thinking that Mother's Day is in May? But thanks!! :)

Edit: Aha...thanks to WildernessWildChild for pointing out that Mother's Day in the UK is different than here in Canada. Did not know that. Happy Mother's Day, GraceBlossom, and anyone else who is celebrating it. Hugs. :)

I'm thinking that I don't know who lives upstairs but I dislike them regardless. They're loud, walking and talking in and out of the apartment twenty times a day, their baby's constantly crying, they stomp around and drag things across the floor, and now they're vacuuming and banging the vacuum against a wall. It was so nice before they moved in. Now it's just constant minor irritations lol

Latest posts

Back