What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solivagant said:
It's been 9 years. That's almost a decade. I can't believe how much this still affects me.

I don't know what you're alluding to, but it took me around 7 years to get over my now ex-wife. It's peculiar just how much our brain can keep us rooted in the past.

I did not know that brown rice had an extremely limited shelf life. Only six months for brown, while white rice can be stored for up to 30 years.

Most people from work at this surprize birthday party for this woman.
I aren't going, can't force myself to. Funny the woman just sent me a message on facebook obviously thinking about me.
I never shut up at work, I can mix but not in a social setting.

user 130057 said:
I am in real danger of returning to the bitter, twisted, angry, controlling and violent person that I used to be. I need to do everything within my power to prevent this from happening...

I'm so sorry to hear this, user 130057. :/ If there is anything i can do to support than please don't hesitate to message me! You know i'm here for you!

Arachne said:
Wish I had a warm embrace right now..

*embraces* Two hours late, but eh, it's something! :D

Solivagant said:
It's been 9 years. That's almost a decade. I can't believe how much this still affects me.

I hope you're okay. :/

--

I'm thinking my life has been boring the last 2-3 days, i want to spice things up!

It's 9.30 and I am at home on a Saturday night. Going to bed soon. People from work are at that surprize party.
I could have gone, I got an invite. What is the point though ? Everybody there is either with a partner or a friend. I remember when I went to parties, one problem was
I always had to turn up by myself. It was embarrassing walking in. I hated it. I won't put myself thru that now. Not just because society says I should go out and enjoy myself.
Why mix with people who are more attractive than me ?

One thing - I always went out before hand and bought some really nice clothes. Just to give myself that little bit of confidence. Because I knew I looked like a pile of honeysuckle.
I never wore them again. Just the once and they would go in the wardrobe never to be worn again. Gathering dust. And the next time I would go out, fashions would change and I would go out and buy something else. Some of my worst ever days have been when I have gone out. Drinking made me depressed. I hated the feeling, that awful low feeling.

Coming up with a conversation starter with someone you don't know on the spot is hard =/. I hate feeling like a missed out on an opportunity because of not knowing what to say.

Everything I hate most about math starts with 'f'. Fractions, functions, factoring... the only exception is Fibonacci.

'F' you, math.

Lol, I was just about to post about my struggles with math when I read this.
Solivagant said:
Everything I hate most about math starts with 'f'. Fractions, functions, factoring... the only exception is Fibonacci.

'F' you, math.

I've enjoyed my math class the last 2 semesters but my math teachers an idiot this time and I'm really struggling. Have to take an online test that he didn't really prepare the class for. My head hurts and I can't do any more stupid matrices. I'm still in a low math haha. I hate it when I don't get it but love it when I do.

^As they always say... math can make you mad. :0

Rosebolt said:
I'm thinking my life has been boring the last 2-3 days, i want to spice things up!

Really now. What are you thinking of? I'm here!!

she said: 'There was sunshine in the room, and I saw his face and I thought “Oh my God, Oh my God”. It was literally like that.

'I went home that night and told my best friends, "I think I've found somebody that I want to be with".'

I think the fella's looks attracted this particular woman. I am not complaining about it but to say it doesn't ever happen is rubbish !

Triple Bogey said:
I think the fella's looks attracted this particular woman. I am not complaining about it but to say it doesn't ever happen is rubbish !

Who would say that doesn't ever happen? =/

Solivagant said:
Triple Bogey said:

Who would say that doesn't ever happen? =/

most people on forums, not just this one, every one.
Apparently it's personality that attracts people.

The woman was Dawn French by the way. I hear stories like that all the time. Looks are so important. When you look like a bag of shite like me, I have little hope.

But hey ho, the sun might be coming out soon ! :)

Thinking I really need to go to bed, as much as I don't want to. :( My brain is fried, and my eyes are so tired I can barely see the screen.

Triple Bogey said:
most people on forums, not just this one, every one.
Apparently it's personality that attracts people.

Really...? =/ I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum say that no one has ever been attracted to someone by their appearance alone. They've said that they personally haven't, but they're only speaking for themselves, not the whole world. Of course it happens. There are billions of people.

But it's not like it's an "either/or" thing. Some people are only attracted by appearance, or were at a point in their life. Some people are only attracted by personality. Probably the majority of people are somewhere in between, a mix. Or for many it could depend on the circumstances. Someone who normally feels that appearance is important to them might meet someone online and fall for them before ever seeing them, and then not care what they look like. It's not cut and dried. There are a whole bunch of different people out there who experience attraction in a multitude of ways.

Latest posts

Back