What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish i could go back and experience parts of my past again, i miss them so much sometimes. It's really bad that I idealise the past so much i guess, i sometimes think i prefer it to the present then i feel guilty towards the people in my present for feeling that way...

Thinking am I the only one who thinks that people really overuse profanity these days? I am trying to scale back on my own use of profanity and reserve it for when something really makes me angry and regular language will simply not suffice. I'm just trying to be less angry and venomous about absolutely everything. Also I feel it's kind of lazy language and not descriptive - if you say for instance "f this!" you convey that you don't like it, but not why or what about it is so bad. And now that it is so overused, it really doesn't even strongly indicate how much someone doesn't like something anymore. But the amount that most people swear these days, you'd think that we were storming the beaches of Normandy under heavy machine-gun fire, or something. It doesn't impress me but rather I feel like telling the person "Congratulations on turning 14! Don't worry, high school will be just fine."

I just feel it's really unpleasant. Unfortunately, as it relates to finding a girlfriend, I think this is one of those things I'm going to have to let slide. All the girls I've found to be appealing had this habit. I just feel that if I asked for minimum profanity in addition to everything else I'm looking for, there would just be no one left.

Please do elaborate on your statement WildernessWildChild hehe..

Garlic toast would be nice..

I'm missing something but i'm not sure what. Physical or mental energy? Guidance? Some key piece of knowledge? For once i'm not missing appreciation or respect, but it seems i'm often missing something. At least that'll improve my finding-missing-things-skills!

ladyforsaken said:
I hate it when people change.

Me too. I assume you mean, when they change for the worse and you look back to when you used to get along and it's like they were a completely different person. I'm kind of going through that right now. It's made me question if the one I knew even still exists.

On a much more lighthearted note, your snowman GIF makes me smile :)

TheSkaFish said:
ladyforsaken said:

Me too. I assume you mean, when they change for the worse and you look back to when you used to get along and it's like they were a completely different person. I'm kind of going through that right now. It's made me question if the one I knew even still exists.

Yeah well, in my case, not necessarily changing for the worse but just changing their behaviour towards me. Like, why? Is it me? Am I that boring or something? Oh well..

Glad the snowman gif made you smile. He is Olaf, from the Disney movie Frozen. I adore him, cos he makes me smile too.

Your holier than thou approach to life is disturbing, you are coasting through life but have the pompousness to tell others how to live their own. People should stop sugar coating the pill for people with no taste buds!

ladyforsaken said:
TheSkaFish said:
ladyforsaken said:

Yeah well, in my case, not necessarily changing for the worse but just changing their behaviour towards me. Like, why? Is it me? Am I that boring or something? Oh well..

Glad the snowman gif made you smile. He is Olaf, from the Disney movie Frozen. I adore him, cos he makes me smile too.

No you're not boring, you are a lovely, nice and funny person but unfortunately a lot of people feel comfort in the presence of ********!

You are lovely and genuine, please don't change :)

Arachne said:
Please do elaborate on your statement WildernessWildChild hehe..

Garlic toast would be nice..

As in not very innocent....
okg5ay.jpg

....you may not be able to handle the truth :D

Latest posts

Back