What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
Yeah well, in my case, not necessarily changing for the worse but just changing their behaviour towards me. Like, why? Is it me? Am I that boring or something? Oh well..

Glad the snowman gif made you smile. He is Olaf, from the Disney movie Frozen. I adore him, cos he makes me smile too.

Yea, that's how I'm feeling too. Is it me? Am I that boring? I'm feeling the same way.

But yea, I've heard good things about that movie. Maybe I'll see it some time. I could use something lighthearted and cheerful.

Solivagant said:
I really need to have some fun. :(

What kind of things do you like to do for fun? I try to brainstorm new ideas all the time.

PS - not sure where else to put this, but I tried sending you a message. It didn't work. If you don't do messages, that's fine...just wanted to chat!

WildernessWildChild said:
Arachne said:
Please do elaborate on your statement WildernessWildChild hehe..

Garlic toast would be nice..

As in not very innocent....
okg5ay.jpg

....you may not be able to handle the truth :D

I'm thinking WWC is such a wicked tease!

Littlesecret said:
Your holier than thou approach to life is disturbing, you are coasting through life but have the pompousness to tell others how to live their own. People should stop sugar coating the pill for people with no taste buds!

I always love the way you describe things. :p

Littlesecret said:
No you're not boring, you are a lovely, nice and funny person but unfortunately a lot of people feel comfort in the presence of ********!

You are lovely and genuine, please don't change :)

And thank you, you're always so good to me. <3

TheSkaFish said:
ladyforsaken said:
Yeah well, in my case, not necessarily changing for the worse but just changing their behaviour towards me. Like, why? Is it me? Am I that boring or something? Oh well..

Glad the snowman gif made you smile. He is Olaf, from the Disney movie Frozen. I adore him, cos he makes me smile too.

Yea, that's how I'm feeling too. Is it me? Am I that boring? I'm feeling the same way.

But yea, I've heard good things about that movie. Maybe I'll see it some time. I could use something lighthearted and cheerful.

Yeah, exactly.

You should catch it! It's very Disney and my friends tease me for liking it so much but oh well. :p

Glad to be back home. Away from all the leering and jeering. Wishing people understand that pandery gets you nowhere..

Why do you do that? No. I don't want the frozen ones. I want the vegetables that I've already taken out. Hence them being already out.

Sometimes it astounds me that people I grew up with that were regarded as idiots wound up in cushy jobs. But it's so hard for me, who was considered smart, to do the same or better. And yet, I have such a hard time forcing myself to come off as interested in things I have utterly zero interest in. I feel like every application I send out is forcing me to lie about who I am and what my interests are. I have absolutely no interest in the corporate world. However, that's the degree I have. I don't have money or time to retrain, the thought of working in a grocery store or something similar causes me to tremble with rage at the thought of being a hopeless victim and destroys my self-confidence replacing it with despair, and I also don't want to join the army and sign the rest of my life away. So I guess I really have no place else to go than business, even though I find it, and most people in it, as bone-dry as it gets.

I guess it helps when all you want out of life is to go to the bar and watch the game. School trained you to accept life as 5 days of boredom for 2 days of fun as just the way life is, and also that only special people get to actually enjoy their lives. You don't mind taking a soul-sucking corporate job, because you have very little soul to lose.

TheSkaFish said:
Sometimes it astounds me that people I grew up with that were regarded as idiots wound up in cushy jobs. But it's so hard for me, who was considered smart, to do the same or better. And yet, I have such a hard time forcing myself to come off as interested in things I have utterly zero interest in. I feel like every application I send out is forcing me to lie about who I am and what my interests are. I have absolutely no interest in the corporate world. However, that's the degree I have. I don't have money or time to retrain, the thought of working in a grocery store or something similar causes me to tremble with rage at the thought of being a hopeless victim and destroys my self-confidence replacing it with despair, and I also don't want to join the army and sign the rest of my life away. So I guess I really have no place else to go than business, even though I find it, and most people in it, as bone-dry as it gets.

I guess it helps when all you want out of life is to go to the bar and watch the game. School trained you to accept life as 5 days of boredom for 2 days of fun as just the way life is, and also that only special people get to actually enjoy their lives. You don't mind taking a soul-sucking corporate job, because you have very little soul to lose.

Keep making assumptions about large groups of people that you know nothing about. That'll surely get you where you want to be. Maybe they actually need the money so they work hard for it. Most people aren't super happy with what they are doing but they can't afford to just sit around whining about how shitty everything and everyone else is.

kamya said:
TheSkaFish said:

Keep making assumptions about large groups of people that you know nothing about. That'll surely get you where you want to be. Maybe they actually need the money so they work hard for it. Most people aren't super happy with what they are doing but they can't afford to just sit around whining about how shitty everything and everyone else is.

Word.

kamya said:

Agreed. Most people get a job because they need to pay their bills. They don't have the luxury of staying at their parents house. Some people take what they can get and hope something better comes along later.

Welcome to the real world, you don't always get what you want. You make do with what you have and what you can get.

kamya said:
Keep making assumptions about large groups of people that you know nothing about. That'll surely get you where you want to be. Maybe they actually need the money so they work hard for it.

Yea, that's right. I know absolutely nothing about people I used to have to spend, oh, I don't know, 5 days a week with for the better part of a year, for years on end. Sure.

To clarify, the specific person I was referring to as being an idiot who landed a cushy job doing essentially nothing, was a notorious drunk, stoner, and supposedly got into cocaine. In my eyes, a dirtbag. Yes, it makes me mad to see someone like that coast by, when I played by the rules and never stepped out of line.

They don't work hard either. I've been around these people long enough to know that. They're just good at following orders and repeating tasks over and over and over, which is what school is really about. It doesn't bother them because they don't believe they are capable of anything greater. Let's not make any bones about it. And if you've ever worked in a business setting or even taken the courses, you'd know what the people there are like. Just listen to them talk or look at their Facebook, if they are people you know. I guarantee you will hear about little else other than local sports, going to the bar, or some TV show.

kamya said:
Most people aren't super happy with what they are doing but they can't afford to just sit around whining about how shitty everything and everyone else is.

All the more reason not to look to them as an example to follow. I just feel that if you're not super happy with what you're doing, then what the hell kind of life is that? They aren't some unsung hero. They're losing. I guess complaining without action is a little lame, but I'm just frustrated and posting my thoughts.

I guess I shouldn't focus on it if it upsets me, I should know better than to let it bother me. But I just really don't like seeing known crummy people get things to work out for them, while others stay out of trouble and do what they are told and get less. It makes me feel like there is a double standard in the world, like those guys own the place and are above decency, and people like me who believe in decency are just here to be their second-class citizens. Like we're just foolish for not embracing debauchery ourselves.

TheSkaFish said:
kamya said:
Most people aren't super happy with what they are doing but they can't afford to just sit around whining about how shitty everything and everyone else is.

All the more reason not to look to them as an example to follow. I just feel that if you're not super happy with what you're doing, then what the hell kind of life is that? They aren't some unsung hero. They're losing.

Sometimes, we just have no other choices but to make do with what we have or can have.

kamya said:
TheSkaFish said:

Seriously. Not even to mention the fact that just because you think you deserve C because you're A and you have B, doesn't mean you should get it. Thinking you're better than everyone or that you're beneath a job just because you think it's simply a "corporate sellout" deal will probably punch you in the face one day. You don't know why people take jobs. Perhaps they took the first job they could get to pay their bills. If people assumed that you don't have a girlfriend at your age was because you were gay or creepy, you probably wouldn't appreciate it very much. Once you stop being so **** harsh on others (as well as yourself, to be honest), you'd probably be better off.

My thought before replying to that was, it's okay if she doesn't eat it. It's actually very convenient because I didn't make it for her.

I'd also like to point out that "they" are not LOSING, because they are out there DOING...which is more than some people can say.

Millions of people are looking for a job and can't find one. They would likely take ANY job they can get, while others sit around doing nothing because it's not good enough for them because they think they are entitled to something better. You aren't entitled to anything, no one is.

Carrying The Green Eyed Monster, envying others their accomplishments, pining for women who've got someone else, and sitting on the sidelines watching life go by sounds like fun....hmmmm, maybe not so much.

TheSkaFish said:

I don't want to jump on the bandwagon because people have already said what I'm thinking.
I just think what you have said is pretty weird but kind of humorous. I can't understand why you think you have only three options in life. Working in a grocery store, army or the 'Corporate world', so bizarre!
When I read posts like this, not just from you but anyone that leads a very narrow-minded life style, I just wish I could flick a switch on in their brain and tell them to wake the hell up!
Also, what makes you think you are too good for these jobs? Why do you think you're better than others that choose a career in those fields?
I can understand not wanting a job because you are not interested in it or you don't think you would be good at it but you act like they're beneath you, it's just so rude!
Anyways, once again your ideology of life and other human-beings is offensive!

WildernessWildChild said:
Carrying The Green Eyed Monster, envying others their accomplishments, pining for women who've got someone else, and sitting on the sidelines watching life go by sounds like fun....hmmmm, maybe not so much.

Accomplishments my ass....like I said, this guy had an alcohol and drug problem. But I guess he's the smart one. Stupid me, I should have been like him and others of his type, drinking my face off every week and stealing money from my parents to buy drugs. Obviously those are the people who get ahead.

As far as the women, the only women I find desirable are indeed gone for now. Anyone left would only ever be second best to me and I wouldn't be able to date them with any real enthusiasm. What am I supposed to do, just smile and pretend I'm happy with someone who doesn't fulfill me? Just give up and accept second-best as the best I can get? Besides, maybe they'll ditch those scumbags someday. Maybe if I change enough, they'll notice it, ditch the deadbeats, and come around. It could happen and every other time I've given up on something, it was the wrong choice and things could have worked out for me if I worked on me and waited a bad situation out instead of giving up.

Littlesecret said:
I can't understand why you think you have only three options in life. Working in a grocery store, army or the 'Corporate world', so bizarre!

Name another real, helpful option then.

Littlesecret said:
Also, what makes you think you are too good for these jobs?

I never said I was too good for them. Though the grocery store stuff, maybe but "too good" is the wrong phrase. It's not that I'm too good. It's that I've been there and done that when I was at the appropriate age and now I'm ready for something else. I know I'm capable of more. I'm not in MENSA or whatever but I know there's just got to be something more I can do.

Littlesecret said:
Why do you think you're better than others that choose a career in those fields?

I don't think I'm better than others who are in those fields. Once again I never said that. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Littlesecret said:
I can understand not wanting a job because you are not interested in it or you don't think you would be good at it but you act like they're beneath you, it's just so rude!
Anyways, once again your ideology of life and other human-beings is offensive!

I never said I was "too good" for the corporate world. I said it was boring.

I never said I was "too good" for the army. I said I didn't want to sign a contract saying that basically for the next however many years, I would be doing nothing else with my life except being in the army. You can't have hobbies, passions, or any kind of a life in there outside of your role. You don't get any time to yourself, not enough to really do anything except rest and wait to go back on duty. I'm tired of putting my life on hold.

And grocery stores, I've already explained. I did it once, when I was younger. I've since grown up and am more capable now. It wouldn't help me in any way. Let me put it another way - would it help you to read books at a first-grade level? Or would it help you more to read something more geared for a more mature person?

Ya know what, fresia it. The takeaway here is that I should have been a thieving, lying, rule-breaking, booze-and-drug-swilling tough guy. Then I wouldn't be posting my problems on a message board, because I wouldn't have any problems! That's who gets the jobs, the money, the choice of who to date. That's who life never says "no" to. But I was dumb and chose to be nice, chose to follow the rules. Or, according to some people here, I should just shrug and accept my lot in life, "life's a *****, then you die" while others get to ride a non-stop party bus cause they're the good old boys and I'm not. I guess that's what it comes down to in the end.

TheSkaFish said:
Ya know what, fresia it. The takeaway here is that I should have been a thieving, lying, booze-and-drug-swilling tough guy. Then I wouldn't be posting my problems on a message board, because I wouldn't have any problems! That's who gets the jobs, the money, the choice of who to date. That's who life never says "no" to. But I was dumb and chose to be nice, chose to follow the rules. I guess that's what it comes down to in the end.

You're so jaded (Urban dictionary definition). And you let society dictate what your life is and isn't, and you continue to let society decide what it should be. You know what you want, but do you know who you are? There are no "rules" to life. Whoever told you that laughed at you for days.

Don't like what someone says, just make honeysuckle up. Completely change what the meaning of what they said, so it benefits you more and you don't have to be the bad guy. lol

A job, ANY job is served, primarily to pay your bills and get your by in life. Not everyone has parents that will pay their way so they can do nothing.

Latest posts

Back