What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gah, Bank holidays are pretty boring, especially when my uncle's in work.

I am thinking about how dumb some kids are when gaming.

I was just on a pc game called rust, first person shooter, but survival game so you have to find weapons, ammo etc (for those interested :p )
So I am on the server I am always on and these kids are on whom I helped a couple of days ago getting started.
One of them asks me via the typing chat - "can we rape you, in the ass"

Obviously they are joking around but it gets me thinking, SERIOUSLY ? I mean I am an advocate of freedom of speech, but rape is a very specific meaning, one of the most hideous acts a person can engage in, is it something that kids should joke about. I mean I would rather a child swear in front of me than talk about raping someone as a joke, a swear is not inherently a bad word since more often than not their definitions are not bad, but to rape, murder, torture, molest etc, all describe hideous acts. And yet kids joke about them :eek:

People are weird

zibafu said:
I am thinking about how dumb some kids are when gaming.

I was just on a pc game called rust, first person shooter, but survival game so you have to find weapons, ammo etc (for those interested :p )
So I am on the server I am always on and these kids are on whom I helped a couple of days ago getting started.
One of them asks me via the typing chat - "can we rape you, in the ass"

Obviously they are joking around but it gets me thinking, SERIOUSLY ? I mean I am an advocate of freedom of speech, but rape is a very specific meaning, one of the most hideous acts a person can engage in, is it something that kids should joke about. I mean I would rather a child swear in front of me than talk about raping someone as a joke, a swear is not inherently a bad word since more often than not their definitions are not bad, but to rape, murder, torture, molest etc, all describe hideous acts. And yet kids joke about them :eek:

People are weird

I don't think any subject is too taboo for humour, but some people, like the kid in your example, are just unfunny and inappropriate. That is just a really stupid thing to say to someone, not so much the actual words but just the thought of his brain thinking it would be a funny thing to say, and him actually saying it.

lonelyfairy said:
Why I always push people away? Why am I always being like this? Am I afraid of getting hurt again? Why I keep hiding my tears from everyone? How does that help me? I feel miserable.

*hugs* I hope you'll feel more calm and at peace soon, fairy. :(
Feel better soon. You know you can write to me anytime if you wanna talk about anything.

Judging from last night, I'm not sure if it's wise to go, because the windows will be open in the house. I suppose I could just stay in a hotel or something, but that doesn't seem very productive to me......

zibafu said:
lonelyfairy said:
Why I always push people away? Why am I always being like this? Am I afraid of getting hurt again? Why I keep hiding my tears from everyone? How does that help me? I feel miserable.

/hugs and squeezes really hard

Aw, thank you.

ladyforsaken said:
lonelyfairy said:

*hugs* I hope you'll feel more calm and at peace soon, fairy. :(
Feel better soon. You know you can write to me anytime if you wanna talk about anything.

Aww, thank you Ladyforsaken. I know, maybe I should send PM to you. :(

They always seem to loose when I watch, the hell's that all about?

MrPaul said:
Why does imagining a T-Rox trying to pick up his car keys make me giggle so much...*facepalm*

Hah. Made me laugh too. Along with the typo: T-Rox A T-Rex so cool he got his own genus!

Latest posts

Back