What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
user 130057 said:
Rodent said:
People tell me I look a lot nicer and approachable with my current haircut...well, in comparison to a almost zero-length buzzcut. In reality, it didn't have any impact apart from already known people telling me this exact thing all the time. So what's the good of that?

...I should cut it down again. Even if my parents get all fussy.

Funny you should mention this. I shave my head all the time and people are always telling me how scary and unfriendly I look. Occasionally, I'll let it grow out a bit and change the style and suddenly I'm approachable again. I guess it just goes to show how tied up in appearance we all are.

Around here it's also the association with all kinds of subversive groups - mostly nationalists. Especially when you're younger and not exactly wearing the most colorful clothing like I do. Or even military-like attire in olive drab or camouflage.
Of course, with a regular haircut significantly more people would approach me because of my sympathetic look, right? Impressive zero percent...nope, it surely isn't about the haircut for me and I'm fully aware of that.

Rodent said:
user 130057 said:
Rodent said:
People tell me I look a lot nicer and approachable with my current haircut...well, in comparison to a almost zero-length buzzcut. In reality, it didn't have any impact apart from already known people telling me this exact thing all the time. So what's the good of that?

Funny you should mention this. I shave my head all the time and people are always telling me how scary and unfriendly I look. Occasionally, I'll let it grow out a bit and change the style and suddenly I'm approachable again. I guess it just goes to show how tied up in appearance we all are.

Around here it's also the association with all kinds of subversive groups - mostly nationalists. Especially when you're younger and not exactly wearing the most colorful clothing like I do. Or even military-like attire in olive drab or camouflage.
Of course, with a regular haircut significantly more people would approach me because of my sympathetic look, right? Impressive zero percent...nope, it surely isn't about the haircut for me and I'm fully aware of that.

I wasn't referring to random strangers - I was talking about people that actually know me. If that's what they're saying to me, then it's a reasonable assumption that it is also what random strangers are thinking. I haven't actually noticed any change in the level of interaction I have with others either ;)

user 130057 said:
Rodent said:
user 130057 said:
Rodent said:

I wasn't referring to random strangers - I was talking about people that actually know me. If that's what they're saying to me, then it's a reasonable assumption that it is also what random strangers are thinking. I haven't actually noticed any change in the level of interaction I have with others either ;)

Nah, neither was I. Same here: Only relatives and acquaintances make these kinda statements and assumptions. Though there has also been this one time when a teacher jokingly said that I looked more 'dangerous'.

I merely replied: "Nah, I'm good. Just the usual annoyance." Case closed. :p

Directors don't pay a lot of attention, do they? One of the extras in the beginning of Thor 2: The Dark World looked directly into the camera at least twice.

Tonight Kid n' I are going down to the lake to do chicken skewers (with yellow/red/orange peppers, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes) on the firepit. She's also dared me to do the rope swing into the lake....can't resist a dare....I'm so gonna freeze my balls off tonight! Good thing there'll be a fire to warm up by.

WildernessWildChild said:
Tonight Kid n' I are going down to the lake to do chicken skewers (with yellow/red/orange peppers, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes) on the firepit. She's also dared me to do the rope swing into the lake....can't resist a dare....I'm so gonna freeze my balls off tonight! Good thing there'll be a fire to warm up by.

That sounds awesome.

I need to become a really good singer and find a wealthy boyfriend who would support the arts, like this woman I know

*sighs* The Thought Police are at it again! I'm playing a "Three Wishes" game on another site and some doucheface decided to come in and tell people what they should and shouldn't wish for. Seriously? Dude. It's a game. And yes, I want things; even things that can't possibly be. It's okay - even healthy - to acknowledge and express those desires as long as I'm grounded in "reality".

But that wasn't this person's issue. They think our wishes should be directed solely at ourselves and not all of society/humanity. That they should revolve around things we wanna improve about ourselves.

Dude. First of all, self-improvement is realistic (unlike some of my wishes) and is one of my main focuses ALL THE TIME! This is a GAME! I want a break! Secondly, who said wishes involving all of society/humanity can't be personally beneficial? Maybe I believe (perhaps foolishly and unfairly) that some things are universally beneficial. For example, the complete absence of hatred in this world.

Went and ruined the game, man...

Volmornu said:
*sighs* The Thought Police are at it again! I'm playing a "Three Wishes" game on another site and some doucheface decided to come in and tell people what they should and shouldn't wish for. Seriously? Dude. It's a game. And yes, I want things; even things that can't possibly be. It's okay - even healthy - to acknowledge and express those desires as long as I'm grounded in "reality".

But that wasn't this person's issue. They think our wishes should be directed solely at ourselves and not all of society/humanity. That they should revolve around things we wanna improve about ourselves.

Dude. First of all, self-improvement is realistic (unlike some of my wishes) and is one of my main focuses ALL THE TIME! This is a GAME! I want a break! Secondly, who said wishes involving all of society/humanity can't be personally beneficial? Maybe I believe (perhaps foolishly and unfairly) that some things are universally beneficial. For example, the complete absence of hatred in this world.

Went and ruined the game, man...

I always wondered what happened to Monica from Friends after the show ended. "Rules help control the fun!". Play the games here. We promise to let you answer in any way you please!

JHK said:

That sounds awesome.

It was. We were also blessed with a clear night sky and the moon making an appearance as it came up the valley between two mountains. The skewers were yummy and we roasted marshmallows as well.

Today was a very good day....

JHK said:

That sounds awesome.

It was. We were also blessed with a clear night sky and the moon making an appearance as it came up the valley between two mountains. The skewers were yummy and we roasted marshmallows as well.

Today was a very good day....

Nice man. That sounds awesome.

Why did I sign up for this workshop? Shouldn't I be happy? I like acting... so why am I now worried about people looking at me nd judging my performance. I'm just worried I'm not good enough.
Everything seems increasingly pointless and it's wearing me out...

Wrongly accusing me of lying about my age is hurtful enough but to do it publicly? That's embarrassing. Yes, I shared information that would make most people doubt my age but that was intimate, personal information. If you had suspicions, you should have brought them up in private.

Also, just because you don't see me being attacked doesn't mean I'm never attacked. What happens behind closed doors...

I just cannot believe how mean some people can be. Is it really a mystery why I isolate myself?

Latest posts

Back