What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do men insist on saying things like "Stop being such a girl" to other men when they're attempting to belittle their physical or mental strength? When did being a girl become such a bad thing? More to the point, are there groups of women saying "stop being such a boy" whenever one of their friends are being an emotionally stunted Neanderthal?

user 130057 said:
Why do men insist on saying things like "Stop being such a girl" to other men when they're attempting to belittle their physical or mental strength? When did being a girl become such a bad thing? More to the point, are there groups of women saying "stop being such a boy" whenever one of their friends are being an emotionally stunted Neanderthal?

I remember hearing a girl I knew say to another girl "stop being such a dyke". Same girl would also say things like, "shut up and suck my *removed*nugget". So...maybe? I've never thought about it much. Maybe it was some kind of homophobia on her part.

His accent... He wasn't so bad to listen to, though. Especially that last hour or so. I really liked hearing about what went down when Owen died.

Off on a trip to the coast tomorrow, hoping to get some good sunrise / sunset shots.
Been looking forward to this for months !

I'm thinking why did I ask if there was a thread for random thoughts, and why didn't it occur to me that "What are you thinking right now" is a random thoughts thread.

TheRealCallie said:
VanillaCreme said:
A mosquito bite right in the center of my hairline... Ya kiddin' me...

I'll trade you my bee sting, if you'd like. lol

I see your bee sting, and raise you a wasp sting. Plenty of those still buzzing around here.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Even in a forum about lonely people, I still have no idea how or if I should try meeting some of these people.

There are some cool people on the forums. The main reason I stay is to communicate to a couple of them.

Outcast said:
I'm terrible at socializing.

I am as well. Even now that I am comfortable around new people, I am still really bad at it. I think for some of us who aren't natural at it, we need practice and instruction. I found the local sports league to be a great place to get practice, especially if it is more of a social league than a competitive one.

Ero said:
I'm starting to forget what "feeling" feels like.
That sentence is a bit odd...

I think I understand what you mean. I worry about that myself sometimes.

VeganAtheist said:
Even in a forum about lonely people, I still have no idea how or if I should try meeting some of these people.

There are some cool people on the forums. The main reason I stay is to communicate to a couple of them.

I see what you mean. What I meant though was do I suddenly send someone a PM out of the blue, or do I wait for someone to?

The "if" part is more like getting over the shyness to do it and if it would bother the person if I did.

You know I think the same thing sometimes. The chat room would probably be a good place to start, though I have never ventured there myself.

VeganAtheist said:
Outcast said:
I'm terrible at socializing.

I am as well. Even now that I am comfortable around new people, I am still really bad at it. I think for some of us who aren't natural at it, we need practice and instruction. I found the local sports league to be a great place to get practice, especially if it is more of a social league than a competitive one.

Right, being uncomfortable or afraid to talk to people isn't really a problem for me either. Most of the time I feel like I either have nothing interesting to add to the conversation or I have nothing in common with them in the first place, so why speak? Even if I wanted to, what would I say? I think I'll stick to just speaking when something actually needs to be said lol. Anyway, I suppose practice couldn't hurt.

I see what you mean. What I meant though was do I suddenly send someone a PM out of the blue, or do I wait for someone to?

The "if" part is more like getting over the shyness to do it and if it would bother the person if I did.

You could just sent a PM out of the blue, if you really wanna talk to someone in particular. I know it can be nerve-wrecking. I used to be like that. What I did was, send a PM and then forget about it and just not care, and just pretend I never did it so I won't think too much. It also helps, cos if they don't respond, I'm not really too bothered.

If it bothered the person you PMed, then let it be, it just goes to show that it's not worth it to contact someone like that. But I think on here, most of the time, the people are pretty warm and friendly. Usually. Give it a shot, good luck.

Latest posts

Back