What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not another broken sewage pipe thing please...let it just be a consequence of the maintenance work in the neighborhood. But puddles in the basement and the smell of crap is generally not a good sign. At least it wasn't my pipes this time. Another thing to observe.

Serenia said:
^Ska if I may, I believe what anyone needs to do is be authentic. Concentrate on finding what makes you feel fulfilled in life. As with dating lifes passions come with trial and error.

Yeah, I neglected that my whole life and I think now I am paying the price. The problem I've always had with being authentic or "being myself" is that I feel the "myself" that I've grown into is all wrong, or at least, a lot of it is wrong and I need to fix it. I also think "myself" is a lot "smaller" than other people's selves. I need to cultivate and grow more of a personality and identity. Most people have been working at their "selves" for a while now, whereas I didn't start working on my identity when everyone else did.

MisunderstoodVacancy said:
I feel that about wanting to travel and go out on adventures more.

Yeah, that's good too. I'm trying to figure out where I'd even want to go or what I'd want to do.

How about you? Do you have a list of places you want to visit? What are your ideas of adventures?

"I hope she'll be a fool. That's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool."
-GG

Thought of this quote randomly today. The older I get, the more this makes sense to my life.

So this girl superlikes me on Tinder. She's pretty and from talking to her I find out she's half Austrian and just got back from five years living there. I get her number and this seems like it could be the start of something good.

Tonight I ask her if she'd be keen for a drink tomorrow night. I then discover that she lives in Nelson, which is in the South Island and I live in Wellington which is in the North Island.

Why can it never work out?

This is one of the moments where it seems like life is just trying to make a fool out of my self-awareness. You create things which you deem absolutely below average and which ate up way too much time. You leave work feeling like a total loser at your job...and on the next day you read a compliment by the big boss himself on your (and another colleague's) creations and in your head you just go: "...w-what?"

I feel like not coming to this forum that much anymore. I'm like it doesn't even exist *cough* but this post is exception.

AmytheTemperamental said:
Okay, I get that the Mummy is like 17 years old. IT STILL DOESN'T NEED A REBOOT.

The least they could've done was adapt this novel:

rice-anne-the-mummy-400.jpg

But yeah, the 1999 one doesn't need an updating or follow-up.

I know you've lied a lot in your life to get pity, but I'm not really sure I want this one to be true. If it's not true, it's the most messed up lie you've ever told, but if it is true, I'll never see you again....

Anyone here use AnxietyZone.com? I thought I'd make an account there to deal with something more specific than ALL is capable of helping with. However, I can't seem to get past the registration stage. It says it has sent me an email with a link to activate my account, but no such email has arrived for over a day now. There is no contact info for the site either, only a troubleshooting thread which is only helpful if you already have an activated account and are able to post. I can't activate my account without an activation email, and there is no contact info that I can find to ask someone there what to do about it. This is incredibly frustrating.

TheSkaFish said:
Anyone here use AnxietyZone.com? I thought I'd make an account there to deal with something more specific than ALL is capable of helping with. However, I can't seem to get past the registration stage. It says it has sent me an email with a link to activate my account, but no such email has arrived for over a day now. There is no contact info for the site either, only a troubleshooting thread which is only helpful if you already have an activated account and are able to post. I can't activate my account without an activation email, and there is no contact info that I can find to ask someone there what to do about it. This is incredibly frustrating.

In order of likeliness:

1. Maybe it just go stuck. If you check your e-mails via an external e-mail program, log in directly on the page of your e-mail provider and look into the spam folder there.
2. Check whether you made some simple mistake when entering your e-mail address.
3. Wait even longer because they are sending their activiation mails severely delayed...
4. Your e-mail address looks like a throw-away/temporary spam bot and any attempt at registration is immediately deflected.
5. They're doing maintenance and everything is on hold.
6. They are dead...?!

That's all I can think of from the top of my head.

Rodent said:
In order of likeliness:

1. Maybe it just go stuck. If you check your e-mails via an external e-mail program, log in directly on the page of your e-mail provider and look into the spam folder there.
2. Check whether you made some simple mistake when entering your e-mail address.
3. Wait even longer because they are sending their activiation mails severely delayed...
4. Your e-mail address looks like a throw-away/temporary spam bot and any attempt at registration is immediately deflected.
5. They're doing maintenance and everything is on hold.
6. They are dead...?!

That's all I can think of from the top of my head.

Hmm, well I know the site is still active because people were logged in and posting as of today. It could just be that for some reason, it takes forever for them to send account activation emails. I guess I'll just have to wait.

I'd hate to have to make a separate email account just to register for this site. It's been getting harder to create new email addresses since so many of them require a cell phone number to create nowadays, and I don't have a cell phone. Going to another site about similar issues won't be the best solution either, because I need to register on that specific site to see a post about my exact issue and how they beat it.

Anyway. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I can't remember ever having to wait this long to register for a site before. Thanks for offering some ideas, at least.

Well. That went well even if there were a couple of hiccups. She was definitely surprised and happy. I'm glad I talked to them about doing this. We really do have a great team of reps this year.
I think the activities for world health day over the past few days went well, but the five hours it took to return on that un-speedy speedboat was pushing it, even for me. Still tired and sleepy even though I've slept.

Latest posts

Back