What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amelia said:
TheRealCallie said:
15kg is 30lbs.  Yeah, that's a pretty good amount.  The husband definitely could have been more tactful and he was an ass for the way he said it.  However, are you 100% sure she didn't exaggerate the story?  Do you know the guy well enough to know if he would say it that way or not?  I mean, it wouldn't be the first time my ex said something and I read more into what he meant and relayed the story to friends with a bit of a twist (from my own impressions of what happened).

I guess I'm the only who thinks 30 lbs is ok haha! 

It's possible she misread him or was too sensitive. But the thing is i've either heard this kind of thing from other friends or worst of all, that one time I actually heard a guy call his gf fat and she looked so upset. 

Not long ago, someone else told me how her husband didn't want to be intimate with her anymore because her body wasn't as attractive as her pre-baby/breastfeeding bod.

And all this makes me wonder where all the unshallow guys are :/

The thing is, you're physically attracted to what you're physically attracted to, if you're not attracted to someone above or below a certain weight, then you're not attracted to them.  You talk about where all the unshallow guys are, yet how many women stop wanting to be intimate with their husbands/ boyfriends.  I have a coworker who is no longer sexually interested in her husband, shes 32, physically shes not interested anymore, and he has gotten bigger since they got together.  She'll only be interested when she wants another baby.

Look at it another way - there are people out there who dislike blondes, but love brunettes, so lets say you're one of those people, and your partner dyes their hair blonde, no you dont find them attractive, would it be considered offensive to say - I dont like your hair blonde, nope not at all, but mention weight, and boom, its an issue.

We currently live in a culture, where telling your partner or a friend, anything regarding weight is an absolute no, and then we wonder why theres an obesity crisis in children.  Men are frowned upon if they dont give the bigger girl a chance, noone bats an eyelid if a woman doesnt give bigger guys a chance though.

^ shallow women are also everywhere and I understand how men also have a tough time. I don't think people are generally more forgiving of women being superficial. In male circles, shallow women are probably spoken about in the same way shallow men are spoken about in female circles.

My questiom about shallow men was a personal. In truth, I am also surrounded by shallow women but I guess as a female, it has been easier for me to avoid forming close relationships with these ones and instead find those with substance. I don't know where to find and how to befriend guys like this. I know they are probably hanging out different circles (not that they don't exist).

Thank God that some one told me it was day light savings night as it may have taken me a week to realise

DarkSelene said:
I'm lazy and don't wanna shave my legs for a doctor.

I know the feeling, haha. There came a point where I just didn't give a honeysuckle anymore lol they've seen it all I bet.

Wish I hadn't eaten the full pack of chocolate Freddos now ...playing havoc with my gallstones.l can't even eat chocolate now...life really can be a bummer :(

Joturbo said:
Wish I hadn't eaten the full pack of chocolate Freddos now ...playing havoc with my gallstones.l can't even eat chocolate now...life really can be a bummer :(

I remember gall stones.  Definitely not fun...especially when you are pregnant.  lol  Are you having it removed or is it not that bad and they are just going to make you suffer?

TheRealCallie said:
Joturbo said:

I remember gall stones.  Definitely not fun...especially when you are pregnant.  lol  Are you having it removed or is it not that bad and they are just going to make you suffer?

Hi Callie no Doctor said if not too painful best not to have the op because can disturb other organs and cause more problems ;)

You could see it in that kid's face that he's the biggest trouble maker out of the group. Okay, I can understand some of their reactions, but he's the only one that constantly asks me questions. Didn't his parents teach him to not talk to strangers? Kid doesn't know me from a can of paint.

Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:
Joturbo said:

Hi Callie no Doctor said if not too painful best not to have the op because can disturb other organs and cause more problems ;)

The pain I got with mine was horrific.  I was actually induced three week early because of the gall stones.  Had issues two weeks later and the surgeon covering for the guy I was supposed to go see said he could take it out the next day.  So I  had it out and couldn't lift over 5 pounds....lol  That was fun.  My ex was working 14 hour days and then staying up all night with the baby because I couldn't pick him up :D

Seriously though, I hope you aren't suffering too  much.

It's almost entertaining. Why should anyone give you a chance when you don't care to give one yourself? Never wonder why.

Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:
Joturbo said:

OMG...  I would so opt for the surgery!!!   I had mine out almost 20 years ago,  and I am so happy I did!!  I hope you aren't in too much pain,  but I would tell them you want the surgery!!!

Danielle said:
Joturbo said:
TheRealCallie said:
Joturbo said:

OMG...  I would so opt for the surgery!!!   I had mine out almost 20 years ago,  and I am so happy I did!!  I hope you aren't in too much pain,  but I would tell them you want the surgery!!!

Thanks Danielle for your concern......actually not too bad at the moment and deters me from boozing too much and instigated the cutting out of fatty foods and less sugar which really makes it uncomfortable so that's a benefit .Glad your ok and that you got it sorted early on with no complications....Just got to work on chocolate addiction and say NO to them Freddos........

Latest posts

Back