What are your fears or complexes?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter.EU

Reaction score
This is another thread that most likely ends up in some flame of off spam, something about taste of vanilla Popsicle, but the reason why I ask:

I am trying to figure out what is reason for let's say... unsatisfied lives,

so I can understand people better. "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." (Shakespeare or Star Wars, not sure).

would you like to describe what worries you?

for instance, I'll start:

you know, life is unfair and some people have happy relationships from the title of their beauty or their age. Or their monetary status... Some man are desired because they look like guys from magazines, I envy them. For me every "normal" meal means gaining unaesthetic fat and than suffering over oats and plain meat. Second, I was young, fool and naive and some men used this against me. Because of them I lost solid ground under ground and didn't quite got over it until today. I feel like victim of bad luck and don't want to repeat mistakes by entirely avoiding certain situations... and feelings.

how about you?

I think what you're asking is "what are you afraid of the most in life?". Yes?

I'm utterly terrified that I'm going to go through life with fewer and fewer friends, and never find someone to even date, let alone settle down with. I'm terribly insecure about my ability to make friends or find a girl.

I don't think it's necessary fear, or fearing something the most in life. Because worry doesn't always mean fear. I fear next to nothing. I worry about a whole lot of stuff.

VanillaCreme said:
I fear next to nothing. I worry about a whole lot of stuff.

I think you're bad-ass. :0

I'm really not sure what my fears are. Can't think of any at the moment.

Musicman said:
I think what you're asking is "what are you afraid of the most in life?". Yes?

I'm utterly terrified that I'm going to go through life with fewer and fewer friends, and never find someone to even date, let alone settle down with. I'm terribly insecure about my ability to make friends or find a girl.

This is similar to mine, the older you get the harder it seems to make friends.

that I'm too ugly, boring and unintelligent to warrant anything more than passing acquaintances with people.

that everyone has a better/ more interesting life and especially relationships than I have... afraid of never finding someone that is attracted to me and will love me.. fear that my life is over in a few years...

Triple Bogey said:
Tiina63 said:
I fear that I am not worthy of love.

I used to think like that.
Not now.

Regarding yourself, it's not true. Nowhere near !

Thank you TripleBogey-that is really kind of you and I appreciate it very much.

Well, I don't feel comfortable putting out all of the things I think about, because I don't want someone using them against me somehow.

But I'll share one. It's just the fear that I am just fundamentally incompetent. Like, a feeling that I just can't. That I can't make money. I can't attract the women I want, and won't get to experience a truly happy relationship (this has already happened, the door is closed now forever). That I can't become successful at anything, especially creative pursuits, especially things I am interested in or care about. That I just lack the intelligence and creativity and ability to get good at things, or the time left to develop the intelligence and creativity and ability. That I can't come up with good ideas no matter what. That I'll never learn how to be the fascinating, exciting, adventurous, creative, happy person I want to be, who always has lots to talk about and lots to think about. That I'm just not good enough to get the life I want, and that a mediocre life is all I can hope for.

I'm afraid if one day I finally find someone I have feelings for, I wont be able to make them happy, or ill lose them. Or financial failure...I work too hard for that.

I am honestly afraid that there is something in me that makes me unfit to be loved by anyone - and by the way, men don't like my personality (more of a fact, than a fear).
For both reasons, I am quite worried that I will end up completely isolated and alone.

I'm afraid of being in the unwavering state of mind where I believe that death is preferable to life.

I cannot imagine such a reality.

Peaches said:
I am honestly afraid that there is something in me that makes me unfit to be loved by anyone - and by the way, men don't like my personality (more of a fact, than a fear).
For both reasons, I am quite worried that I will end up completely isolated and alone.

Peaches, I think that you are a lovely person and very sensitive to the feelings of others. Please don't think that you are unlovable.

Largely, I just fear my efforts not paying off. Spending my life doing this or that only to wind up with nothing to show for it, which has been the case with people. If it's not disinterest, it's interest in me as a tool. If not that, then I'm subjected to emotional baggage - as a target, specifically. If not that, then surely it will be something new entirely.

I worry less about things like my education, hobbies, etc, not resulting in anything.

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnny196775 said:
EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto.

Latest posts

Back