what brought me here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrish

Reaction score
So this seems as good a place as any to put this, so, this is my story that I thought I'd share with you all. So, this story starts, last year, in febuary.. When I had a bad injury while I was serving in the uk armed forces that left me unable to stand, I hit the lowst point in my life, I was medicaly discharged from my job, which was more of a way of life for me. And not being able to do the things I love, running and racing was my passion, it was what I lived for, to feel free. I had moved back home because I had to give a permenant address while I was being prosessed, which had its own problems, (envolving my parents, my dad is disabled and both my mum and my dad have bad depression and are very controling and set in there ways.. Which is the easyiest wasy to describe what there like without getting into mental health issues), anyway, I took a part time job in march in retail, which I hate, its so far away from anything I know, but it was a job that I would be standing for 3 or 4 hours a day, which was painful, but just about bearable, then comes the good bit, I was chatting online to cure my boredom on omegle.. I know, not the best place to meet someone lol, but I met a girl, who is a year older than me at 25, we joked about how the site was full of idiots (no offence meant to anyone), and talked for a couple of months as friends. we had gotten incredibly close before I realised that I loved her.. Truly loved here, she was everything I was looking for in a partner, we have all the same loves in live, she's outgoing and can hold her ground in any situation, she's funny, and her smile.. She lights up the room with it and makes me feel so special, fast foward to today and we skype when we can and constantly txt through kik, I'm still going through treatment on my leg but I can now stand for two days working at a garage, although I'm still in pain at the end of the day. I'd have never gotten to this point without her, were taking it one step at a time because we both know how crazy it is, with her living in florida and me in the midlands in england but we both agree on how we feel. And there lies my problem, iv been through so much but I still can't handle my mum and dad, they will think I'm completly crazy when I tell them about her, and they won't understand at all, I really want there support but I know I won't get it, if anyone can relate to this please help me, any advice is appreceated. Ps. Sorry about the grammer and the giant wall of txt, I'm just pouring my emotions onto my phone right now

Hi,
I'm not sure what to sat about your parents - except that you're an adult and fully capable of making your own decisions. Maybe find others who will be more supportive. Are there any other military veterans you can talk to?
Welcome to the forum :)

-Teresa

One one hand I would say that your relationship with your lady is your own and her business alone, and that you are both old enough to make up your own minds on what you are looking for, and it does sound as though you are becoming very close. I wish you all the happiness in the world together, and please don't give her up because of what anyone esle may have to say.
On the other hand, be gentle and understanding towards your parents when you tell them about her. They may well take a negative stance in light of their depression (depressed people see the dark side of everything) and in light of the injuries you recieved, as they will fear you might be hurt again (this time emotionally.)
As time goes on, they will hopefully come to see how happy you are in the relationship and will eventually give it their support, but at first I would say to be prepared for what could be a rocky ride with them.

Thanks for the replys, I know it will be so hard breaking the news, unfortunatly I havnt got anyone to talk to, apart from her. My friends are closly linked to my family so I don't have anyone else to confide in, I just keep putting it off :/

If you need support after breaking the news to your parents, you know we are here to support you. I do hope that their response is more positive than you fear.

Tiina63 said:
If you need support after breaking the news to your parents, you know we are here to support you. I do hope that their response is more positive than you fear.
Thanks :)... I can hear in my mind what my day will say "she lives where.. You must be f***ing mental" its strange because I feel like iv known this girl all my life, I might introduce her through skype lol... That was her idea :), I probably won't, I think I may have to tell my dad first on his own. I'm feeling a little more positive now after last night, we were talking about the distance and she sent me this :) ,

" it really doesn't. and it never will. I will continue to love you and wait for you until this is made right :* <3 I wouldn't for anyone else, but, you hold a very special place in my heart :*"

That's kind of where we are at right now, we've decided not to get ahead of ourselfs.

Wow. I'ld do just about anything to have someone say that to me. You're really blessed.

Grackle said:
Wow. I'ld do just about anything to have someone say that to me. You're really blessed.

Aww, I'm sure you will find someone.. Iv allways said that my luck has a sense of humor lol.. Iv just been hit down to earth a bit today, iv just had an email from the british army rejecting me.. I really can't get any advice anywhere about it though. :/

chrish said:
Grackle said:

Aww, I'm sure you will find someone.. Iv allways said that my luck has a sense of humor lol.. Iv just been hit down to earth a bit today, iv just had an email from the british army rejecting me.. I really can't get any advice anywhere about it though. :/

What does that mean? Just curious. I thought you already were in the military?

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
chrish said:
Grackle said:

What does that mean? Just curious. I thought you already were in the military?

-Teresa

I re applied as soon as I finished my physiotherapy, but I was rejected for medical reasons, I didn't think the were even going to get back to me it had been that long since I filled in the re application forms. Since then iv got no better and I'm currently awaiting an mri scan to find out why I'm not recovering properly. From what iv been told so far the best guess is that iv damaged my maniscus

Latest posts

Back