what do you think about judging others by Religion ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This religion stuff goes straight over my head. *shrugs*

shells said:
This thread is gonna get closeddd. :p

I think someone already called it, though.

I think that was me :p

So i am bigot for expressing my opinion?? i find that ironic. i have not slated anyone for supporting a particular religion, nor have i called out on anyone in particular unlike you have. i think you will find that it is you that is the rude bigot here just some dude.

as far as i am concerned people can worship whoever and whatever they like, it makes zero difference to my life. i am merely stating the facts, millions of people through out history have died in the name of religion and i don't think that it a very good thing. if you do, then you are just as deluded as the rest of the religious zealots.

lol, ok folks...settle down. :p I guess this thread is heading in the wrong direction. But then...it's generally expected with this kind of thread I believe.

all minorities are bad.

is that ok?

i didn't single out any particular segment...:)

stella said:
So i am bigot for expressing my opinion?? i find that ironic. i have not slated anyone for supporting a particular religion, nor have i called out on anyone in particular unlike you have. i think you will find that it is you that is the rude bigot here just some dude.

as far as i am concerned people can worship whoever and whatever they like, it makes zero difference to my life. i am merely stating the facts, millions of people through out history have died in the name of religion and i don't think that it a very good thing. if you do, then you are just as deluded as the rest of the religious zealots.

yep. that's me baby. i'm a religious zealot. i come from the church of 'agnosticism'. oh, and by the way, opinions start with "i believe" or "i think" or even "in my opinion". you didn't state opinions, you stated ignorance as though it was fact.

i'm done here. i was just bored. usually i wouldn't even entertain such ignorance.

Belief in God and hatred for God is the cause of wars and millions of deaths. Everyone is bad.

Punisher said:
Belief in God and hatred for God is the cause of wars and millions of deaths. Everyone is bad.

I'm part of everyone... Am I bad?
swzbsx.jpg

:p

Just_Some_Dude said:
all minorities are bad.

is that ok?

i didn't single out any particular segment...:)

stella said:

yep. that's me baby. i'm a religious zealot. i come from the church of 'agnosticism'. oh, and by the way, opinions start with "i believe" or "i think" or even "in my opinion". you didn't state opinions, you stated ignorance as though it was fact.

i'm done here. i was just bored. usually i wouldn't even entertain such ignorance.

good. go back to your cave of delusion. oh and by the way, my name isn't 'baby' its Stella. :club:

mintymint said:
Punisher said:
mintymint said:
Punisher said:

I'm part of everyone... Am I bad?
swzbsx.jpg

:p

You real bad (hello)

Oh, Mr. President!

:cool: Lol.

Anyway, I meant all kinds of people (religious and non religious) are bad, but I didn't mean every single person.

Now keep it civil, all of you.

(BJD ain't touching this thread with a 10-foot pole*)

*except to tell you that he ain't touching this thread with a 10-foot pole.

Just_Some_Dude said:
VanillaCreme said:
Bull dung indeed. Religion didn't cause judgment. It's a factor for some people. But it didn't start it.

smart girl. you left the "E" out of judgment, that so many people mistakenly add, were you a good speller in school? :D

Lol, I was. Excellent speller indeed. :p

stella said:

While I agree that blood shed from religion isn't a good idea, to those who bled for it, it was. It may be senseless looking at it from an outside point of view, to those who fought for what they believed in, it's not senseless. I'm certain I would fight for what I believe in, religion or otherwise. And while we may not agree with everyone on religion, we should each respect the views and faiths of other people.

Besides, it's none of our business what other people believe in. :p Just worry about you and your own.

Those are pretty much the figures I'd expected to see, Pun.

Religion is a human JUSTIFICATION, it's not often the true CAUSE of war. For example, the Crusades. The Crusades were only ever about religion ON PAPER. The true objective of the Crusades was highly economic.

The Western world (beginning with the Catholic Church) was seeking to expand its influence...and pretty soon all the little lordlings in Europe were tramping along toward the Holy Land, admittedly for "religious" purposes....but in reality? They were looking for wealth and prestige. They only used GOD as a JUSTIFICATION for their mindset and belief that they were ALLOWED to take things from the "barbaric Muslims."

I completely agree with those numbers. Stalin killed as many as 30,000,000 of his own people (during his time as leader of Communist Russia) out of SHEER PARANOIA through his purification and loyalty programs. Hitler drove Germany to stir up WWII, which killed a huge number of people...and WWII was definitely NOT about religion. There are too many more examples to list, but those are the most well-known HUGE numbers of deaths in modern memory.

Besides, it's only in the last TWO centuries that the amount of people on this earth has grown beyond one billion in number. So the amount of people that died for religious causes throughout history are actually quite small compared to today's modern economic wars, catastrophes, and genocides (which are mostly ethnically driven).

Which of the crusades are you referring to?

I seem to recall that originally the first was launched because the Byzantine Empire was asking for help due to the fact that it was under attack. Some of the crusades seem to be a cross between a tragedy and a joke, and yes there were efforts to retake land area that had been captured by Muslim forces.

I'm referring to all of the Crusades as a whole. You're absolutely correct about the First Crusade. If I remember correctly, it wasn't even the Pope (Urban) that began it, either...it was a bishop that first called for a religious tone for the crusade.

The Byzantine Emporer (Alexius I, I think) was actually pretty mad when he learned that nations in Europe weren't going to send a bunch of troops right away to assist the Byzantine Empire....and that the first wave of "troops" to arrive were a mob of ignorant farmers and citizens who had been driven to the Middle East by religious conviction. The huge army of farmers weren't prepared, trained, or equipped, and they mostly ended up being killed really easily by various Muslim armies...and so had little real effect in the overall campaign, aside from being a burden on the Byzantine Empire.

My point was mainly that if you look at the ROOT CAUSES and the actual outcomes of the Crusades (all of them), you find that it's mostly economical and empire-driven, and that religion was largely (if not mostly) used as a justification or a method of recruitment.

Latest posts

Back