What do your parents think of your loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really care what my parents think. However, they probably what's true....that I'm too busy to have a social life and go out and do stuff.
But, they also don't know what I do when I don't have my kids and I'm not working. (which is rare)

I think my parents knows I'm actually really struggling and lonely but their solution is to come back to my hometown. I don't think it will help but pull me back down to nothing again. I like my independence and doing what I want...I do want a better job and its one of the reasons maybe I should start from scratch which my parents do bring up as I'm not earning much here...Parents do know best but I just want to figure things out...'you can't do everything alone' is what they say. They're right but I dont think their solution will make me any more happy unless I could sort out a better job...

My parents know that I don't have any friends and they know how hard it must be to make friends especially since I'm 32 now. Whenever they see me crying and they ask me why, I tell them, "Cause I have no friends in this town." They totally understand and try to cheer me up cause they know I tend to beat myself up about it. I feel pitiful sometimes cause I'm always crying about the same thing.

I don't know, I don't think they understand it. People look at the obvious, which for me is that I'll be a 19 year old junior with financial stability and don't understand why I'm sad. Though, I think some can see it. My roommate for example, he through a party, and his brother, what he was saying to me, I knew he knew, he had to. I had no idea how, we barely knew each other.

my parents don't care at all. they know i have no friends but they don't attempt to make it better by spending time with me or asking how my day was. they only talk to each other and are hiding in their room away from me now. it makes my loneliness worse i guess. they would always do this since i was a child, rather watch tv or spend time with each other instead of play a game with me or talk with me, an only child.

my only revenge will be cutting them off soon and never speaking to them when they are old and decrepit(sp?) in 10-20 years. i don't like the idea of it because then i will have no family but it's my only justice for the way they treat me and talk badly about me. people who have families that cherish them are lucky.

jaguarundi said:
AnonymousMe said:
jaguarundi said:
My mother brought me up telling me how difficult men were, how they were only after one thing, and how horrible my father was.

My father told me he never wanted me, that I was fat\ugly\useless and a drain on his finances.

They didn't like either of my long term partners and my mother in particular hated my first..

Ultimately both in their time told me I was a failure ..in not keeping these relationships....

You have to laugh, you really do!

=(

*hug*

Thanks, sweetie !

Honestly, these days I mostly do laugh. I just wish I had learned to do it years ago. As the poet famously says, 'They fresia you up, your mum and dad..." Etc

That's what I admire about you, Jags. You've gone through some honeysuckle, but you've come out the other end a strong and well-adjusted human being. You don't just sit there and wallow in misery, moaning about your misfortune - you get up and do something about it.

I find you inspirational and this forum needs more of that.

she's mean my mom and doesn't understand anything. Parents sometimes suck, I feel sympathy for those who have it worst. I have it terrible, but I imagine a parent wishing death upon their child somewhere. I mean literally... and my mom atleast is a mom, even if it's a crappy one ;) she's too strong, but worlds least understanding. You can't make them understand, if they refuse to. Don't get me wrong, her good side, makes up for most the bullcrap, she's mean and we've fought, she's "attempted" to kick me out for zero reason. I don't get her.

Reminds me of the relationship with my father, Ex. He's been dead since 2001 but for 40 years he made very clear what contempt he had for me. That disrespect toughened me, but it was all so unnecessary. I couldn't change things then and can't now, but it still bothers me.

My close relatives are worse than me :D bunch of loners
That never stopped my aunt and my uncle and when they were alive my grandparents from thinking that I am some unstable loser, mostly because I don't have social connections who would help with a career, as it was very clear since I was born that career was what what they recommended, not getting married and having a family. My aunt used to have a lot of friends many years ago, but she changed. I always felt judged for my loneliness, and now that you make me think of that always tried to put on a facade, even in primary school.
My mother is in a sense happy that I am lonely so she can have me for herself (glom).

I don't give a Sh*t what my family/fatehr think of my lonliness.... actually, I don't think they really think anything about it....except for maybe my grandmother.... who worries about everything :p

My mother is very understanding about it. If she could afford to live single she would do that. Her boyfriend can't understang why I'm doing that. :D There's one girl who is interested in me, but I keep rejecting her. Guy just can't image, how's that possible, that I don't want "that relashionshipn thing". Called me an idiot.

Latest posts

Back