What has been said to you about your singledom?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ardour said:
I'd take it as a compliment if someone asked if I had a girlfriend, since that assumes it's a possibility for me.
I wouldn't be so sure. It was more like one of those times you ask a question already knowing the answer for whatever reason.

My singledom sucks bad!
I am really disappointed that no girl has even asked me for my ph#.

What peeves me even more is that many of the women in my department where I work, are married, and *sigh*, married to guys with less qualifications than me!

I was hoping to find a future GF or wife at my workplace. I will not even bank on that.

I also joined a match making agency two weeks ago. Forked out $1000. Met two girls so far. Meeting up with another girl this coming weekend.

I hate to say this, but I feel that God is punishing me, or somebody has placed a curse on me to be single for life.

One of my students(elderly well-meaning gent) asked me today if I was winchin', which is a wonderfully old fangled Scottish term mostly meaning dating.

I have this one old guy that lives in one of the retirement homes I visit out along the coast who always asks me if I'll run away with him to Aberdeen.

I've been asked WHY I'm single/not married, which is extremely annoying for me. I usually just shrug or say it's because I'm not interested in dating. What I really want to say is: because I don't date just any man/woman who happens to be attracted to me and who I can MERELY co-exist with for five hours. I want a real relationship, with someone I share a real connection with and certain essential things in common with. I either have someone in my life like that, or I don't. Right now I don't. That's all there is to it. Dating is not a duty or a past time for me.

But out of the people who have asked me why, none of them had the right to know all of that. It's a very intrusive question, in my opinion.

Off-topic: Like, "Why won't you have sex with me?"

Um... for all you know, I might have a vaginal infection, some sexual abuse trauma to work through, be demisexual... common sense should tell you there can be millions of highly personal answers to that question. Just accept that I won't do it.

Volmornu said:
I've been asked WHY I'm single/not married, which is extremely annoying for me. I usually just shrug or say it's because I'm not interested in dating. What I really want to say is: because I don't date just any man/woman who happens to be attracted to me and who I can MERELY co-exist with for five hours. I want a real relationship, with someone I share a real connection with and certain essential things in common with. I either have someone in my life like that, or I don't. Right now I don't. That's all there is to it. Dating is not a duty or a past time for me.

But out of the people who have asked me why, none of them had the right to know all of that. It's a very intrusive question, in my opinion.

Off-topic: Like, "Why won't you have sex with me?"

Um... for all you know, I might have a vaginal infection, some sexual abuse trauma to work through, be demisexual... common sense should tell you there can be millions of highly personal answers to that question. Just accept that I won't do it.

I think the sex question comes about when someone takes it personal that someone doesn't want them in a sexual way. Which is odd to me because people who take that personally often never take into account that the other person might have a personal reason. As if only they are the only ones who could ever take sex personally...

I think both questions, about sex and relationships and/or marriage, are extremely intrusive. I'm beginning not to take kindly to the marriage question myself.

in the last years I get asked ONLY if I have a girlfriend, considering that I am not gay I must be sending out the wrong signals

My singleton is weird.

I like certain parts of being single. But I don't get to have much sex. Some days I go around happy to the night clubs or bars hitting on girls hoping to get laid. Some days I think about having a girlfriend again. It's been a while since Ive had one.

Today after I practiced my scene with my cute scene partner she gave me a hi five. Not a big deal right? It bummed me out a little. I know she has a boyfriend so I friendzoned myself with her. But part of me probably wishes that she was girlfriend or I could have a girlfriend as cool as her? Maybe I am just getting wrapped in the scene. I came home, jerked out, meditated, looked at pics of Zooey Deschanel wishing I was with a girl like that and yelled into my pillow in my room alone. Sad huh?

But I would like to have more women in my life. Something is missing.

I feel like my situation is particularly hard because I am LDS, and most mormons get married young. I hate the idea that a lot seem to have that if you reach a certain age, you should marry just anybody.
One I've heard: You better hurry up before your eggs go bad.

Jade said:

There's so many things that restore my faith in humanity. That is not one of them.

VanillaCreme said:
Jade said:

There's so many things that restore my faith in humanity. That is not one of them.

i 2nd that :(

my 'singledom' is welcomed by family...no more posers...no more cons...just no more...i choose to be single at this stage in my life as it is not a negative in my world...

A lot gets said to me about being single and the most annoying is when they ask me if I'd accept an arranged marriage of some sort. Twice now this has happened. Pfft.

Hauntyoueveryday said:
But I would like to have more women in my life. Something is missing.
This. Although at this point I've more or less accepted that I just don't have the characteristics, in terms of appearance and personality, that most women want. I don't even really have any female friends, I'm just not interesting enough.

ladyforsaken said:
A lot gets said to me about being single and the most annoying is when they ask me if I'd accept an arranged marriage of some sort. Twice now this has happened. Pfft.

don't do it!

Peaches said:
ladyforsaken said:

don't do it!

Oh, never!

ladyforsaken said:

Yeah same here :( even "meetings" were arranged.
It has became intense that it affects me mentally and sometimes have days that cannot perform well at work.

there's a perception that if you haven't received validation from the opposite sex at some point in your life then there's something profoundly wrong with you.

I got asked about it a couple of times when I was younger, but now people just assume I'm single as if it were the natural state for me.

Latest posts

Back