What is loneliness to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, it's that feeling of isolation and detachment so deep that it doesn't go away, regardless of where you go or who you are with.

A mixture of isolation, aloofness and hopelessness. For me, depression and loneliness seem to go hand in hand.

Amthorn said:
To me, it's that feeling of isolation and detachment so deep that it doesn't go away, regardless of where you go or who you are with.

I've never experienced loneliness of that depth. I hope I never do.
I can't say that I understand, but I can say that I'm sorry you experience loneliness like that.

xaero said:
A mixture of isolation, aloofness and hopelessness. For me, depression and loneliness seem to go hand in hand.

That's something I can certainly relate to.

Loneliness for me is much like what amthorn said. Perversely I only feel it when I'm around groups of people. Like at a party.

I imagine it's pretty close to how a ghost might feel.

A constant feeling of overwhelming emptiness. Knowing that there is noone I can rely on. Feeling totally and utterly alone. Feeling afraid all the time.

Being in a society and not be able to be around animals and a bunch of joyful people in a group everyday (+ having a girlfriend that is normal and strong). And yeah, people who don`t believe in free will (a soul), it is so disrespectful. Lack of kindness.

Lonelyness to me coming home from work knowing that you have nothing to do other than the same old routines and not have anybody to talk to other than the immidiate family. And then feeling that hollow empthy void inside alstwhile the negative selfaffirmation starts to creep forth in your mind. All this stemming from feeling so very very alone.

Sorry got rather dark, but thats how i feel agood amount of the time.

The older I get, the more agonizing loneliness is getting. Its a feeling of being unwanted and having been falling into a life of misery home alone forever until you manage to break out some way out of the maze.
Atleast that's what im feeling. God help me please.

Hawx79 said:
The older I get, the more agonizing loneliness is getting. Its a feeling of being unwanted and having been falling into a life of misery home alone forever until you manage to break out some way out of the maze.

yes but just because a woman doesn't want you, it doesn't stop enjoying your life. There is a world out there. You don't necessary need someone else with you.

It is a way of life for me. I can't remember ever not being lonely. I am generally okay with it, though. But sometimes it wears on me.

this invisible wall between me and the others, so that I don't understand them and they don't even see me

Loneliness to me is appreciating the knowledge and ancient wisdom that we are all fragile creatures who are going to age and die, but everybody in the modern world believes they are going to live forever with all the wonderful technologies keeping them safe and comfortable, and the Americans will police the world to keep the bad guys under control so the population can expand forever while the corporations keep everybody pacified and glued to screens that pump BS advertising to them 24/7.

So I'm out of place in this world and therefore lonely.

lonelydoc said:
Loneliness to me is appreciating the knowledge and ancient wisdom that we are all fragile creatures who are going to age and die, but everybody in the modern world believes they are going to live forever with all the wonderful technologies keeping them safe and comfortable, and the Americans will police the world to keep the bad guys under control so the population can expand forever while the corporations keep everybody pacified and glued to screens that pump BS advertising to them 24/7.

So I'm out of place in this world and therefore lonely.

This is the Buddhist lesson of impermanence in a nutshell. You might be surprised how many people agree with you!

Peaches said:
this invisible wall between me and the others, so that I don't understand them and they don't even see me

I see you! Well, not really, but I know you exist and look forward to your posts :)

I suppose it's feeling that I don't belong anywhere. I've become so detached from the world that I don't see how I can ever fit in with those strange, hairless apes. And it's not a good feeling, thinking that you're some sort of freak who will always be alone. People will never understand and I'm not sure that I want them to. But maybe this is a load of crap.

Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:

yes but just because a woman doesn't want you, it doesn't stop enjoying your life. There is a world out there. You don't necessary need someone else with you.

But that woman's love is exactly what I needed as it fills up that big hole in my heart and I noticed for the time being when a woman let know she liked me, I enjoyed all my hobbies more and slept much better as I didn't feel unwanted and alone in this world anymore.

Loneliness usually is the the first thing that says hello when I come back to room...It's like this odd companion who's always around with a vice grip around your chest. It's the worst in the morning I feel like I wake up to nothing and it takes me a while to realise I am going somewhere just that wherever it is, it's only me going there.

Not having someone else to hang out with on a regular basis. Just being alone with no one around you most of the time. I'm a loner and it depresses me.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Not having someone else to hang out with on a regular basis. Just being alone with no one around you most of the time. I'm a loner and it depresses me.

Just making sure you aren't the last person to post here. ;)

I'll be the thread killer thank you very much! :club:

Latest posts

Back