What is one thing you wish your parents could understand?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feelings, I wish they could understand feelings.

I wish my mother could feel the need to protect and nurture her child and have that whole mothering instinct to her offspring.

I wish my father could feel empathy and have self awareness, enough said.

I wish my mother would understand that pencils kept in a small container aren't messing up the whole house, it's not okay to stomp on musical instruments because she didn't get her way, water has no calories, and my desire to get a power of attorney before her mind gets any foggier is actually a pretty good idea.

That being a parent, more often than not, means sacrificing your own happiness for the sake of your child.

That carelessness can be as damaging as abuse.

That it's not possible to frequently call a child ugly and stupid and expect it to be ok

That my self-mutilating isn't an attack on them, and whenever they see new evidence of it sighing and saying "what have you done now?" doesn't help me at all.

That i'm at a point in my life where they need to stop trying to get me to think in the same manner as them. I'm allowed to have my own opinions, you aren't right about everything.

I don't mind if they being rude or literal all the time i just want them both always be happy and good.
i pray for them there is nothing else except pray. i'm a bit religious.

How much i love em eventhough i dont put them out in words.. I wish my dad was here.. I wish he got to hold my hand as i walked thru life.. I wish my mum understands that all my life i wanted her to tell me how proud i made her feel in words instead of giving me that understanding smile. I wish my mum understood how much i yearn her to hug me when i do something good.. :)
All i want my parents to know overall that i love them and thank them for everything they gave me and bringing me to life.. :)

Latest posts

Back