What is your passion?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostatsea

Reaction score
Someone asked me this, and I didn't have an answer. It really bothered me. I mean what would make you really happy? I don't mean a person/relationship, that's deriving happiness from another person. I mean an interest, that you yourself have. It could be music, art, cooking, sports, cars, etc.

I think a large part of why I'm lonely is that I have nothing I'm passionate about.

I don't have an answer either. I like the quote by Albert Einstein, ""I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

I like experiencing stories and music that makes me think. I like questioning and thinking about the universe, what's potentially out there, and things that haven't been discovered yet. I can't really do anything with that to get me anywhere in life. So I continue to just drift thinking about these things.

I used to have a passion for writing. But I'm not so sure about now though. Cooking & baking, maybe?

My passion is painting and making model figurines. The kind you get at Games Workshop etc. I like to make them from scratch(nothing). Actually they are made of paper clips and modelling clay...not nothing. That would be silly.

here's an example. It's Richie and Eddie from BOTTOM. Anyone a fan?

bottom_scratch_by_albatrash-d72dz00.jpg

My passion is music without a doubt... Like to play all sorts of genre of music on my acoustic/electric guitars and can't resist to hum or sing a good melody that takes my fancy.

ShybutHi said:
My passion is music without a doubt... Like to play all sorts of genre of music on my acoustic/electric guitars and can't resist to hum or sing a good melody that takes my fancy.

Are you sure you're not related to Gianni Luminati?

ladyforsaken said:
ShybutHi said:

Pretty sure yes. :p

ShybutHi said:
ladyforsaken said:
ShybutHi said:

Pretty sure yes. :p

:D

My passion is learning.... For its own sake, stuff that interests me, not just the qualifications I got for work .. Currently I am studying Jazz aAppreciation with the university of Texas via edx.org. A fantastic organisation which provides all this for FREE!!! I can now tell the hard bop era from bebop .. who knew I would be able to do that.

music! making movies, design, creation, learning, strange art, writing, psychology?
people! people and their stories
animals
global warming
Ideas, some cultural movements
food! I could go on…

I guess I am easily passionate

I dont know if this counts, but if anything is my passion, this would be it.
I like to peek into the depths of human mind... This sounds creepy:) And it is, but not that much:D

I take great deal of interest in the thought process of other people, in the history of theirs, in the dreams and fears that they have, and secrects they store. I often get accused of not talking about myself while already knowing much about the other person.

I dont know why is this what interests me, but it does. Of course, it comes with a whole load of negative effects. So its not really for the good when I do it, but in some ways it is like an addiction, the fascination with things I was talking about.

But yeah, this is my weirdo passion:)

Mr.YellowCat said:
I like to peek into the depths of human mind... This sounds creepy:) And it is, but not that much:D

I take great deal of interest in the thought process of other people, in the history of theirs, in the dreams and fears that they have, and secrects they store. I often get accused of not talking about myself while already knowing much about the other person.

I dont know why is this what interests me, but it does. Of course, it comes with a whole load of negative effects. So its not really for the good when I do it, but in some ways it is like an addiction, the fascination with things I was talking about.

The human mind is a fascinating thing. Areas of psychology that I find very interesting include severe mental illness, eccentrics and savants. I like to relate psychology to music with regards to learning music theory and instruments and I have techniques to try and help people learn them at an accelerated pace. :)
Every mind is 100% unique, incredibly complex and especially so in the types I mentioned.
Would of loved to of met Kim Peek, among many others... What an incredible mind that man had!

ShybutHi said:
Mr.YellowCat said:

The human mind is a fascinating thing. Areas of psychology that I find very interesting include severe mental illness, eccentrics and savants. I like to relate psychology to music with regards to learning music theory and instruments and I have techniques to try and help people learn them at an accelerated pace. :)
Every mind is 100% unique, incredibly complex and especially so in the types I mentioned.
Would of loved to of met Kim Peek, among many others... What an incredible mind that man had!

I on the other hand rather enjoy "normal" people, for some reason. But of course, even people that may be labeled "weirdos" (meant in a good way) are fascinating.
Unlike you, I have little to no knowledge about psychology, even if I find it interesting as well. Maybe that is where we differ.

But thank you for the reply:) Have a nice day:)

It used to be JRPG gaming, but the fascination has worn off over the last few years. Mechanical Watches, except I don't want to spend a lot of money on collecting them. Sad guy stuff, basically.

I'm taking scuba diving lessons soon, who knows maybe that will become a passion.

Latest posts

Back