What Kind Of Lonely Are You?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I hope this thread finds you all well.:)

My type of loneliness isn't the kind without nobody around. It's the kind of loneliness from not having any kind of meaningful conversation with the ones I live with. I live with my father, mother, and grandmother. They aren't into video games, chess, computers, nothing. So we really don't talk too much about my interests. Can get pretty lonely for me a lot.

What about you guys? What type of loneliness do you have?

Godspeed.
-LK

Because I hate stupid people and am currently living amongst many.

I know it sounds arrogant but it's for real.

My loneliness stems from not having any romantic relationships.

I have friends, and I have family to talk to. What I don't have, however, is someone to hold at night.

Pathetic, but true.

I have one person, live with and speak regularly to, and can have good conversations with, and who is my "partner", so that sort of sense.. I am not completely lonely.
But otherwise there is no one, no friends or family or anything, or people with to say "hello" to and such like that. To "connect" or bond with any other people, it is very difficult. To be around other people, it is very difficult. I can not understand most people very well. People need to be very patient with me for that, but only there is one such person willing, and so that is the sort of lonely I have.

I have the kind of lonely where the more people I'm around, the lonelier I feel...I constantly feel like I speak a foreign language anywhere I encounter people...I feel better when I'm alone...

i'm the kind of lonely where no one really listens to you or cares about you and you feel unaprecciated in everything that you do, YET your heart is big enough not to care.

In the past I always tried and go unnoticed, and that was exactly what happened - now I meet with joy a lot of new people most of the time, but very seldom find someone whose heart can connect with mine

SophiaGrace said:
LoneKiller said:
SophiaGrace said:
Hi Sophia.:)
I'm not sure why you posted the link. They're two different topics aren't they?

I thought it was the same question, and thought the more answers you had the better. You might find some interesting responses in that link i posted. stuff to think about.

That was a great thread. The question is very simple, and the answer so complex...

I guess I'm the kind of loner who has a few friends but feels lonely because I don't see them often and this days I don't see them much. I'm hurt by what I feel is betrayal from the ppl who I valued as friends... The reson I had to keep distance or terminate friendships... The kind of loner who has divorced parents but luckly they are good persons and we get along well... The kind of loner who suffers and struggles with social interaction but still doesn't give up and keeps trying, probably not hard enough, but keeps working with his therapist and by himself.

Ak5 said:
Kind of lonely where I have no friends and no-one to talk to.

I'm sure you'll get some friends this year ;)

Kisame said:
The kind where no one around me understands my feelings,and my pain

I'm so used to no one understanding me I don't even care anymore, I just want people to hang out and go out to do whatever social 'normal' people do...

LoneKiller said:
Hi everyone. I hope this thread finds you all well.:)

My type of loneliness isn't the kind without nobody around.

-LK

Same here, LoneKiller. I feel like I am at my loneliest when I am out with a few friends or with family members. Maybe because I don't share how I really feel with anyone, they think im ok, then when I sink into a quiet, depressed state, it goes unnoticed or I try to hide it behind jokes or smiles. I feel trapped.

I'm the type of lonely that has real difficulty letting people in to my life in any meaningful way. I can small talk with anyone, am well liked by my bosses and colleagues at every job I've had, yet I always close down the shutters if anyone tries to get closer than that.

It's not that I don't want close relationships with people, I feel that is the main cause of my loneliness, but something in my head stops me from progressing things. Even the few friends I do have, I tend to keep distant but over time they have learnt that I do care, I'm just really bad at showing it.

Most likely all stems from a severe self loathing, I force myself to be alone as I feel I am unworthy of anyones time. It seems several people on here feel alone because they have a problem with the people around them, whereas my problem is myself.

I'm the type where I want to let people in, I just have a very hard time letting them in. (Trust issues stemming from being betrayed by a close group of friends)

I'm also alone because when I'm around people, I feel like I might say something stupid and look like an idiot. So, I usually don't say much at all. (Other people perceive that I'm shy, boring and unimportant) When I have joined in on the conversation at hand, I've gotten some negative comments, nasty looks from people. Then again, sometimes when I haven't commented on the conversation I've gotten the same reaction.

I know that these negative people are not friends, but when the other people don't say anything and they are suppose to be your friends what do you do? You stay away from the entire group and be alone.

Sometimes, being alone is better. You don't get hurt and you stay more positive. However, at times I miss having friends where you can just be yourself and not worry.

Sorry for the long rant.... :(

I'm lonely because I don't know anybody, don't have any friends. I live with my parents and we have a good relationship but I am 22 years old, I need interaction with other people my age, I need friends. Even online I have no-one to talk to! My phone sits completely beepless day after day. I'm wondering why I even own one!

I'm the kind of lonely who spends most of his week completely isolated from the rest of the world, save for the internet. The only folks I meet and talk to are my older brother and my mother. I do pop by the store for some food, of course, but I never really talk to anyone, aside from some unfulfilling short banter with the cashier once in a while.

Latest posts

Back