what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beautiful loser said:
Rodent said:
beautiful loser said:
v33vab.jpg

That's a blast from the past. A good one though. Seen it 3-4 years ago...

One of my favorite films. I just had to watch it again, since it's been a couple of years.

There is a chinese remake, sort of, called "Beijing Bicycle." It's not too bad, definitely worth a view.

Sounds noteworthy. I'll check it out when I get the chance.

MV5BMjIwMTgwNzU2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjEyNjQxMTE@._V1__SX1217_SY811_.jpg

Boyhood_film.jpg

Interestingly enough, the gimmick where director Richard Linklater took 12 years to shoot scenes in the film so that he could show a real boy actor slowly aging through adolescence into a real young man, actually becomes less of a gimmick as it seeps into the background while you get to know these characters and their journey through life.

"Boyhood" is an uncommon film that takes the breath away and stirs the emotions of anyone who has made it into this morass of life that we call adulthood.

beautiful loser said:
Rodent said:

Good movie. Fuckin' Hopper.
I never expected so hear to many fucks in the German(!) synchronization of an 80s movie...

How did you like 'Das Experiment'? One of the few movies made by my fellow countrymen that I enjoyed.

Rodent said:
beautiful loser said:
Rodent said:

Good movie. Fuckin' Hopper.
I never expected so hear to many fucks in the German(!) synchronization of an 80s movie...

How did you like 'Das Experiment'? One of the few movies made by my fellow countrymen that I enjoyed.

I thought it was pretty good. I wanted to see it because of the references to the Stanford prison experiment.

There are several German films that I have enjoyed - M (my favorite German film), Metropolis, The Counterfeiters, Run Lola Run, Das Boot and Downfall.

On my list of future films - The White Ribbon, The Lives of Others, Funny Games and Benny's Video.

The Lives of Others (2006)

2qk7cif.jpg

i1yx6u.jpg

5be52p.jpg

You know you're running out of horror when you turn to this. Those were the most annoying characters I've ever seen in film. They paired an oversexed manic pixie dream girl having a mental breakdown with a spineless idiot who simpered after her constantly like a lost, wretched dog. The fights were like listening to the worst back-and-forth ever found on the Myspace websites of 13-year-olds, over and over again throughout the film.

I was so disappointed they didn't both die. Just so disappointed.

Latest posts

Back