what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35btfsm.jpg

smokin' aces 2: assassins ball

not as good as the first smokin' aces, but actually pretty good nonetheless.

the transporter 3. not quite as ridiculous as some of the things that happened in the transporter 2. it was ok at best though. the redhead ukranian girl with the freckles was really hot though.

I watched Inception earlier this week. It's a well-done movie but for some reason I didn't find it as compelling as other people did.

sounds interesting

Tideland

I have seen a lot of weird movies, but this is the craziest thing I've ever seen

It's the story of this mentally ill little girl that talks to babydoll heads on the end of her fingers. After her mom dies of an overdose she and her father go to this abandoned, rundown farmhouse. He soon dies of an overdose and his body just sits there and rots. She gets in his lap and talks to him sometimes.

She just lives in a fantasy world, where the squirrels talk to her and her barbie doll heads fight with each other. She meets a severely mentally retarded boy and befriends him and his seriously crazy sister. They use taxidermy on the dead dad and include him into their daily adventures. Everything end when the boy blows up a train and there is a huge crash scene, and the little girl gets rescued by normal people. How uplifting :)

Tideland.jpg

Julien Donkey Boy

Here is one synopsis I found online...

Ewen Bremner is almost scarily convincing as the schizophrenic Julian, who struggles to find his place in the world and in his own family. Having impregnated his sister Pearl (Chloe Sevigny), Julien spends most of his days with the less fortunate in life. In the opening scene he kills a child, but there is no other mention of this in the film. Julien’s universe is populated by armless drummers, people with various visual impairments and albinos. Together they provide a world where he can feel at home. When around his friends, Julian is calm and responsible. It is mostly when he is alone with his own thoughts or with his family that the schizophrenia really shows. His dominant and impatient father (played superbly by Werner Herzog) is to blame for much of Julian’s behaviour. Without support and by constantly being subjected to criticism, Julien retreats to his own room, playing out role games with himself, where he can be in control of the situation. One involves Julian as King Julian, hanging out with Adolf Hitler and warning Adolf from showing his identity to the rest of the family, as they might not approve of Julian dealing with known nazis. While scenes like these are often very funny, they are delicately executed and at the same time very moving. Julien's sister Pearl is the only one that understands him in the family, and she plays along with his games, by phoning him and pretending to be their dead mother etc. However, their relationship is far more complex than just a simple-brother relationship, and although we're never explicitly told, we know that Julien is the father of Pearl's child. Julien's brother Chris wants to become a professional wrestler, something their dominant father supports and tries to stop at the same time. Subjecting Chris to various cruel treatments to improve his skills, the insults are never far away. The father is an extremely complex character, still in mourning of his dead wife. When he's is not dishing out insults or trying to discipline (actually, he gets other family members to do the disciplining) he wears gas masks and tries to get high by consuming various types of medications. And finally there's the grandmother (played by Joyce Korine, Harmony's own grandmother), an old woman who spends most of the film looking confused or playing with the family dog, Punky. So, all in all, your standard American family then? Well, not really, but while the characters might seem extreme in print, they are treated with utmost respect by Korine and like in Gummo, he manages to make the surreal seem real.

The Prince of Thieves, I think was the last one I saw. It was really good! lol I wanna see Inception.

The last movie I saw was Running With Scissors (2006) really weird movie, and it was based on true story.

The guy who the story is about is the brother of John Elder Robison, who wrote the book Look Me In The Eye and he has Asperger's (autism). I also have him on my The Facebook, but not the other guy. I tried looking for him but couldn't find him.

I recently got the book Running With Scissor's and my sister says it a very graphic book. I didn't read it yet.

I watched Eclipse for the 4th time, today. Saw it in the theater twice last month. :sparkles:

Why did I like this movie ? You though I liked weird movies !

For this exiciting answer and more continue to read on, I implore you. This which I had easily copied and pasted from my profile and thought maybe someone else hated Andy Warhol as much as me and cared to read on.

A Note on Film

I believe in art. And I don't mean Andy Warhol videotaping himself sleeping for 12 hours. I've always hated Andy Warhol but ironically I used to go to his museum at least once a month because I litterally walked past it everyday and there were mostly other artists exibits I really wanted to see. Basquiat was usually featured because he was Warhols protege. I hate Basquiat too :(

I am speaking mainly of the films of Harmony Korine, John Waters, and Russ Meyer.

In these three filmakers movies there is an idea of beauty found in uglieness. Here are a few examples. In Female Trouble a criminal becomes the muse to photographers that find beauty in her crime. Acid scars make her more beautiful, and she shoots-up eyeliner. Before you get too excited IT IS A COMEDY. Most of the scenes are bizzare and it is extremely overacted. The other example is in Julien Donkey Boy. In once scene, a severely schitzophrenic boy talks to himself about a fantasy world where he is King Julien and he is friends with both Hitler and God. That whole film is a clusterfuck.

One last thing

I did say I believe in beautiful filth, not pure trash. There has to be a beauty even though it may seem like trash. Like a welfare check blowing in the wind. I do also like surreal movies and am a fan of Fellini, David Lynch, and Terry Gilliam ( except for Monty Python.That's just wretched ). There are also many independent and foreign movies that I like. I also like some better known movies. But don't ask me about Avatar. I've never seen it.

lol, i accidentally posted what i was listening to last night in the wrong thread. it was supposed to go into the what are you listening to thread.

i wasn't even thinking about movies, but had a pink floyd cd on and Yet Another Movie just happened to be on so i looked it up to post it, and it ended up here in the movie thread on accident. i guess it sort of fits? lol

hi eris, i thought what you wrote was pretty interesting. i've thought about getting into movie/film making at times. i've written down alot of ideas, most of it is in my head tho. i'm not sure if i really feel up to doing it tho, but think about it every now and then. right now, i'm sort of disenamored with everything other than the thought of travelling.

are you into movie/film production?

I tried watching Julien Donkey Boy but couldn't watch it. I'd got it from a DVD mail rental place and it just didn't really fit my mood at the time so had to send it back. I've seen Mister Lonely though, that's alright. You seen The Idiots?

I've seen bits of Avatar and it's really boring. Hideously boring, it's just a film for those idiots that know nothing about film and story telling and rate movies on how good they look. It's really not worth the hype it got, yeah it looks good but so do a lot of children's picture books. I don't read them just because they got pretty pictures...

the last movie i saw was salt...........it was aight.

inception was good though.

i still need to see toy story 3 man..

Latest posts

Back