What's The Most Annoying Monster(s) In Any RPG You Have Played?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
This is an easy choice for me. Lol

"Malboro"

malboro7.jpg

Been a long time since I played that style of game, but I remember those things. There's a boss in FF9 I think...the one with the gunsblade anyway, wears black, but I've never beaten the final boss fight. Drove me nuts with that thing.

LoneKiller said:

"Malboro"

malboro7.jpg
Lmao that LOOKS annoyng
dnt do rpgs but a lot of annoyng chars in games i have playd
y does it seem like the most annoyng chars?
nevr have eyes
:club:

Flying "Cliff Racers" in Morrowind. Basically like mini dragon-things.

The spawn timer on them was far too low (even the devs acknowledged it), so you basically got attacked by these things every few seconds. Walking anywhere in the mountainous areas was a real pain in the butt because you had to stop every few steps to kill one of the **** things.

You'd literally end up just leaving their corpses everywhere. They also had an annoying ability to give you diseases when they hurt you, making them even more irritating :rolleyes:

Malboro were really annoying too!

Also, I don't like Wyverns in Terraria. They fly really fast, can move right through walls, they have 4000 hp, they can kill a top tier character in 4 hits and don't make any noise to signal they're about to attack. Very irritating enemy!

What's really annoying is the other players in the MMO I play. I don't normally play the Legends PVP or Arena PVP, there are certain groups notorious for hacking and cheating. I stick to the world PVP events, they can't cheat as easily in those for some reason. It's a more level playing field and will get their asses handed to them.

Most annoying enemy? Anything in a top-down SHMUP game where the boss target launches an unending wave of quarter-munching bullet curtains you can't deflect, dodge, or weave in and out of.

Culex wasn't annoying, he was a challenge. :p

As for me? I guess those autoregen bosses who have some appendages that need to be eliminated before you can start pummeling them (or they are automatically healed by them), and respawn these said minihelpers every two rounds or so. Oh, and naturally, attacking the big bad straight on also triggers some sort of powerful counterattack.

I agree 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000% and the noise they made were most irritating as well.

TheSolitaryMan said:
Flying "Cliff Racers" in Morrowind. Basically like mini dragon-things.

The spawn timer on them was far too low (even the devs acknowledged it), so you basically got attacked by these things every few seconds. Walking anywhere in the mountainous areas was a real pain in the butt because you had to stop every few steps to kill one of the **** things.

You'd literally end up just leaving their corpses everywhere. They also had an annoying ability to give you diseases when they hurt you, making them even more irritating :rolleyes:

Chasm said:
LoneKiller said:

"Malboro"

malboro7.jpg
Lmao that LOOKS annoyng
dnt do rpgs but a lot of annoyng chars in games i have playd
y does it seem like the most annoyng chars?
nevr have eyes
:club:
They have an ability called "Sour Breath" or "Bad Breath" depending on what "Final Fantasy" you are playing. that inflicts the entire party with every status altering attack you can imagine. Bastards!!:p

LoneKiller said:

"Malboro"

malboro7.jpg

Is this Marlboro from FF6 ?

I guess none of you know Phantasy Star 1, or will remember it, but back in the days, I was a great Phantasy Star fan, and the very first game, the Sega Master System very first original game, had these Zombies at some point. You'd get them each 1-2 seconds, and there would always be like 3 or 4 of them, sometimes more, and they would take forever to make their attack. The first time it's cute, but when you're at the 200th battle, just trying to get a piece of armor, and have to wait the **** long zombie dance for each attack of each zombie, and meet them at each few steps in a dungeon, it can test someone's patience.

Else, I guess I hate any instant-kill monster in any no-save games. You know? When one little insignificant bad guy just annihilates the last few hours of your life.

Arsenic Queen said:
LoneKiller said:

"Malboro"

malboro7.jpg

Is this Marlboro from FF6 ?

I guess none of you know Phantasy Star 1, or will remember it, but back in the days, I was a great Phantasy Star fan, and the very first game, the Sega Master System very first original game, had these Zombies at some point. You'd get them each 1-2 seconds, and there would always be like 3 or 4 of them, sometimes more, and they would take forever to make their attack. The first time it's cute, but when you're at the 200th battle, just trying to get a piece of armor, and have to wait the **** long zombie dance for each attack of each zombie, and meet them at each few steps in a dungeon, it can test someone's patience.

Else, I guess I hate any instant-kill monster in any no-save games. You know? When one little insignificant bad guy just annihilates the last few hours of your life.
7 I believe. You can see a bit of "Cait Sith"
on the left.

Arsenic Queen said:
I was a great Phantasy Star fan, and the very first game, the Sega Master System very first original game, had these Zombies at some point. You'd get them each 1-2 seconds, and there would always be like 3 or 4 of them, sometimes more, and they would take forever to make their attack.

Were they the ones that drooled and did some wired vogue-like shoulder shuffle?

Looking back now, the "Emerald Weapon" from "FF VII" wasn't exactly an easy win. What an ******* he was. Oh well, that's why the good Lord created "Knights Of The Round", "Mime Materia" and "W-Summon" Materia.:D

Lost Drifter said:
Arsenic Queen said:
I was a great Phantasy Star fan, and the very first game, the Sega Master System very first original game, had these Zombies at some point. You'd get them each 1-2 seconds, and there would always be like 3 or 4 of them, sometimes more, and they would take forever to make their attack.

Were they the ones that drooled and did some wired vogue-like shoulder shuffle?
Yup, Vogue-like? I always thought they were kinda like Michael Jackson Thriller stuff, but alot more annoying with Phantasy Star's super-high monster-encounter rates. :p

Tekken 6 on campaign mode, the nightmare train level. I have never been so annoyed before in my many years of gaming. The monsters surround you in a crowd. Imagine 20 monsters circling you and you have to fight them all by yourself because your partner (cpu) is too weak and dies right away. After she dies another 20 monster come out and sodomize me to death. I spent a good 3 or 4 days of playing this one level for around 6 hours and finally gave up. At the end of the day they made a level that is impossible to beat and it's a waste of time trying.

Latest posts

Back