Whats your biggest mistake of your life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mistake or accident? I pee'd in my bed 3 weeks ago although I have no idea why.
Biggest mistake, hum. Probably letting me be bullied. I wouldn't be who I was if I had stood up for myself.

It's not something I like to think about...And these days I see myself screwing up somewhat like the way my father did.

But the worst mistake of my life would have to be my choice for a major when I was in college. It was one of those academic ones that can only be used for teaching--if you get a master's degree, since it is only taught at the university level. Basically I slogged through my years of education & racked up debt for a useless B.A. That's why whenever I meet some younger person who's just starting college & has yet to choose a major, I always tell him/her to major in something that you will get paid to use after you graduate. You pick the wrong major & you'll end up taking a bunch of dead-end jobs, one after another, & knowing you could've done better.

Sci-Fi said:
Getting to close to people who just end up letting me down in the end.

^^^ yes to this, and let me add to it: Then allowing it to affect my sense of self-esteem and plunge me into a depression death spiral.

paresh3d said:
tell your biggest mistake of your life.. and did u tried to over come it successfully...

Not truly opening up to women.

I will probably look back one day and feel that I missed a few chances at love. It's not always intentional, but yeah...

HGwells said:
Mistake or accident? I pee'd in my bed 3 weeks ago although I have no idea why.
Biggest mistake, hum. Probably letting me be bullied. I wouldn't be who I was if I had stood up for myself.

It's not that easy though. I've matured a lot since my schooldays, but if I were to see any of my bullies today I would probably feel uncomfortable.

Keeping to myself as a teen, probably. I mean I would socialize with some folks at school, but largely kept to myself otherwise. Not sure why I did that. Used to hurt myself too then. Don't know why that was either. I know I was angry about moving when my parents separated and I was shy, but why it affected me so strongly that I would think of suicide is just a mystery. There was a bit of bullying, too. So maybe those all just hit me together and I retreated into myself. As a result, I missed out on a lot of chances for friendship and relationships from lack of confidence, fear of rejection, and just a general inability to think positively. Still fighting my way out of that mindset.

Sending this woman a valentines day card because I thought she sent me one.
17 years ago.

My biggest regret is trusting the people who at the end brought me down. And to give the best of me to people who didn't even deserved a word of kindness . :(

I've made relationship mistakes but the biggest mistake I ever made was buying a condo here in California 13 years ago. I'm not able to sell that dang property now because it's value hasn't fully recovered after the housing crash. It's an albatross around my neck.
It turns out CA real estate has a boom and bust cycle every 10 years or so - I think it started with the Gold Rush and just went downhill after there! :)

-Teresa

Not making the most of my teenage years, not making more of an effort to build a social network and not taking more social risks.

Not going to school, I was to eager to get out and make money I didn't think long term. Now I'm stuck in this dead end labour job that I hate and I will never have a career I love because of the poor decisions I've made.

Getting married at 19, stupid, stupid girl. I had no idea what life was or what I thought love was..Live and Learn though..Bright Blessings..^.^

Latest posts

Back