When and How to say 'No'

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good read. I liked that yes-no-yes thing. I learned a similar thing back a while ago as presenting bad news by sugar-coating it between pleasantries so it's positive-negative-positive, it seems like it takes some of the "sting" from that you're telling the other person something they wouldn't like to hear.

I’ve always followed the advice of Zammo and the Grange Hill gang myself...

[youtube]jCLs0jv_Efk[/youtube]

zammo.jpg

perfanoff said:
Good read. I liked that yes-no-yes thing. I learned a similar thing back a while ago as presenting bad news by sugar-coating it between pleasantries so it's positive-negative-positive, it seems like it takes some of the "sting" from that you're telling the other person something they wouldn't like to hear.

Thanks Perfanoff. Yeah...breaking a bad news is another tough thing to do. Most people just don't know the art of delivering a bad news to someone. Its another important issue that should be discussed.

LoneKiller said:

Yes-No-Yes :p

So, Mr. Anderson, I have some good news It's a healthy baby boy! Also, you have AIDS and I just saved 50% off my car insurance by switching to geico.

The hardest situations to say 'no' are when someone pushes a charity collection box in your face on the high street.

monkeysocks said:
The hardest situations to say 'no' are when someone pushes a charity collection box in your face on the high street.

I remember I walked into a public library once and there were some elderly women running a fundraiser out front. As I passed them one of them said "You're ignoring us."

IgnoredOne said:
Badjedidude said:
Just say, "no" all the time.

No.

No.

Tealeaf said:
monkeysocks said:

I remember I walked into a public library once and there were some elderly women running a fundraiser out front. As I passed them one of them said "You're ignoring us."

IgnoredOne said:
Badjedidude said:
Just say, "no" all the time.

No.

No.

Thats bad, if someone said that to me I would have gone back and said

'actually I was going for change, but as you have been so rude I won't bother'.

So agree with Badjedidude on that occasion and said 'NO'

Latest posts

Back