When you're down, what music do you prefer?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyFaces_EmptyEyes

Reaction score
When you’re down and depressed, sad, lonely, whatever, what music do you like/listen to?

Do you prefer music that lifts you back up, heavy stuff, or what?

When I’m down and stuff, I love Korn, Staind and Killswitch Engage (but only with Howard).

So, anyone else?

it depends...how im feeling, what Im feeling and why Im down.
And where Im at in the process of whatever Im going through.
It also depends on what I have plan for the next couple of hours.

A lot of times when Im depressed...i'll actaully listen to
piano music or sort of new age music...
Music without words. Its kind of soothing for me.
I love this song
[youtube]Z6OtULRxcRo[/youtube]

If Im thinking of someone. Something like this..cuz of the lyrics
[youtube]hILaSCPC8MI[/youtube]

Sometimes something like this.LOL
[youtube]sFayjXLaW88[/youtube]

Sometimes something like this....its really sad cuase i feel like that sometimes. But its a beautiful song
[youtube]8v_4O44sfjM[/youtube]

Porcupine Tree, Genesis, Radiohead, Dream Theater, King Crimson, Yes, Rush, Keane are some of my favorites.

All great, I love Evanescence as well, My favorite is 'My Immortal', Amy Lee has an amazing voice.. no matter what I feel, I always turn to metal. I might dive into a Lil Jon song every now and then though, only hip-hop/rap/whatever person I like.

One of my favs from Korn;
[video=youtube]
Another great one;
[video=youtube]

My fav KSE song;
[video=youtube]
Second;
[video=youtube]

My Immortal;
[video=youtube]
This is also a great one with Amy Lee;
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9UdjDi5_Aw&feature=related[/video]

I have to listen to happy music or songs that are encouraging when I feel down. Same for if I'm feeling upset/annoyed.. calm stuff. Heavy metal for instance is something that makes me even angrier, so I avoid that. lol

[video=youtube]
Okiedokes said:
[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

I have to listen to happy music or songs that are encouraging when I feel down. Same for if I'm feeling upset/annoyed.. calm stuff. Heavy metal for instance is something that makes me even angrier, so I avoid that. lol

Lol, i don’t think I even own any 'happy' songs.. The only non-metal/non-depressing song I have is Scalliwag by Gaelic Storm lol..

[video=youtube]

Lol, yup. IDK, it seems like when im really down and such, listening to a happy song makes me more angry, cause im like 'why am i listening to this? im not happy, im angry and sad!' The heavier metal songs seem to kinda help me pound out that agression and such, headbang away all the stress and anger lol..

Ak5 said:
[video=youtube]

Sometimes I'd listen to 'happy tunes' like dat one.

But if I feel sad / melancholic I'd listen to some goth....

[video=youtube]

maks me feel understood.

Yeah and metal/punk if I'm mad!! :p

Music from 1920's and 1930's.. even blues from then, always it cheers me up a bit

I prefer to turn on the most brutal, most sadistic and hate-filled metal I can find.

I submerge myself in the heaviest, bile-filled vitriol spat from gullets raw from gargling whiskey and broken glass.

I descend to a realm of sonic hatred blacker than the blackest black blackness times infinity.

After that I usually feel much better!

ajdass1 said:
I prefer to turn on the most brutal, most sadistic and hate-filled metal I can find.

I submerge myself in the heaviest, bile-filled vitriol spat from gullets raw from gargling whiskey and broken glass.

I descend to a realm of sonic hatred blacker than the blackest black blackness times infinity.

After that I usually feel much better!

Good to know I’m not the only one lol. Though, the heaviest I can go is Killswitch Engage. Anything heavier and I become confused and disoriented lol.

[YOUTUBE]EsLsr-ftP6E[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]fAucgfhiFow[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]j4rWzXzzl8w[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]qmgfLI1NBe8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]LFWcC0efTNA[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]cwqhdRs4jyA&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

I love listening to the Book of Mormon soundtrack lately. It's hilarious and I love it!

I also like listening to Blondie and Kanye West when I'm down. Never fails!

Must say, I like downbeat stuff when I'm down..

Bit of classic pumpkins

This one is beautiful but its got a seriously sad vibe from crystal castles

Latest posts

Back