Who else is poor at parking in busy parking lots?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForeverVirile

Reaction score
I've never been able to park worth a crap, especially in busy parking lots where I'm forced between two cars. This wave of anxiety overcomes me and I feel like passing out. I usually try my best to park where there are no cars around in parking lots to avoid this quandary. I enjoy the walking, actually. But it's tough having a mother that's nearly 62 with debilitating arthritis in her knees to the point where she can't get around as well as she used to.

Why did I place this in the social problems subforum? Because I see this as very much a social problem. Not the worst thing in the world, but this has brought up issues with people that I've driven in the car with in the past. My two closest friends don't mind this at all, and they understand, but I remember, most recently, being on a date with this girl who said to me, "Why didn't you get that parking spot? It was open!" with almost sheer disgust in her voice. I know that sounds comical, but I felt overwhelmed. So I guess that's where I validate putting this thread into this subforum.

Oh, and to make matters worse, I just drive a 2012 Nissan Versa (sedan). With a car like that, things should be easy. I don't know how some people park their colossal trucks or minivans so easily.

You might say, "Well, FV, practice with cones!" I did, before, but I'm just pretty bad at turning into a spot, which is why I have to back up and pull forward 3-5 times to get into the spot correctly. It's an annoying flaw.

Who else is bad at parking?

Care to share any awful parking experiences? :p

I used to be pretty bad at parking, and I can relate to what you said, I would park at the quietest part of the car park , or if it was super busy, find somewhere quiet close by and walk.

But then I moved to somewhere where if you wanted to park near your home and I needed to at the time, you had to be good at parking in tight spots and fast, that taught me, took me a while of driving around the block to wait for the traffic to clear so I could take my time, but now I can do it quite fast!

Not sure that helps lol!

Haven't had any yet, probably because I avoid parallel parking, that I never liked doing. I think I do pretty good at parking, I often freak my brother out when I slide into a parking spot, who isn't as good at parking, he's taken a few curbs.

Yep, I have the same problem. I can't parallel park either, and have difficulty parking in reverse. My poor car has a few scrapes and dents as proof. Fortunately, I've never damaged anyone else's car, only poles and cement barricades.

I once rammed my car into the side of a bowser at a petrol station because there was a bunch of people sitting in a car a few metres away all looking at me and laughing, probably not at me, but I felt so inferior and so panicked that I scraped the side of my car in order to get away! This was, for the record, a REALLY STUPID THING TO DO as you shouldn't give those people the satisfaction of seeing you stuff up. Yeah, when it comes to parking, I normally like to get a parking space on the right that you can just turn straight into, parking on the left phases me a bit more (that would be other way round in America). I wouldn't worry too much about it though, the girl who was annoyed you didn't get the first space, these are the kind of niggling minor things that annoy you in relationships and everyone's got them, trust me!

Latest posts

Back