Why Did You Choose Avatar/Sig/Name That You Did?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine's cropped from a picture by the artist Melanie Delon. I used it on another site for awhile and people seemed to like it so I used it here too.

Mines an art drawing a drew when in my teen years.

My avatar is the Sacred Chao. It represents the balance between chaos and nonexistance. Both order and disorder are man made illusions. Both order and disorder are divisions of chaos. The opposite of chaos is nothingness...

mine is from one of the second renaissance episodes of the animatrix. its like a scout rider for the machines during the war between man and the machines. wish i could make it a little bigger like my last avatar... or atleast find a bigger version.

Mine is a couple of galaxies positioned next to each other. Almost like they are in love. I am fascinated by outer space stuff

Mine's from one of the Adrian Tomine New Yorker covers. I love his work and the fact that he often features bookish women. The bigger image this was taken from shows the woman atop an NYC tour bus--filled with otherwise animated sightseers--in front of Radio City Music Hall reading what appears to be a Salinger novel. That pretty much sums me up!

i found my avatar when i googled the words "in chains". after looking at about 74,000 pictures of alice in chains, i found this picture and made it mine. originally, i wanted a picture of a slave in chains (or shackles). it represents my need and want to be free, totally and completely free. right now i'm not free, but one day i will be free, and the chains will come off.

Me at the beach, totally out of focus and too much sun to see me, but just enough to see the sunset.
Just how I like it.

hi there all,well i have no avatar can anyone tell me how can i set me avatar on this site....thanks.

freedom said:
i found my avatar when i googled the words "in chains". after looking at about 74,000 pictures of alice in chains, i found this picture and made it mine. originally, i wanted a picture of a slave in chains (or shackles). it represents my need and want to be free, totally and completely free. right now i'm not free, but one day i will be free, and the chains will come off.

"this is the way i pray"

nice lyrics, my fellow disturbed fan? :D

right after i changed my avatar the other day i decided i didnt want that one. i found this one i have now. it is called "lonely robot."

Just_Some_Dude said:
freedom said:

"this is the way i pray"

nice lyrics, my fellow disturbed fan? :D

yes sir!

"ooh wah ah ah ah ahh"

we're both down with the sickness!!!

2001wf.jpg

Mine is from the opening titles of 2001: A Space Odyssey, one of my favourite films. It shows the Sun appearing from behind the Earth, with the Moon at the bottom (look carefully, it's very dark).

For me, it's a very deep and symbolic image, in many ways. It makes me think of: dawn, sunrise, light, hope, life, conciousness, beauty, symmetry, mystery, awe, silence, fragility, majesty, eternity, and many other things.

I love this thread :D

S.o.S Tuffy pad

They are elusive, needy, yet in demand.
These have also mysteriously remained unavailable in local stores,
for an uncanny number of years.

Symbolic: Social isolation and introverted personality

• S.o.S: I need help
  • Tuffy: I must overcome fears

The very first car I ever bought was in 2006 and it was a 1976 Oldsmobile Omega for $500. I drove it home in one piece, and started cleaning it out (trash, dirt etc.). When I popped the trunk, all that was inside was a little troll like thing. I instantly thought it was awesome and it has been a desk-top piece ever since. Why did I choose it as my avatar? I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time... :D

Ah, I love it when people ask this question

[soapbox]

It is the Sacred Chao. It represents everything anyone ever needs to know about absolutly everything.

The apple is the Golden Apple of Discordia, representing chaos and tangible existance. Please do not think I mean chaos as "dissaray", Chaos is everything there is. Order and disorder are illusions within chaos, which is, therefore, everything that has ever existed or ever will exist. The empty space around the apple represents everything not worth knowing. The pentagon on the other side represents nothingness, being 5 sided because everything that never was or never will be or everything there ever was or ever will be can be reduced to 5.

With our concept making apparatus called "mind'' we look at reality through the ideas-about-reality which our cultures give us. The ideas-about-reality are mistakenly labeled "reality'' and people are forever perplexed by the fact that other people, especially other cultures, see "reality'' differently. It is only the ideas-about-reality which differ. Real (capital-T) True reality is a level deeper than is the level of concept.

The "smart people" in any culture are traditionally concerned with contrasting one grid with another grid, and amending grids in hopes of finding a perfect one that will account for all reality and will, hence, be True ( capital T) . The point is that (little-t) truth is a matter of definition relative to the grid one is using at the moment, and that (capital-T) Truth, metaphysical reality, is irrelevant to grids entirely. Pick a grid, and through it some chaos appears ordered and some appears disordered. Pick another grid, and the same chaos will appear differently ordered and disordered

SacredChao2.gif

[/soapbox]

So, I guess the answer is : I thought it was pretty.

Latest posts

Back