Without The Internet

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antihero

Reaction score
What would you likely find yourself doing at the moment if, say, the internet never existed?

What do you think you would have usually done with the time you spent online in the past?

Study? Read? Exercise? Watch more television?

Well I gave up smoking on the same day I got my first PC over two years ago now so I would have probably carried on with that as the net took my mined of the smoking. TV what a bore lol But ye prob watch some of that. I had a PS2, so prob would have had a PS3 if I had not got the net and PC. Lessen to moor music and dance around the living room. That about it I think. ow and prob do moor daydreaming.

I would probably study more and have better grades and more ambition if I hadn't offed myself already

Read. While I still read, its what has been pushed out of my life the most by the internet.

Probably the same thing i was doing before i ever bothered with the internet. Using bulletin boards, keeping in touch with people through the fidonet and RIME echos [RelayNet International Mail Exchange], using them to send email, maybe play a few of the boards door games. Possibly get back to playing with pascal or maybe something newer and maybe even turn on the TV or read.

Antihero said:
What would you likely find yourself doing at the moment if, say, the internet never existed?

What do you think you would have usually done with the time you spent online in the past?

Study? Read? Exercise? Watch more television?

heh, probably getting into WAY too much mischief!

id pay more attention to my guitar
awwwww poor guitar
in fact i can post and play guitar at the same time
*gasp* how inovative!

p.s.: oh and ive only recently discovered reading so much love to stephen king's the dark tower

Without.... The Internetz....? Dear god, my brain hurts just by thinking about it

What did I do before I got internet? It's been so long. I can't remember anymore

I'd probably spend most days playing video-games and watching TV. Perhaps read some more.

What? Go outside? NEVER!

I'd be outgoing, active, a bookworm,a best-selling author whose works include: "The World: and everything about it" and "You all suck at life",a World champion badminton player, and President of the United States of United States of Antartica.

**** you internetz for destroying my bright future! The Federation of Greenlandic Nations MUST have been behind this!!

Robin said:
I wouldn't be alive.

That is a distinct possibility for me as well. Since I fall out with everyone I know in life I had nothing. Bordon can be a killer, And who knows if I had not got the net when I did... The thought dose not bear thinking about.

I'd probably just read and watch the television, can't find the playstation since it's somewhere in the boxes in the garage but not to sure which one.

Bluey said:
Robin said:
I wouldn't be alive.

That is a distinct possibility for me as well. Since I fall out with everyone I know in life I had nothing. Bordon can be a killer, And who knows if I had not got the net when I did... The thought dose not bear thinking about.

I would either have grown to be very depressed or I would have ended my own life without interent. Secondary school was very difficult period in my life, but I met people through internet that gave me enough support and I survived.

Well if we asume I wouldn't have used interent but would have survived without severe deperession, I probably would have read alot. Lots of fantasy, philosophical or religious literature. And play more console videogames. Might have also picked up excersizing earlier, but who knows.

Nothing good would come of me not having the internet. I became someone who needs it just to get by when I am home. And I was trapped in general in the first place in my home even if i am the prisoner and the warden. All possible results of that scenario would eventually equal an earlier death for myself or others.

I'd probably pay a lot more attention to my kid.

LoL..I kid, I kid.

Nah, I'd probably get a lot more reading done. I used to be quite a bookworm, and then this lovely thing called the internet made its way into my home and I very rarely get to read now. I'd also probably pick up sewing or crocheting or something. Not really, but it's a nice thought.

I'd kill myself, or scratch my eyes out.

I've never been very good at managing stress

evanescencefan91 said:
I'd kill myself, or scratch my eyes out.

I've never been very good at managing strss

I'm leaning towards sticking needles in my eyes.

the world would be a horrid place without sweets like EF91
so dont say stuff like that!
hey you too eveWF! no needles in the eyes! bad!

aw loketron you're such a sweet guy

:D

Latest posts

Back