Would you marry a rich millionaire?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stella said:
i am not speaking on behalf of the female population, just from my experience there is no such thing as love and commitment. so i may as well get something out of being in a relationship, money it is. lol. better than the fists in my face and having a broken heart caused by a cheating partner. i have gotten over my delusion of the whole fairy tale ending, its false, but was brainwashed into s by all those awful children's films.

there is such a thing as lust, but love? no such thing.

these statements are all based on my own experiences, i am not talking for anyone else, just myself.

I know you aren't speaking for anyone other then yourself but it saddens me to hear about someone who has given up on love. Not all guys are the way you describe or like the ones you have ran into. I'm sorry if guys out there have consistently treated you this way.

I never understood why there were good guys being overlooked constantly, while the douchebags were being given all the chances. I was always overlooked until recently. I see people like my friend pouring his heart and soul into a relationship but getting not much in return and it makes me sad. While other friends who cheat on their partners get a girl who falls for them hard and would love to give them all the love/attention they can possibly give. A girl on my facebook met a guy recently and had a pic of her with him. The guy looked like the epitome of ********* and to the lack of surprise. 1 week later she posted about how he played her. My sister's friend constantly has guy after guy who lives with her. Mooching money and a place to stay while she works 2 jobs to support her and him.

I'm sorry for rambling on but I was just merely explaining what I see and hear happening all around me. I was just saying it seems like there a lot of girls out there who go for the typical guy while it seems like some of the good loving guys who have no problem with commitment are overlooked. I'm sorry if guys have been deceiving at all. There are so many jerks out there but there really are guys out there who want to love and cherish someone. I'm sorry if what I am saying sounds like a bunch of nonsense at all >< but I was really trying to be sincere but truthful at the same time. This cycle is just one that continues to depress me.

EveWasFramed said:
One person (so far), on the entire thread has this opinion and you're applying to ALL women, everywhere? Stop looking for excuses to hate women.

EDIT: And by the way...being jaded and being capable of murder are two different things. :club:
I may be a complete idiot (see my bio), but I do know as much. Guess I just can't tell it right.

Looking for excuses? Funny how I've had more female friends than male friends. And I don't hate my friends. Nor do I want to hate them. Hm.. guess I'm just an idiot who can't say a thing the way he wants and always sounds like a cruel *******. Fine then.

Matej said:
stella said:
i would whether i loved them or not, i would marry them for their money then divorce them and get half their wealth.
Here I got proof, now.
Exactly the reason I doubt there actually is love at all and is getting me to dislike all female population. Don't hate 'em yet, but starting to. I know, I know.. I shouldn't be generalizing, but just can't help feeling that way, no matter how evil I may sound.

Oh for fresia's sake, one woman responded in that way and you tar us all with the same brush?

Get over yourself.

EveWasFramed said:
EDIT: And by the way...being jaded and being capable of murder are two different things.

No honeysuckle. If those two things were synonymous, then I'd be a mass-murderer by now.

A few bad relationships does not a merry murderess make.

Matej said:
stella said:
i would whether i loved them or not, i would marry them for their money then divorce them and get half their wealth.
Here I got proof, now.
Exactly the reason I doubt there actually is love at all and is getting me to dislike all female population. Don't hate 'em yet, but starting to. I know, I know.. I shouldn't be generalizing, but just can't help feeling that way, no matter how evil I may sound.

Just money, eh. Guess those that just want divorce are good. Why not murder him and get all their wealth, not just half. Just some poison in morning coffee, cold-blooded, no one would ever know. And in this world women are even less likely to be suspected as criminals. Bullshit.

I seriously do hope I'm wrong here. :|

Guess that already answers the OP question: No, I wouldn't.

Proof of what? One person? One female? That's like saying because one monkey flings poo, it's proof every monkey does it. Please. One female cannot speak for the entirety. If you can't find love, then maybe it's something YOU'RE doing. It's not always everyone else who's wrong.

And the fact that you'd even think of murdering for money scares me just a tid-bit. Maybe women pick up that vibe from you, and do the smart thing and stay way. I know I would.

Do you want me to tell you something really subversive?
Love is everything it's cracked up to be.
That's why people are so cynical about it.
It really is worth fighting for,
being brave for,
risking everything for.
And the trouble is,
if you don't risk anything,
you risk even more.
-Erica Jong

SophiaGrace said:
Do you want me to tell you something really subversive?
Love is everything it's cracked up to be.
That's why people are so cynical about it.
It really is worth fighting for,
being brave for,
risking everything for.
And the trouble is,
if you don't risk anything,
you risk even more.
-Erica Jong
I like that quote.

In the beginning of my relationship, it was really hard to let myself love and be loved. The vulnerability of opening yourself up to someone is scary, and it still is sometimes.

stella said:
i am not speaking on behalf of the female population, just from my experience there is no such thing as love and commitment. so i may as well get something out of being in a relationship, money it is. lol. better than the fists in my face and having a broken heart caused by a cheating partner. i have gotten over my delusion of the whole fairy tale ending, its false, but was brainwashed into s by all those awful children's films.

there is such a thing as lust, but love? no such thing.

these statements are all based on my own experiences, i am not talking for anyone else, just myself.

Stella, why would you want to add fuel to a cycle that once left you hurt and jaded?

I have been hurt before, and I've only used that as motivation to be the better person. It's hard as hell sometimes to turn the other cheek. However, I'll be damned if I am going to be anything like the people that have tried to destroy me over the years.

I have never experienced love in my life, nor have i seen it it other people's lives. i think it is a state of delusion that has been engrained into us as something we 'need'. its the fairy tale we have all been brainwashed into. unlike many of you i have grown out of it. i feel much safer and stronger on my own. the sky is my limit and i will not have any man hold me back.

yes i would marry a scum bag just so i can get his money, with that money which he would have squandered i would invest into something good, like an animal sanctuary, and make something positive from his wretched debauched life.

I'm safe and strong on my own. I certainly don't "need" a guy in my life to love me in order to feel that way. However, I have been in love. And from what I have experienced, it's not a delusion at all. Love comes in many forms. You don't have to need in order to simply love someone.

I may joke about marrying for money, but if I didn't love and care about the dude, there's no way I'd ever be with him in any way. Now, if he wants to gift me some money, he's more then welcome to do that. That would be fine by me.

stella said:
I have never experienced love in my life, nor have i seen it it other people's lives. i think it is a state of delusion that has been engrained into us as something we 'need'. its the fairy tale we have all been brainwashed into. unlike many of you i have grown out of it. i feel much safer and stronger on my own. the sky is my limit and i will not have any man hold me back.

yes i would marry a scum bag just so i can get his money, with that money which he would have squandered i would invest into something good, like an animal sanctuary, and make something positive from his wretched debauched life.

You don't have to believe in love. However, you have no right to destroy the hopes of someone who may.

You know what feels like when someone is reckless with your heart, but think it's justified to do the same to others. I just don't get it.

huh? how am i possibly destroying 'the hopes of someone who may'?

you get to a point when you just don't care any more. love is a delusion. we are not biologically designed to be in 'love'. human's are not designed to stick with one partner all their lives, as a species we are bred to procreate as much as possible doesn't matter who with. love and monogamy are both social constructs that have been imposed on us. we are not designed for it.

stella said:
you get to a point when you just don't care any more. love is a delusion. we are not biologically designed to be in 'love'. human's are not designed to stick with one partner all their lives, as a species we are bred to procreate as much as possible doesn't matter who with. love and monogamy are both social constructs that have been imposed on us. we are not designed for it.

Ok since you are taking an evolutionary approach, i will too :)

I disagree with what you said. It could be just as easily argued that human beings have a better chance of surviving if both the mother and the father stick around to take care of/provide for their child(ren). So thus, love, is in fact valuable because it makes us stick together.

If we stick together, we are more likely to survive as a species.

Thus, love in fact does exist and it is advantageous rather than a weakness.

EveWasFramed said:
Matej said:
stella said:
Here I got proof, now.

One person (so far), on the entire thread has this opinion and you're applying to ALL women, everywhere? Stop looking for excuses to hate women.

Proof of what? One person? One female? That's like saying because one monkey flings poo, it's proof every monkey does it. Please. One female cannot speak for the entirety. If you can't find love, then maybe it's something YOU'RE doing. It's not always everyone else who's wrong.

stella said:

shells said:
You don't have to believe in love. However, you have no right to destroy the hopes of someone who may.

You know what feels like when someone is reckless with your heart, but think it's justified to do the same to others. I just don't get it.

stella said:
love is a delusion. we are not biologically designed to be in 'love'. human's are not designed to stick with one partner all their lives, as a species we are bred to procreate as much as possible doesn't matter who with. love and monogamy are both social constructs that have been imposed on us. we are not designed for it.

stella said:
huh? how am i possibly destroying 'the hopes of someone who may'?

By being deceptive and untruthful about your intentions.

The hypothetical example being that you would marry a rich man, not because of love, but to get what you can and leave. What if that man actually believed in starting a life with you, opened their heart by loving and marrying you?

Just because you are bitter about your past and wanted to be manipulative, you end up destroying his faith in love.

Getting hurt doesn't give you the right to inflict that harm on others: Rich, poor, man, woman, whatever. From the bottom of my heart, I am sorry you went through it. But it's still not an excuse.

Like I said, you don't have to believe in marriage, monogamy, or love. But by being deceptive and manipulative to those that do, you are messing with the emotions and hearts of those that may hold it in a higher regard than you or even consider it sacred.

EveWasFramed said:
Matej said:
stella said:
Here I got proof, now.

cheaptrickfan said:
Oh for fresia's sake, one woman responded in that way and you tar us all with the same brush?

Get over yourself.

VanillaCreme said:

This all makes me really sad, alot of women attack the guy for expressing how he feels, what? he cant have feelings? Its ok for us women to have feelings when a guy states he only wants one thing from a girl.. i don't think it helps a guy to feel better about women if he gets attacked by them for having thoughts :/

stella said:

lol this is unrelated but I always wondered what good is an animal sanctuary? (with cats and dogs) because its a buncha animals kept in cages being kept alive and alot of them don't find homes, so its like you have to raise up all these other animals to slaughter to keep alive the animals in the cages that are just existing. What about all the animals you have to kill to keep a dog alive so it can sit in a concrete dungeon for 12 years with no owners. lol im not saying ban all the animal sanctuaries, i just wonder why people care about the comfort of the animals in the sanctuary but dont care about the ones being killed to keep the sanctuary going. <_< people should improve the conditions of the slaughterhouses and feedlots to make those animals more comfortable before they die because you know they are miserable.. they dont get air conditioning and a clean plush blankie and clean water and food D:

Why care about animals when our own species is suffering? I could never pick an animal over a starving child. :\

shells said:

I like this :) :) :)

stella said:

would you feel this same way if birth control had never been invented? Is it really natural to go our own ways without a companion? If birth control had never been invented does it feel natural to get knocked up by some random passing dude or several dudes and not know who the father is and probably popping out a kid every year because we all like sex, so would it feel natural to raise like over a dozen kids alone without a companion? :O

RebeccaSarah33 said:
This all makes me really sad, alot of women attack the guy for expressing how he feels, what? he cant have feelings? Its ok for us women to have feelings when a guy states he only wants one thing from a girl.. i don't think it helps a guy to feel better about women if he gets attacked by them for having thoughts :/

He can have whatever feelings he likes. He was called out for generalizing ALL women, based on the opinion of one. Generalizing people based on their SEX is just absurd.

RebeccaSarah33 said:

Why care about animals when our own species is suffering? I could never pick an animal over a starving child. :\

would you feel this same way if birth control had never been invented? Is it really natural to go our own ways without a companion? If birth control had never been invented does it feel natural to get knocked up by some random passing dude or several dudes and not know who the father is and probably popping out a kid every year because we all like sex, so would it feel natural to raise like over a dozen kids alone without a companion? :O

He expressed his thoughts, and we expressed ours. Don't then attack us because you don't agree with our response to him.

And why care about animals? Because it's called having a heart, and not being selfish to only care about the human specie because that's what you/we are.

As far as raising kids without a companion, it does happen. There are plenty of single parents. Including females who don't know the father of their child. I personally don't think I could live with the fact that I didn't know who was the father of my child. But it doesn't bother everyone.

EveWasFramed said:
He can have whatever feelings he likes. He was called out for generalizing ALL women, based on the opinion of one. Generalizing people based on their SEX is just absurd.

Well, maybe thats all hes experienced in life from this gender is negativity, but we dont know because we arent him, just trying to keep an open mind to his possible negative feelings for the gender based on experience, yea you may have gotten your feelings possibly hurt by the generalization, but if you are comfortable in your own skin which you are (from other thread lol) then you should feel ok with yourself knowing that you're not like that and that hes not talking about you, lol its just silly to get offended if you feel ok with yourself

VanillaCreme said:
He expressed his thoughts, and we expressed ours. Don't then attack us because you don't agree with our response to him.

And why care about animals? Because it's called having a heart, and not being selfish to only care about the human specie because that's what you/we are.

As far as raising kids without a companion, it does happen. There are plenty of single parents. Including females who don't know the father of their child. I personally don't think I could live with the fact that I didn't know who was the father of my child. But it doesn't bother everyone.

lol touche on the 'attacking thoughts' cause yes I did, but now you know what it feels like since you did it to someone else also and probably didnt think how he felt because you were mad at what he said... see it sucks doesnt it? now you know how it feels, that was my whole point

the animals thing, you didnt explain how its ok to have a heart for a puppy.. but what about a cow or a chicken? ..or a bug??

Yes we all know theres plenty of single parents but what makes that natural? you said it was natural to be a single parent... what part of it is the natural part?

RebeccaSarah33 said:
yea you may have gotten your feelings possibly hurt by the generalization, but if you are comfortable in your own skin which you are (from other thread lol) then you should feel ok with yourself knowing that you're not like that and that hes not talking about you, lol its just silly to get offended if you feel ok with yourself

Stop making assumptions. My "feelings" weren't hurt at all. Second, wtf does being comfortable in my own skin have to do with someone making generalizations about a person based on sex? ANY sex, male or female? Third, don't assume anything about me - I wasn't "offended." Fourth, what I feel about myself personally, had ZERO to do with ANYTHING he said and to imply I'm being "silly" for being "offended" when I wasn't, is another presumption on your part. You know what they say about assuming... :)

Latest posts

Back