You know your lonely when

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you find yourself stumbling over words and not knowing what to say at the rare chance someone initiates a conversation with you.

When you start talking to your pet snake like you talk to your cats....except, snakes don't have ears.

off topic: The "your" instead of "you're" in the title really bothers me.

But you know you're feeling lonely when you visit alonelylife to talk to other people feeling lonely.

constant stranger said:
I get a bit annoyed when I see how some people does bad grammar and mispelings to.

I see what you did there :D

I'm not there right now fortunately, but I have been lonely just like everyone else.
I guess one way you know you're lonely is if you're using the internet, your devices and games as crutches to avoid acknowledging the emptiness pervading your life. It's all too easy in modern times to closet yourself away and be left behind while life flows on around you.

lostatsea said:
off topic: The "your" instead of "you're" in the title really bothers me.

But you know you're feeling lonely when you visit alonelylife to talk to other people feeling lonely.

I get annoyed by people who get annoyed at spelling.

Whenever you find yourself in a social situation you have the urge to walk away because you feel like the black sheep...

On a side note I actually feel comfortable being lonely 80% of the time, just wish i could pick and choose when not to be alone for the rest of the 20% goddamn 1st world problems

When you're continually pre-occupied with 'what went wrong', and distractions that used to help are no longer enjoyable.

When you go to your diet class and they spend an hour going over things you can do to diet while at social events... and you realize you don't go to social events but all these other people do.

When someone talks to you and you have difficulty answering/making words sound right because the muscles in your mouth are out off practice when it come to talking.

Or when the volume of your speech is out of whack because you spend so much time talking in your inner voice.

When a song comes on the radio that you last heard when you had hopes and dreams for your life and you burst into tears.

LonelySutton said:
When a song comes on the radio that you last heard when you had hopes and dreams for your life and you burst into tears.

Oh Sutton. I read this and I really felt for you there. I have songs that I hear too, not on the radio, but just ones that I have that remind me of my time when someone was in my life or when things were different, and it reminds me of that person, or that time, when I thought they were going to be the one for me and that time, everything was still fine. I don't burst into tears, but it can make me feel a bit melancholy. So I know what you mean, in a way.

When you feel disappointed that nobody says hi to you as they walk by, and you keep looking at them waiting for it but they still don't notice you. And this is after you went on a trip together the past week.

you don't answer when people call you because they are not friends and they wouldn't want to know that you are sick, but you are not really able to talk about anything else

lei said:
When you feel disappointed that nobody says hi to you as they walk by, and you keep looking at them waiting for it but they still don't notice you. And this is after you went on a trip together the past week.

(hug) :(

lei said:

That's terrible.:(

...there is no reason to take vacation from work (there is no one to travel with).

...coworkers don't ask about your personal life; they assume that you're a very private person (coworker thought I had a daughter).

...people around you are getting married or finding a significant other (even the alcoholic).

...your neighbors don't even want to get to know you (and I make an honest attempt to say hello/good morning).

Latest posts

Back