Your Purpose in Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not read the thread, just shoving in my 2cents (or 2p if you're English like me).

My aim in life is to PARTY ALL THE TIME and love EVERYONE.

Especially my cat (d).

x

cheaptrickfan said:
SophiaGrace said:
I"m not sure what to say except to urge you to continue to not to give up and ((((((((((((((((((((((CTF)))))))))))))))))))

Thanks, Soph. :)

discolemonade said:
My current purpose is to cook ctf's recipes and write about them. So, making a blogsopt naaaaao :)

lol! We could take the show on the road. :p

it's getting there! And I have to decide what to make first. hmmm

discolemonade said:
cheaptrickfan said:
discolemonade said:
My current purpose is to cook ctf's recipes and write about them. So, making a blogsopt naaaaao :)

1. Make sure you send me the link. :D

2. I think you should make the grown up mac and cheese or the spicy peanut noodles. Or, an easy sweet treat, the Chocolate Hazelnut Sticks. All you really have to do is melt some chocolate. :D

Oh I can sooooooo vouch for that mac and cheese...... Heaven.....pure heaven. The pumpkin cheesecake is worth all the effort too! Crisis brownies is going on my list when the kids come home on break....

I don't really have a purpose.. I'm just sorta a loose cannon rolling around putting everyone in danger.

BUT IT'S ******* FUN DANGER!!! :D

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

cheaptrickfan said:
discolemonade said:
cheaptrickfan said:
discolemonade said:

2. I think you should make the grown up mac and cheese or the spicy peanut noodles. Or, an easy sweet treat, the Chocolate Hazelnut Sticks. All you really have to do is melt some chocolate. :D

Okay it's getting better :) I'm going to write some more junk, but the link shall be sent, and whatever I need for these recipes shall be bought :D

discolemonade said:
cheaptrickfan said:

Okay it's getting better :) I'm going to write some more junk, but the link shall be sent, and whatever I need for these recipes shall be bought :D

Ooh, how exciting!

I should be adding my apple pie recipe today or tomorrow. That one is totally worth the effort.

I hope you have a rolling pin. ;-)

The vegan stuff is pretty good. I really liked the scrambled tofu, and so did my kids, which is nothing short of a miracle. :p

Sometimes life makes no sense and it seems like there's no purpose. When I'm driving I look at other drivers and wonder where are they going or where do they come from. I see houses and I wonder the many different stories lived in them. Big families, small ones, broken ones, lonely people. Then I think waht the purpose of humanity is. We all have our different routines i.e. get up, get ready, go to work, come back home, have dinner, go to bed and it starts all over again the next day and the next and the next until we get old and finally die. For some people status is very important and they work really hard to achieve it. A beautiful house in an uptown neighborhood, etc. For others education is important so they spend their time studying to be succesful that way. For many religion is the priority so they spend part of their lives worshiping the god they believe in. And the thing is many of us go through life without knowing what that purpose is. I read somewhere that the purpose in life is JOY. And to be contempt you either have to love what you do or do what you love. The most frustrating part for me is that I am aware of this and I still spend most of my days feeling miserable about past choices and my present situation.

Sean said:
(Sorry if there's some old thread out there on this topic, I couldn't really find one to bump)

Anyways, I used to be quite religious. I thought I knew exactly why I was here and what I have to do.
Not a huge fan of religion, but perhaps in the future I may consider trying that again.

Now i'm rather lost and depressed. I don't really know what my purpose is or why i'm here.

Right now i'm thinking i'm here cause of luck and my purpose is to make cute babies :D so the human race can continue.

Anyways , that's just what I think. I'm curious to hear your oppinions :).
What do YOU think?

Why does one have to have a purpose? If there needs to be a purpose, I think the main purpose is to accept.

I think that everyone has many different purposes, and that your purpose changes at different times.

Right now my purpose is to be with my husband and take care of him. Thats all I need in life (right now)

eris said:
I think that everyone has many different purposes, and that your purpose changes at different times.

"For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person's life at a given moment. "

-Dr. Viktor E. Frankl

Latest posts

Back