Feeling really upset for the first half of the day at work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

Reaction score
I came to work as usual (F&B retail) and I shyly and awkwardly say hi when I passed by the shift leader in charge. She was actually slightly glaring at me and she quickly shoved a small bag containing some documents and instructed me to go to the bank for deposit.

I was shocked by her actions but held back and quietly did the task. After I went back, she firmly told and assigned me at the back and I even caught her shrugged me off completely like as if she was sending me off for punishment?

I honestly do not know what happened to her but seriously, I am working and studying at the same time and there was one time this manager (in charge of the whole restaurant) asks me to skip school jokingly to help out and he even asks me what time I started school. I gave him a rough timing and he started saying I was lying but really, I didn't really give him the exact time. He said the word 'lie' very loudly and the shift leader was pretty near to me when she heard that.

That was a few days back and back to today, there was another part-timer that came during our shift and she wasn't supposed to. But eventually found out that she was actually supposed to anyways and the shift leader even thought she was working for free at first!! No wonder she snubbed me really hard and she actually even talked through me towards to another person about doing some housekeeping and ended up I was the one that did that!! WTF!

They even looked shocked when the manager arrived for his shift and assigned me to where that person and her was working!!

Besides these, just now a full-timer was actually literally shouting at me and banging the door just because I was taking time to react when I was actually depressed and nearly wanted to cry because of how that shift leader treated me at first....it was just sooooo unprofessional!!!

Nowadays I've always give my best at work (They know, i can tell) but it seems because of a certain past behavior (because I have SA) I am not very good at communicating so perhaps I've stepped too harshly on their foot.

I actually cried a lil while typing this and to think I've worked there for 6 months and going to my 7th. This was my longest F&B job and I thought I could last for a year at least but I don't really know now.

Social anxiety...are you going to express your opinions on this topic?

I feel bad that youre bothered so much by this, but thats usually what happens at work. People are busy and get irritated and sometimes take it out in the wrong people. This isnt going to just stop. Any other job you get in life is going to have upsetting moments.

A few months ago my cousin spilled BBQ sauce on someone and they punched him in the face and knocked a few teeth out. I used to be a telemarketer and I got yelled at and cursed out everyday. These are extreme cases but what I mean is that everyone has to take honeysuckle sometimes. Try to take yourself out of the situation, and instead of taking it personally take it "work-in-ally"

Life isnt fair

The job sucks anyways and it's not the first time already. I think this is the ultimate that really cause me to actually asked the manager what is the guideline for resignation.

I even gave my days yesterday but pulled out this morning and give reasons like my school is overloading (partially true) but still I could work it. Oh I needed the money badly but it seems because the impression that the shift leader gave me was that she preferred that this person that works for free rather than for money (ridiculous) I was make to feel like I was the greatest scum on earth.

Honestly speaking, out of all my crappy shift, this one nearly makes me cry at work but instead, I cried at home.

Latest posts

Back