Spam

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minus

Unknown member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Spam appreciation

Spam Classic – original flavor
Spam Hot & Spicy – with Tabasco flavor
Spam Less Sodium – "25% less sodium"
Spam Lite – "33% less calories and 50% less fat"
Spam Oven Roasted Turkey
Spam Hickory Smoke flavor
Spam Spread
Spam with Bacon
Spam with Cheese
Spam Garlic
Spam Mild
Spam Hot Dogs
Spam Golden Honey Grail

Spam with Bacon
35akaoh.png

Spam Golden Honey Grail
golden_honey_spam_large.jpg

Spam Hot Dogs
The SPAM® Hot Dog. It’s two American favorites put together into one tasty treat.
2zgsoed.png

Oh, Minus... Why?

*sobs quietly*

My grandfather developed quite a taste for Spam "during the War," and as a result, our summer camping trips with the grandparents featured lunches of grilled Spam and Velveeta sandwiches, creamy Spam salad sandwiches, scrambled powdered eggs and Spam, and - the pièce de résistance, or the coup de grâce, depending on your attitude - Spam & pineapple kebabs roasted over an open flame.

Thankfully, we also had S'mores. And the deep-sea fishing trip off of Peggy's Cove, NS.

Still, the revulsion to Spam lingers. Looking at those pictures, I have flashbacks to watching the Spam as it is birthed from that can.

*shudder*

cheaptrickfan said:
Oh, Minus... Why?

I am sorry but i really have no idea.

It is no longer you grandfathers spam. During the war they didn't have delights like Bacon Spam. As a kid you would have surely loved Spam Hotdogs.

Even if you have no interest in eating it, it has so many other uses such as making sculptures.

CIMG6946.JPG

Hamakua Plantations Hawaii Macadamia Nuts with SPAM® Classic Flavor

dx05f5.jpg

I actually make an incredible Creole Spam Pan Fry. I throw in sliced up spam, various vegetables i.e. corn, garlic, onions, tomatoes and sometimes bell peppers. Then a healthy dose of Creole seasoning and black pepper. Fry in olive oil with just a dab of butter.

You know you want to try it.

EveWasFramed said:
My arteries just clogged from reading this, lol.

Yes, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I swear, I felt a pang of pain in my heart just by reading this.

Minus said:
Hamakua Plantations Hawaii Macadamia Nuts with SPAM® Classic Flavor

You know, I'm pretty sure something like this is listed under the signs that fortell the coming of Ragnarok.

And they all thought I was silly.

Minus said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Oh, Minus... Why?

I am sorry but i really have no idea.

It is no longer you grandfathers spam. During the war they didn't have delights like Bacon Spam. As a kid you would have surely loved Spam Hotdogs.

Even if you have no interest in eating it, it has so many other uses such as making sculptures.

The sculptures I couldn't even do. Just looking at those pictures, I can smell it.

Also, not sure that the word "delights" should be in such close proximity to "Spam."

Brian said:
I actually make an incredible Creole Spam Pan Fry. I throw in sliced up spam, various vegetables i.e. corn, garlic, onions, tomatoes and sometimes bell peppers. Then a healthy dose of Creole seasoning and black pepper. Fry in olive oil with just a dab of butter.

You know you want to try it.

I would... but with leftover ham. :p

For the health conscious

Same delicious taste of SPAM® Classic with 33% less calories, 50% less fat and 25% Less Sodium.

21ox1ls.png

With "Crazy Tasty" recipes and we all like "Crazy Tasty" recipes.

Minus said:
With "Crazy Tasty" recipes ...

I think that the emphasis here is on "crazy" rather than "tasty."

That Spamalot can was pretty awesome, though. I'd buy that just for the can. Then I'd see if the cat would eat the spam.

That was a limited edition and probably isn't available anymore, so as a collectors item, i would suggest you keep the can unopened. The cat would probably just try to bury it anyway.

Brian said:
But CTF, Spam has ham IN it! You get ham and MORE.

" The common assumption is that Spam is made of stuff even pigs don't like to admit they've got. Not so, says a spokeswoman for Hormel Foods, which manufactures Spam. It contains a mixture of ham and chopped pork shoulder. (Ham is the pig's thigh; pork is everything else.) Ham is Hormel's top-of-the-line product, and Spam was created in 1937 partly to use up what was left of the pig after the ham had been removed. But only the wholesome parts."

The name Spam, dreamed up by the actor brother of a Hormel vice president, is short for "spiced ham."

~straightdope.com

The color of Spam
Is natural as the sky:
A block of sunrise

Pink tender morsel
Glistening with salty gel
What the hell is it?

Old man seeks doctor
"I eat Spam daily," he says
Angioplasty

Pink beefy temptress
I can no longer remain
Vegetarian

Brian said:
But CTF, Spam has ham IN it! You get ham and MORE.

I want just the "ham," not the "more." And really, as a self-loathing omnivore, it pains me even to cop to wanting the ham part.

Though you know, oddly enough, as much as I hate Spam, I have always really liked Underwood Devilled Ham, which has got to be equally as gross as the Spam.

My God, I am a weird contradiction.

I really want some sort of pig-product now, though.

Minus said:
The color of Spam
Is natural as the sky:
A block of sunrise

Pink tender morsel
Glistening with salty gel
What the hell is it?

Old man seeks doctor
"I eat Spam daily," he says
Angioplasty

Pink beefy temptress
I can no longer remain
Vegetarian

Spam limericks? Oh, Minus.

EDIT: Duh. Those are haiku.

cheaptrickfan said:

Not mine of course, but still a work of art dedicated to a great product.
and now for a another.

If it's SPAMericks you want, I'm your man!
But aesthetics just ain't in my plan.
There's no time to refine;
Like a vast assembly line,
I just churn out the stuff, like SPAM cans!
--Geoff Holme

SLAMMINSPAMMY

Minus said:
cheaptrickfan said:

Not mine of course, but still a work of art dedicated to a great product.
and now for a another.

If it's SPAMericks you want, I'm your man!
But aesthetics just ain't in my plan.
There's no time to refine;
Like a vast assembly line,
I just churn out the stuff, like SPAM cans!
--Geoff Holme

lol That's right, those others were haiku. :p

Not quite awake yet...

What about canned ham? Is that stuff suppose to be good? I never could stomach canned hams and even if i try diluting it by making ham salad, i just end up with terrible ham salad. Still i get the impression that stuff is suppose to be edible.

Minus said:
What about canned ham? Is that stuff suppose to be good? I never could stomach canned hams and even if i try diluting it by making ham salad, i just end up with terrible ham salad. Still i get the impression that stuff is suppose to be edible.

That's what "they" say, but canned ham is still pretty gross, I think. Give me a good, old fashioned country ham.