myers briggs

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you like my personality type, Naleena. :) Protectors? I didn't know that, although I did feel that way many times. I too love INFPs.

I think we'll find out we're all introverted intuiters in these forums, as anywhere else on the internet (especially forums).

I took it last wednesday. The guy giving the test went into some big explanation about how the types were neither good no bad, just different. Then he proceeded to ridicule the traits of the introvert and laugh at the type answers they would give. After that little display we took the test.
By that time i couldn't take any test with him seriously and just dinked around on it not paying much attention to the questions.

I would have to look at an older version to see what i really come out as, though i don't think i really need a test to tell me.

iris said:
I'm glad you like my personality type, Naleena. :) Protectors? I didn't know that, although I did feel that way many times. I too love INFPs.

I think we'll find out we're all introverted intuiters in these forums, as anywhere else on the internet (especially forums).

Duh! I feel like an idiot right now...lol The protectors are INFJ. Is it too late to crawl in a hole somewhere?
I love your type too :) It has a lot of qualities I admire. Here are some of your strengths.

INTJ Strengths

Not threatened by conflict or criticism
Usually self-confident
Take their relationships and commitments seriously
Generally extremely intelligent and capable
Interested in "optimizing" their relationships
Good listeners
Very forgiving of INFP's who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground

for personality i fell into 1.5%, no wonder i feel like i dont fit in.

for multiple intelligences the top 3 were logical/mathmatecial at 70%, intrapersonal and musical at 60%. followed by naturalist and spatial at 45%.

thats odd because i dont really like math, although i am logical when it comes to things. also i always listen to music often and i always have some song stuck in my head, but i have NO IDEA how to play anything, lol.

iris said:
Yes, years ago. I'm INTJ. You?

INFJ

I - 57%
N - 71%
F - 68%
J - 74%

I can't believe this test was released in 1962 and based on Data from 1923 and they still want people to pay for it. It pisses me off, typical INFJ behavior though. We are the worst, less then 1% of the population of earth.

I feel so misunderstood by everyone even my family. The thing that is really quite frustrating about being an INFJ is we can be quite extroverted in small groups. 2 or 3 trusted friends playing x-box and having some wine / boking some smoles, we're just like everyone else. Get us outside in a city or at a party, we become a classic book worm, geeky, quiet, introverted. I loath this part of my personality because every time I meet a nice girl Naturally at some time or another we get into a large group where I'm quiet and they think I'm mad. My family, same way. Christmas, new years holidays etc (we have a large family) I'm very quiet but just my siblings and my mom (my died died quite some time ago) I'm much more open to conversation and sharing. My non nuclear family thinks I don't like them and now I have the reputation no matter how hard I try to explain myself of not liking the family ugggggh. I shouldn't have to explain myself if I'm not hurting anyone should I?

I have this theory that introverts are more lonely then extroverts: introverts aren't bullshitters, Extroverts can just dish out garbage for hours and people eat it up like ice cream. Not to say all extroverts are BS'ers but I don't believe many introverts are full of hot air. We tend to listen and evaluate don't you think?

The reason I made this thread is taking this test helped understand who I am more then anything I've found in life except maybe astrology. Jung as well as freud clearly used astrology in treating people and Jung said much of his data was based on the stars mixed with life experences. Although the full test is about $45 dollars online like Naleena took there are good scaled down tests that can usually point you in a proper direction. Usually college campuses give them away for free as well if you're a student. If you are seeing a therapist they will also give you one if they haven't already. Here is what IMHO I think is the best free resource:

http://www.humanmetrics.com

You can take a scaled down version of the Meyers Briggs which is called the Jung Typology test (because Meyers Briggs is copyrighted) here:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

There are mailing lists and forums all over just for your personality type. I've been part of a "consortium" of people who are INFJ for a few years now, I swear these people saved my life at one time. It's nice to collaborate with like minds. There's always a ****** or two but there is everywhere, I let them troll themselves.

I'm passing all this along because it was THE ONLY HELP I could find for myself at one time, it really helped me. I know I'm repeating myself but it was a god sent gift and I wanted to share it with the Lonely. Being Lonely is a messed up thing, something I'm still struggling myself to comprehend but! I will take what I can get.

Peace

I don't know why I posted this in networking it was meant for General. Can one of you nice mods move it for meh please

:club:

Naleena said:
INTJ Strengths

Not threatened by conflict or criticism
Usually self-confident
Take their relationships and commitments seriously
Generally extremely intelligent and capable
Interested in "optimizing" their relationships
Good listeners
Very forgiving of INFP's who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground

lol, Naleena :)

AncientBard said:
Has anyone here taken the myers briggs?

Yes, I took this test yesterday. I'm ISFJ (a Protector): Introverted-Sensing-Feeling-Judging with strength of preferences 44%-38%-50%-67%. LG:)

@ Ancient Bard - Yes I'm pretty antisocial in large groups too, I can only find 1 or 2 persons to chat with a little. I like being in small groups of only a few persons, 1-2 is ideal. I think this is a problem many introverts have, especially introverted intuiters. Lately I don't speak too much, I'm mainly the listener and luckily, there are others who want to have the active role in the conversation. I would love to be an extrovert, it's all so easy for them - to connect with others, to make many friends, to always have something to do etc.

iris said:
I would love to be an extrovert, it's all so easy for them - to connect with others, to make many friends, to always have something to do etc.

Me too, I can't believe I said that out loud :(

LGH1288 said:
AncientBard said:
Has anyone here taken the myers briggs?

Yes, I took this test yesterday. I'm ISFJ (a Protector): Introverted-Sensing-Feeling-Judging with strength of preferences 44%-38%-50%-67%. LG:)

I took this test again today. While I'm still "ISFJ" (33%-12%-62%-72%) I've since learned that this type is also described as a "Nurturer" (the type descriptions are not as standardized as the test itself). Whatever, LG:)

LGH1288 said:
I took this test again today. While I'm still "ISFJ" (33%-12%-62%-72%) I've since learned that this type is also described as a "Nurturer" (the type descriptions are not as standardized as the test itself). Whatever, LG:)

Nurturing is definatley a great quality to have.

zombieslayer said:
I'm an INFJ. Of course, I get the weird one. XD

Look at your screen name, INFJ "Protector"...lol

Latest posts

Back