Administrators: Diary needs responses

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiardyeo

Reaction score
The way the diary is at the moment, I don't find it very interesting.
I think you need to allow replies not only to get feedback and support from others, but also so everybody who wants to have a diary can use their own particular thread that they can use over and over again.

This way the diary has continuity and that makes it more interesting.

When many people have their own diary thread and continue to share and express themselves on it, then it is better for real friendships to develope rather than going to the networking section and say, "I AM DESPERATE FOR A FRIEND - WILL ANYBODY BE MY FRIEND". It is kind of loud and too direct. Friendships don't happen that way. One needs to get to know people by sharing and relating - and then you think about whether you would like to be their friend or not. Yea?

What do you think?

Mods can't change that. You'd have to PM bjarne, the owner and creator of the site.

The Diary section is purposely without replying so that members can divulge their thoughts without fear of any negative responses. It gives someone a chance to simply write what they're feeling and then leave it here and NOT have to deal with people answering or giving advice... and that can be very beneficial and helpful to some who would choose to avoid dealing with responses.

yea i dont think other people should be able to respond to your threads in the diary. thats what the other threads are for. i did always think it was weird that you couldnt respond to your own threads so that way it was more like an actual diary as opposed to having to start a new thread every time you want to use it. but thats just me. i dont really use it, i think i have only used it 2 or 3 times.

Shiardyeo said:
The way the diary is at the moment, I don't find it very interesting.
I think you need to allow replies not only to get feedback and support from others, but also so everybody who wants to have a diary can use their own particular thread that they can use over and over again.

This way the diary has continuity and that makes it more interesting.

When many people have their own diary thread and continue to share and express themselves on it, then it is better for real friendships to develope rather than going to the networking section and say, "I AM DESPERATE FOR A FRIEND - WILL ANYBODY BE MY FRIEND". It is kind of loud and too direct. Friendships don't happen that way. One needs to get to know people by sharing and relating - and then you think about whether you would like to be their friend or not. Yea?

What do you think?

Hi Shiardyeo -- You were correct to address your suggestion to the board's ADMIN who (rather than a MOD) has the power to make the change you suggest, but a personal diary is not a vehicle for discussion. As you already know, Networking is the best place to establish new social connections and develop friendships, then you can PM or email. Best, LG:-

Diary doesn't need responses imo. It's not a reply section. It's just there for members to let steam off and vent about stuff. If they want a response, they can post in any other section accordingly for others to reply.

Latest posts

Back