I had a dream about you...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbstanley70

Reaction score
Two days ago I woke up at 5 am to a text message from my ex stating "I had a dream about you". It was sent at 1 am that morning and I slept through it which was fine but this was from a woman who had not talked to me in a month. I texted her back and last night we texted until after midnight. It was nice to hear from her but at the same time it sucked because she still doesn't know what she wants and it gives me false hope knowing she was the first to break the ice. Anyways, it was nice to hear from someone for whom I have very deep feelings but it doesn't mean anything will come of it. Funny thing is last night I had 150000 questions but I kept the conversation positive and light and didn't bog her down with why did she do this or that. It was just nice to talk to her and I was happy. Call me a sell out but if that is what I am, I am. Yeah, I am a sucker.

I bet. I bet that it feels good in the moment to talk to her again. But I imagine that nothing has changed and she is just lonely, desperate, looking for comfort. I am fairly certain nothing useful will come out of this, it will likely only be her dragging you further through an emotional roller coaster and keeping you from ending this phase in your life and moving on to someone who wouldn't do this.

Curious - have you been doing anything lately to reach out and be more active, try to meet more people? You're falling into a potentially crippling area with her around, and having been there before, I definitely warn about it.

Bah.. I wouldn't think too much of the previous post. "You're falling into a potentially crippling area with her around." What could one possibly understand about your feelings for this woman? Yes, I'm sure it felt quite comforting to hear from her again. I see nothing wrong in your conversation with her and the positive demeanor you hold on the matter. If it makes you both happy, a supportive friendship with no hard feelings is highly possible, only tread carefully if you still have strong feelings for her.

Latest posts

Back