Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The crying girl on Westminster Bridge - 18/02/2012
At least you tried to do something.

And there is no telling what caused her to act that way. I had a breakdown once in public, and I could barely talk to people. So I know what that's like.

You just can't feel guilty for it, because if you reached out to her, and so did your girlfriend, someone else would have.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
(02-20-2012, 10:43 PM)My Lounge Act Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 02:11 PM)SophiaGrace Wrote: Maybe she felt like she couldn't tell you, a complete stranger how she felt. I mean someone appearing out of the blue asking me if I was okay. Idk.

I suppose you're right. I didnt think of it like that at the time. Just upsetting to see someone like that.

I think you did the right thing though Lounge
It was really nice of you to approach her. Even if she didn't respond, it could have helped her to feel less alone, to know that there are decent people in the world who care.
Maybe she couldn't speak English?
(02-21-2012, 03:02 AM)Tiina63 Wrote: It was really nice of you to approach her. Even if she didn't respond, it could have helped her to feel less alone, to know that there are decent people in the world who care.
Maybe she couldn't speak English?

Yeah maybe. Hopefully she was ok in the end. Maybe she just had a bad day. We all have 'em.
In a similar vein Lounge,a few years back,I was driving an overnight coach up from London to Holyhead on Anglesey to catch the Irish ferry.As I was going over the Britannia Bridge over the Menai Straits,I noticed a guy standing in the middle looking down into the water.When I'd passed him,it dawned on me that in was 2.30am,and that pedestrians were not allowed on the bridge,so when I got to the other side I stopped at the first phone box to notify the police that a guy was stood in the middle of the bridge (which is a notorious jumping spot). The reply I got astounded me." What makes you think he intends jumping sir?" I explained the time and circumstances,to which they replied "Well we've got nobody around at the moment,but I'll log it and get someone over later"
To this day I don't know whether he jumped or not,but it makes you wonder if it's worth bothering again.
"Cynics are just idealists that have had the s**t kicked out of them by reality"
You know the title of this thread sounds like it should be the title of a ghost story!
(02-22-2012, 10:08 PM)Jilted John Wrote: What makes you think he intends jumping sir?"

*Facepalm!*
(02-22-2012, 10:08 PM)Jilted John Wrote: In a similar vein Lounge,a few years back,I was driving an overnight coach up from London to Holyhead on Anglesey to catch the Irish ferry.As I was going over the Britannia Bridge over the Menai Straits,I noticed a guy standing in the middle looking down into the water.When I'd passed him,it dawned on me that in was 2.30am,and that pedestrians were not allowed on the bridge,so when I got to the other side I stopped at the first phone box to notify the police that a guy was stood in the middle of the bridge (which is a notorious jumping spot). The reply I got astounded me." What makes you think he intends jumping sir?" I explained the time and circumstances,to which they replied "Well we've got nobody around at the moment,but I'll log it and get someone over later"
To this day I don't know whether he jumped or not,but it makes you wonder if it's worth bothering again.

Things like this make me really angry, why the hell do they even question it? I don't even know what to say.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gone girl - psychopathy vs a selfish asshole stork_error 24 4,738 01-13-2016, 06:11 AM
Last Post: stork_error
Shy Sometimes I feel like crying - for no reason at all Mouse 11 4,657 03-20-2015, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Mouse
  I made a fake id of a girl.. M_also_lonely 4 1,711 11-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Tealeaf
  I spent the day at work crying at my desk. I feel alone. SofiasMami 32 4,498 02-16-2014, 07:35 AM
Last Post: jaguarundi
  Benefits of crying... Brock007 10 4,596 03-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Gutted
  I keep crying.... lots of emotional ranting WallflowerGirl83 12 3,199 03-08-2013, 04:23 AM
Last Post: SophiaGrace
  Girl's Mothers Hit On Me LoneKiller 41 6,315 12-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Parabolani
  Girl's Body Language? Goodmorningamerica 12 2,628 12-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Sarah_Lbnz
  I can't stop crying. dreamer8 8 2,043 02-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Last Post: LonesomeCapricorn
Question What do nice guys look for in a nice girl? lovehurtme 37 7,416 11-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Last Post: lovehurtme