Your ALL Name V.2

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gutted

Reaction score
There just HAS to be a topic about this already lol. Something seems to tell me that I have already made a topic like this. But I dunno! >_<' The simplest thing to do seems to be, just make a topic about it and see!

So I arks you! About your name on here! Why is it what it is?

At the time of finding this place, I felt Gutted. I wasn't miserable or anything but I was quite unhappy at the time. I had lots of bad things going on in life and not many good things around to counterbalance them. Luckily, things got better fast and now I'm not Gutted at all. Haven't been for ages~ However I think the name should stick as it portrays who I was when I first joined this lovely place :D

Also, I don't check preferences much. Can we change our names if we want to? Lol

My name is a creature in a Dr. Seuss book - a Bar-ba-loot from The Lorax:

barbaloots.jpg

I don't know why I chose it really other than that I've always liked the book, the word and I wanted to use a different screen name than what I use elsewhere. :)

This is the only forum I have not used some form of my real name. I don't know what made me change it up, but I did. I won't explain my reasoning for choosing this name though.

Also, you can request a name change by PM'ing one of the mods, but it's their choice if they want to give it to you or not. :p

Barbaloot said:
My name is a creature in a Dr. Seuss book - a Bar-ba-loot from The Lorax:

barbaloots.jpg

I don't know why I chose it really other than that I've always liked the book, the word and I wanted to use a different screen name than what I use elsewhere. :)
EDIT: Sorry Barbaloot. I Accidentally "Quoted" You With My Reply.

I hate loneliness with a passion. No matter who is suffering from it. If I can help just one person suffering from it, then I've won. I've killed loneliness. Every minute that I'm posting or talking in a pm with another, is one more minute they aren't lonely. Every minute they are laughing at me or my posts is another minute that they aren't sad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaneur

The flâneur was, first of all, a literary type from nineteenth-century France, essential to any picture of the streets of Paris. It carried a set of rich associations: the man of leisure, the idler, the urban explorer, the connoiseur of the street. It was Walter Benjamin, drawing on the poetry of Charles Baudelaire, who made him the object of scholarly interest in the twentieth century, as an emblematic figure of urban, modern experience.

I enjoyed Baudelaire and figured the username couldn't have been taken already since it's not even an English word.

Not so much of a tale behind mine, I’m just a vagabond by nature who has lived on almost every continent at one point or another but no matter how much I want to find a home I just can’t seem to settle down. I also lack any direction; I seem to endlessly wander from one role to the next in life and even if I do plan something it very rarely works out. I’ve always felt that there was more to life, like a nagging feeling that I’m destined for more but until I figure out what that is I feel like I'm living a different life every day and boy does that get tiresome. You don't even know who you are after a while.

Will the real me please stand up? :rolleyes:

I just randomly thought of mine. Trying to be optimistic, saying hi for me is not as easy as most because I am shy but I will try and say hi anyway. ;) Oh yeah and it rhymes. :p

Grey said:
Grey is my favourite colour :)

Grey is my favorite colour, let's be BF's.

The Parabolani were the first male nurses recorded in history, and Im proud to say Im a male nurse.

Thanks guys! Most interesting to read! :D

Lost Drifter said:
Not so much of a tale behind mine, I’m just a vagabond by nature who has lived on almost every continent at one point or another but no matter how much I want to find a home I just can’t seem to settle down. I also lack any direction; I seem to endlessly wander from one role to the next in life and even if I do plan something it very rarely works out. I’ve always felt that there was more to life, like a nagging feeling that I’m destined for more but until I figure out what that is I feel like I'm living a different life every day and boy does that get tiresome. You don't even know who you are after a while.

Will the real me please stand up? :rolleyes:

For some reason, this sounds like so much fun x] Moving from one place to the next, gaining wonderful experiences and stuff. I'm sure it isn't quite how I imagine it though, is it?

Latest posts

Back