New life has created a new set of problems

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike510

Reaction score
I was last on here almost a month ago and I talked about moving and starting over. I chose a location where I had someone to help me with getting a job and a place to stay. Unfortinatly that person was a total unreliable A-hole and I have been on my own since the moment I arrived here.

Lets start from when I left. When I left my home I was a mess due to my fianancee leaving me and other problems I couldn't deal with. I decided to take the train cross country to my new location. That was probably the smartest decision because I spent 3 days on board it meeting new people and I had time to think about thee future. Unfortinatly reality set in before the ride ended, a pedestrian drove a pickup truck in front of the train and we hit it full speed. Both my legs got banged up pretty good but I was given free rations to compansate by the train company. Arriving at my destination we were 5 hours behind schuedual because of the accident and I was unable to get a transfer to the location I needed. At about 2 in the morning I was still sitting at the train station which had gone dark, and it was apparant I was not getting the transfer. I ended up spending several hundred dollars I shouldn't of spent on a taxi to take me where I needed to go.

Once I arrived at my destination I found myself surrounded by people my own age, with the same goals and ambitions. Unfortinatly I had no way of accomplishing those goals and ambitions. I am trying to establish a residence at different local appartments but have yet to find any luck. I have also applied at many jobs in town only to have the empoyer turn me down because I have no solid residence here. My legs are still hurting from the train accident weeks ago, but I have done further harm to them by walking miles day after day, walking to stores 3 miles away asking if they have any job openings and trying to explain myself. It has become hell, no roof over my head, no job and no car. Yet I feel a little bit happy, I have taken this chance instead of sitting at my home contemplating change but never doing anything about it. I have signed up for an online class at a local college so I can atleast try and accomplish one thing if nothing else. Now I find myself in yet another predicament. My former fiancee has contacted me and was concerned about my sudden leaving, I talked to her for about an hour a week ago and she appologized and told me I deserved better. A part of me has hated her since the moment everything happend but now I feel as though I don't have that anger I feel like I can start to move on with my life. Now wouldn't you know it last night I meet a women who was incredably funny, really nice, and seemed to have a general interest in getting to know me. She left me a nice voicemail message this morning asking if we could go out friday night. It feels right, but yet my life is still a mess I am scared what she will think if I tell her I don't have a car, a job or a solid roof over my head. It seems like this past month everything has happend so fast.

Anyways it's good to be back.

Just tell the new lady that you have only just moved to the area so are still looking for work and a place to live. She might be able to give you some tips about possible vacancies and empty appartments if she has lived there for a while.

Yes...if you like her be honest and who knows where it may lead. I really, really admire your attitude, you will come out of this great! Let us know how it goes :)

If things go beyond a couple of casual dates so to speak and look like there is something to explore and nurture between the two of you, just be completely honest about your situation. It's the best way for you and it's what the other party deserves, honesty. You might be pleasantly surprised.

As for everything else, well I can only imagine. I admire your bravery in taking a positive and pro-active step in your life. I wish you well. Some positives are clearly beginning so, lets hope that continues. Good luck my friend and be careful out there.

Talk about rough beginnings! Looking forward to hear the rest of this adventure, thanks for sharing, wish you to find soon roof, job and car.

Omg Mike welcome back!! *hugs* Glad to hear from you again, but oh dear sorry to hear about the accident! :S

Hope you will recover proper soon, please take care of yourself. Keep us updated. Best wishes to you.

It's good to hear you're relatively okay Mike. Thank goodness your former fiancee isn't bothering you to get back with her after treating you like that.

You say you only got rations from the train company... but no other help or compensation? Wow, speechless. And this 'friend' who's content to let you sleep rough... again, no words for that. It sounds like you need your emotional stability, getting involved with someone right now might end in disaster.

you have a great attitude and It sounds like you are going to be just fine, and things will look up for you. Thank you for sharing, I need to adopt some of those positive thoughts and feelings.... your post came at just the right time!

If you tell her that story I'm sure she'd understand, that is one heck of a trip. Wow. Have you seen a doctor or anyone about your legs, you should get them checked out if they still hurt. Welcome back.

Thanks everyone. I have been pretty happy overall with how my life is, although I still have the occasional stress over getting a place and a job pretty soon. I didn't really expect to get into a relationship with someone again but I kind of just got put in a position that allowed me to meet someone new.

On a side note I am trying to contact my health insurance provider to see what can be done, since I was on an insurance plan that covered me as long as I continued to live with my parents. My left leg is healing pretty good good but the right leg specificly where the knee bends sends a sharp pain through my body when I walk.

Latest posts

Back