A Couple Of Questions Before I Forget

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shio

Reaction score
I rarely post on here except for very good reason but I was wondering.

Couple of questions:

Answered (Thanks Creme)- Does the option to allow people on this forum to send you an email work? I don't know why but I get the feeling if I were to send an email to someone on this forum it would get lost in limbo or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Answered (Thanks Solvi)- People who work at suicide or quit smoking now hotlines do they get paid? I was thinking about this for a while but I always forgot to ask someone. I asked google and it says they don't but that answer was from like 2010 so maybe things since then I dunno.

But really, they do get paid right? The idea that they help out someone they don't know or will ever meet without any compensation or having any favors done in return is impractical.

Shio said:
- People who work at suicide or quit smoking now hotlines do they get paid? I was thinking about this for a while but I always forgot to ask someone. I asked google and it says they don't but that answer was from like 2010 so maybe things since then I dunno.

I don't know if some do, but many (if not all) of them are volunteers.

Shio said:
The idea that they help out someone they don't know or will ever meet without any compensation or having any favors done in return is impractical.

Not everyone thinks that way.

Solivagant said:
Shio said:
- People who work at suicide or quit smoking now hotlines do they get paid? I was thinking about this for a while but I always forgot to ask someone. I asked google and it says they don't but that answer was from like 2010 so maybe things since then I dunno.

I don't know if some do, but many (if not all) of them are volunteers.

Shio said:
The idea that they help out someone they don't know or will ever meet without any compensation or having any favors done in return is impractical.

Not everyone thinks that way.

Volunteers huh? Yeah...they probably don't get paid then. I'm pretty sure those volunteers on wikipedia don't get paid either xD

I suppose but almost everyone would want something in return for doing a good deed so selfless acts really do make me curious and wary. But if they got plenty of time to spare and they decide they wanna help people instead of watching tv that's good to know. o-o Gold stars all around~

Shio said:
Unanswered- Does the option to allow people on this forum to send you an email work? I don't know why but I get the feeling if I were to send an email to someone on this forum it would get lost in limbo or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can put whatever email you want for yourself, but when sending to others, it depends on what they put as their email. If it's one they check regularly, they'll probably get it. If it's just one they put down and never check, it may not be read.

VanillaCreme said:
Shio said:
Unanswered- Does the option to allow people on this forum to send you an email work? I don't know why but I get the feeling if I were to send an email to someone on this forum it would get lost in limbo or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can put whatever email you want for yourself, but when sending to others, it depends on what they put as their email. If it's one they check regularly, they'll probably get it. If it's just one they put down and never check, it may not be read.

Nice to know it won't get stuck in limbo. Thanks

Latest posts

Back