A spiders time with me.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loketron

Reaction score
True Story. Mid July while on a lunch break overnight my foot caught a spider web while on a lunch break at work. I saw the spider scurry into the bush it was connected to and I bent down to get a better look. It was a black widow. I could see the marking on its back when I lit my lighter near it. I was scared it would bite me and then I would be sick and have to go into the emergency room but by then it had gone into hiding in the bush.

Each night I would take my break and return to the same spot and there she was. Some nights I would try to squish her. Some nights I would try and drown her. Most nights I just came for a smoke and stood and watched in awe that she was still there knowing that one day with the rain or changing of the seasons she would be gone.

Where is she now? did she blow away? is she on the roof of the pharmacy next door? did the landscapers kill her? I guess it doesn't really matter. its was just a spider. not a real pet like a cat or a dog. but for a little while it was interesting.

the end

loke

I thought I was going to keep this story to myself and take it to the grave but I really wanted to share it. almost like it was weighing me down.

I wanted to post that on facebook forever but I am so afraid that my friends will think i'm being dramatic (which I kinda am. oops hahaha) and that my ex will think that i'm writing to point this story directly at her. so I wanted you guys to hear it. its totally true though. no joke. as soon as me and her broke up a spider showed up at my work. and around the time our second chance was ruined it rained and the spider was gone.

You keep saying "true story" "totally true". It's pretty common to see spiders... I was reading along, looking forward to something crazy that happened with you and a spider... anyways, I would have to agree I think you were being dramatic LOL. (No offence of course :p)

I get some pretty big spiders in my backyard. These ones are my favorite, they are called 'Cat Faced' spiders and they like to hang out near my compost bins...

Cat_Faced_Spider.jpg

DANDELION AHHHHHHHH WTF IS THAT NOOOOOOO!!!

btw *PSSSST* The whole thing is a metaphor for a break up that just happened to me. the spider represents the girlfriend I couldn't reach and knew would soon "blow away." My girlfriend and the spider stayed around for about the same time and just within the last few weeks they both left.

crazy real spider sharing people. ugh.

Oh. I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed with the ending. From the title I thought we were going to have real spider stories of the happy kind. I tried to orchestrate another spider rescue recently. I'm not sure it wanted to be rescued..

Anyway, I hope you're all right after the break up loketron and you're hanging in there. There was a real black widow where you work? That's quite scary. O.O

Aisha said:
Oh. I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed with the ending. From the title I thought we were going to have real spider stories of the happy kind. I tried to orchestrate another spider rescue recently. I'm not sure it wanted to be rescued..

Anyway, I hope you're all right after the break up loketron and you're hanging in there. There was a real black widow where you work? That's quite scary. O.O

Yeah i'm cool thank you. coming on ALL and talking it out has really helped.
Meeting new friends has helped. Venting my anger has helped. Telling my secret stories has helped.
I feel refreshed and ready to be her friend or let her go or whatever the case may be.

loketron said:
its totally true though. no joke. as soon as me and her broke up a spider showed up at my work. and around the time our second chance was ruined it rained and the spider was gone.

I thought it was a very cute story, and I thought it was neat how something actually happened to you that was so symbolic like that. A real-life metaphor. Stuff like that is what good short stories are made of, and it was creative of you to draw that connection between the spider and your relationship. Well done!

I picked up on the connection that you had with the spider.
That no matter your differences, you were both alive, and surviving in an environment which you shared at the time that you "met".

Latest posts

Back