Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So sick of the worlds petty problems
(03-17-2016, 04:13 PM)Dawn Jellyfish Wrote: My theory: people focus on petty issues so they can avoid the serious issues.
All of that is hard, so blame whoever else and focus on something immediate.

Fixing the world is scary and would require sacrifice and trust.

I like this response.

But honestly though, is killing the planet really that big of an issue too? I mean, if we're all dead eventually due to an uninhabitable planet, who is alive to care? Sure we can be more green, humans are extremely wasteful. Petty problems though, I think it would depend on who you talk to.
"Easier said than done." Yes, but what else are you going to do about it?

"You can't feel the warmth of the fire if you have four layers on trying to keep the cold out."
(03-17-2016, 06:24 PM)ardour Wrote: You can't have action on big issues without consensus
You can, though. There are numerous political ideologies that don't really involve democracy.
In fact we all live in one right now. How else would our governments ever accomplish anything? Any of you actually believe your "votes" matter to national agencies? Sorry to tell you but that is a bit naive. The governments have proven time and time again that they do whatever they want to do, with or without the people's permission.

(03-17-2016, 06:24 PM)ardour Wrote: Sometimes I think we would rather not discuss important things out of fear of offending friends with differing values/opinions. Since, most of us don't have friends to spare, it's understandable, if cowardly. Safer to talk about the inconsequential stuff.
Maybe that is why I have no friends. I rarely stop to care what people think about what I have to say.

Not that I feel bad about it, though. I'm fine with how things are. I don't need friends, but I do need my beliefs.

---
"But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."
-- Lewis Carrol, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
I agree. I've been thinking of this for a looong time now. You log on to facebook, or youtube, or anywhere on the internet that isn't dedicated to a certain topic and all you hear is "gender pronouns" that and "racism" this. And I'm NOT necessarily saying that these aren't legitimate issues or things society shouldn't discuss. But you CAN'T avoid them now, and if you choose to prioritise different things in your life, fight different fights, then you're a privileged asshole and part of the problem. Well if you honestly believe that... I don't see YOU looking at human rights abuses, actual "patriarchies" that are oppressive towards women in certain parts of the world and climate change. But sure, you're such a damn hero for constantly bringing up "micro-aggressions" and white male privilege in the wests...
Well, I don't do selphies, I don't have an account on FB.

I think they deleted half of the stuff I had there and I won't be concerned on the things PPL shared. For instance, a couple of times I criticized my own daughter, and I noticed her anger and my Ex wife didn't back up what said supprting my concerns: If she showed how sexy she is, If she showed where she lives, she could be seized, raped or lured into an unsafe relationship... But my views aren't ppl thoughts and I'm detached enough from troublemakes. 😞

Here's another resurrected, batman

😉

Here's another resurrected, batman

😉
I'll be all I want to be!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems with School and Acheiving Beyond Stuff MKDmn 3 947 11-21-2019, 07:50 PM
Last Post: MissBehave
  Have you ever gotten fired because of mental problems? SeeTheLight 6 1,222 11-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Richard_39
Exclamation For some reason I never tell my parents when im medically sick JustHereforAdvice 3 1,576 06-19-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: TheLoadedDog
  Sick of my miserable job (effecting my health) despair3218 13 4,542 04-17-2016, 02:28 AM
Last Post: M_also_lonely
  Sick of living with 'parents' Dear-_-Tragedy 7 3,248 01-17-2016, 08:16 AM
Last Post: constant stranger
  Sick Friend - has passed on :( Sci-Fi 48 9,306 11-15-2015, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Mr Seal The Albatros
  Juicing / fat sick and nearly dead. LonelySutton 14 4,882 01-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Last Post: stork_error
  Am I being petty? Tiina63 43 5,170 01-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Frodothelost
Sad sick, failing in school, lonliness dn560 12 5,334 11-24-2014, 03:25 AM
Last Post: sothatwasmylife
  Nickname creating problems? Pergolas Googles 11 2,805 08-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Last Post: sk66rc