Incomprehensible

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how many of the accounts in the member list for this site are active? Seems quite a few are people haven't been here in a year or longer.

Two of the main reasons have been highlighted but another is that once you account for the fact that many of us are spread out accross the world, you realize that 22K of people end up drowned in the pool of existence pretty easily.

Not only that, people also tend to be shy here, so it's not always easy for them to talk to people.

But yeah, this isn't a dating site. I don't really understand why some people are so quick to think it is.

Crazy Squirrel said:
I wonder how many of the accounts in the member list for this site are active? Seems quite a few are people haven't been here in a year or longer.

If you look up the member list, a sizeable number have lines through their names. I feel like this site hasn't been real active lately as I've yet to see more than 4 members on here at the same time. :S

Another reason is that people who interact with each other on this forum don't always end up liking each other. In fact, there is always a fair bit of the contrary...

niceguysfinishlast said:
Crazy Squirrel said:

If you look up the member list, a sizeable number have lines through their names. I feel like this site hasn't been real active lately as I've yet to see more than 4 members on here at the same time. :S

Most of those are spam accounts.

Sci-Fi said:
niceguysfinishlast said:
Crazy Squirrel said:

Most of those are spam accounts.

Ohhhh, is that why there are a number of "new" accounts that are banned despite having few or no posts? I was wondering about that but your post answers my question! :)

niceguysfinishlast said:
Crazy Squirrel said:

The forum has been slower lately. I don't know how the chatroom has been, perhaps that's been busier than the forum. I've spent more time on PMs than posting on the forum.

It can be hard to find a partner here as most members are spread out over the globe. I've met a lot of great virtual friends, though, many of whom I keep in touch with off the forum by text, email, social media and even snail mail. Another member here and I joined another forum on a different topic. So if you stick around as a regular long enough, it's not hard to make friends.

-Teresa

Wel are 22 000 people but they arent online all time and they have jobs etc ,some of them put a question and they login back after some months

In a way I am glad that this isn't a singles site as it means that I can come here and be open and vulnerable about my life and feelings and can tell people what my life is really like, without having to maintain a façade. Admitting to loneliness is very hard and even on a dating site where most members are there because they are lonely, it can still be off putting to some of them if you mention being very lonely. At least here it is possible to admit to loneliness, to the difficulty of finding true connection with people, and to despair.

AnonymousMe said:
Cuz this isn't a dating site.  =P

Who says it has to be ?

If you met an amazing person at Starbucks and fell in love instantly, how would you feel if he/she told you, "This is a coffee shop, not a dating site." ?

O Somnambulist said:
If you met an amazing person at Starbucks and fell in love instantly, how would you feel if he/she told you, "This is a coffee shop, not a dating site." ?

That wouldn't make any sense hahaha :p

DarkSelene said:
O  Somnambulist said:

That wouldn't make any sense hahaha :p

Thank you ! People have all these unnecessa-*******-ry boundaries ... "I'm here for a hike.", "I'm here for yoga", like they have their ******* genitals locked up and swallowed the key.

Like I said in my very first post here, "If you ask me why I think loneliness on this Earth is so pervasive, I'll tell you that it is simply because people have their priorities in life all backwards."

I think if you get in a group or anything like this forum with the sole purpose of meeting someone to date, you might end up a little frustrated. Better to let things happen on their own, meet people you enjoy talking to and not worry too much... one day you'll find that person, I don't think you need to really look for it.

Latest posts

Back