I look for things to worry about

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAnxiousPain

Reaction score
With everything that's going in my life from Anxiety, Family issues and etc. My anxiety has gotten to its worse. I always been a worry fanatic, always panicked a lot and was scared of being called out and embarrassed. Reason being because I suffered a lot of mental and emotional abuse and a lot of bullying at home. I had a phobia of being bullied and humiliated cause it happened so much at home. 

So after all that's been going on with my family and crap, and me worrying that I am being judged by neighbors. I took everyone's advice on this forum and let it go. I started to think positive about it. And now it's like my brain look for things to worry about. I can never be worry free, and I am paranoid. Now I am afraid that everyone thinks Im a liar, cause of the silly and immature lies I told on Facebook years ago when I was like 16, 18 etc. I told lies about having tattoos, cars, and etc when really I was just putting up fronts to make myself look good and better. I did a lot for attention. I haven't been on Facebook in about 3 years. And a lot of those same old friends who once labeled me a lar. I haven't seen in ages. What if they still view me the same? What if this haunts me in the future once I move away. I don't want to be humiliated or made to look like a psycho liar over some silly honeysuckle I did and said as a result youngster. I of course will never lie about any of the crap anymore. I now dont care about proving anything to people or look for validation. I really have a car now, so If I wanted to show off, I would have. I don't have to and dont care to. I was immature.

Earlier I was obsessing over family issues, and other honeysuckle. Now it's this.... It's like I have to replace a worry with the next.

TheAnxiousPain said:
Now I am afraid that everyone thinks Im a liar, cause of the silly and immature lies I told on Facebook years ago when I was like 16, 18 etc. I told lies about having tattoos, cars, and etc when really I was just putting up fronts to make myself look good and better. I did a lot for attention. I haven't been on Facebook in about 3 years. And a lot of those same old friends who once labeled me a lar. I haven't seen in ages. What if they still view me the same? What if this haunts me in the future once I move away. I don't want to be humiliated or made to look like a psycho liar over some silly honeysuckle I did and said as a result youngster. I of course will never lie about any of the crap anymore. 

I think you already answered your own question when you said you would not lie about any of the crap anymore.

Now let me ask you this. Are you the only person in the world who told tall tales on Facebook? Not a chance. The best way to face something that someone may possibly say about something you said years ago is to say "yeah, I said that, I really wasn't serious and I am not that kind of person now."

The only way you could find out about how those old friends feel about you now is by asking.

I've often felt the same way, and thought it might be a defense mechanism of sorts. Trying not to be caught off-guard or something. A worry isn't a solution, though, and it winds up being a lot of wasted energy.

Latest posts

Back