Montreal the worst?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxon

Reaction score
Today WHO said that the virus 19 might never end. Well, now they got me. All I do is sleep, eat, and browse. Nothing is interesting. I can't order things on-line because nobody delivers here. Oh, I can get groceries. A great blessing.

I'm 69yo - thinking of all those vices I gave up over all those years - want them back. I smoked my pen today. 

I have a cat, who is also bored. She offers the occasional paw-bat and I have the scratches to show for it. See? I could get cat toys - if I go out.

I live in Montreal Canada, which is now rated as the worst in North America for infection.

This shouldn't bother me - I'm a loner. But I sorta remember outside - trees, etc.

Thanks for listening.

I'll be 67 this year. I live in N. America too, a little village in USA prairie farm country. I'm alone , but FedEx and UPS delivers here.
I live in the past a bit too much. It's time to move into the next chapter of my life story.
I started well on a couple of new to me public service activities, but COVID suspended them.
I've always been a loner, but I can get outside on my acreage.
I had a minor, outpatient surgery yesterday.....it went well but I'm in pain. It should pass.
Thanks for reading.

Aww that's awesome u have a cat!! Do u have catnip? U can put some in a sock and tie the end in a knot. Then it's a catnip toy!!😺😸My cat really likes it!  
Hope things get better soon!🤗 It's terrible it is so bad there!

constant stranger said:
I'll be 67 this year.  I live in N. America too, a little village in USA prairie farm country.  I'm alone , but FedEx and UPS delivers here.
I live in the past a bit too much.  It's time to move into the next chapter of my life story.
I started well on a couple of new to me public service activities, but COVID suspended them.
I've always been a loner, but I can get outside on my acreage.
I had a minor, outpatient surgery yesterday.....it went well but I'm in pain.  It should pass.
Thanks for reading.
I've always wanted the freedom of USA prairie farm country. I'd like a place where animals run free, come in and out as they please, without leashes. And, as you mention, for me too, come in and out as I please. 

How are you feeling re surgery?

I'm having nightmares more and more but being awake is worse. I keep thinking of St-Petersberg in WWii. No I wasn't there. I saw it on TV. Streets deserted, lock-down - more trouble than us of course. I should think of some cheery images like Soupy Sales but it's not automatic.

ahsatan said:
Aww that's awesome u have a cat!! Do u have catnip? U can put some in a sock and tie the end in a knot. Then it's a catnip toy!!😺😸My cat really likes it!  
Hope things get better soon!🤗 It's terrible it is so bad there!
My cat is truly awesome - she's hypoallergenic! Breed: Blue Russian. With papers $3000. From SPCA $80 with vet certificate. It took two years to get her. I've had a terrible allergy all my life but none of that with her. You may wonder why a valuable cat was left at SPCA in a box with her 3 kittens. It's because bad people take a matching-colour stud and the kittens are not the matching colour, so they leave the whole thing in a box at SPCA. 
Catnip! You remind me that I used to crochet nice and fill them with fresh catnip from a special store. I could do that again if stores open.

Nightmares are messages from our unconscious about important unresolved problems, but I'm sensing that the pandemic quarantine is making things a lot worse for you.
OK, actually I do have access to some cheerier images than St. Petersburg in WW II.....I can occasionally see a pair of foxes....but only when they want me to; a raccoon came prowling on my deck a few weeks ago; the deer aren't welcome because they nibble on the young leaves of trees I've planted.....but they are beautiful animals.
Surgery was Thursday, this is Sunday evening and today was the first reasonably comfortable day......but I'm still sore. The surgery was for an inguinal hernia BTW.
I think it's very admirable that your wish to adopt a cat was strong enough to persist for two years. I'm a dog person but I adopted a cat in 1982. I attended his birth and we lived together for sixteen years. Then I said goodbye and put his body in the ground. I have some photos of him that are still meaningful to me.

Latest posts

Back