Need to rant and breath out..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hi :)

Sorry don’t want to add more sadness here but I need to rant.

I’m 34, male and last year was the worst of my life, it was extremely traumatic and the most challenging.
Here’s the short version, lost my mom to c., got laid off and 3 days after burying my mom found out that my ex gf of 4 years cheated on me, had to move back with my dad, and to top it off was put into debt because of my ex.

Believe it or not, I didn’t loose it until 5 months later.

Anyways, I am working with a counselor and such. I’m not crazy overly depressed or anything close to it.
I’m very functional and always find the strength to keep going to rebuild my life.

I go out a lot, to clubs and bars, parties you name it. I admit, my pick up skills were a bit rusty at first, now I’m better still not on top of my game.

Besides all of these factors, the one thing that bothers me a lot is the loneliness and endless failures with finding the right mate.

In the span of one year, I’ve met two girls. Both just didn’t match my type. And lastly, I was set up with this girl by friends; even though I was interested she just kept on playing games with me.:(

At this point it’s getting really frustrating; the loneliness is hard to deal with.

I’m loosing all hopes of even finding a normal girl! I’m not expecting the perfect person, just someone that is sincere, down to earth and cute, which is reasonable.

I’ve evaluated my personality, read self help books, I workout consistently, I dress well, you name it..

Is there any hope left out there? Anyone has success stories they can share?

wendi said:
Hi :) said:
Is there any hope left out there?  Anyone has success stories they can share?
I have a feeling that most of the people with success stories of that kind are no longer here! Be patient 'Hi :).' Things will work out.

I thought so too, thanks, patience is what I can only afford at this moment.

[/quote]
I have a feeling that most of the people with success stories of that kind are no longer here! Be patient 'Hi :).' Things will work out.
[/quote]

You're right. But here's an idea. If anyone eventually becomes a success story, come back and tell us about it! If things in your life improve tell us how and why. That way we might get some ideas about how to improve our own lives.

Oh wow. And I thought my life was bad. I understand that losing someone is hard. I lost my brother when I was 6, so I somewhat understand the pain of losing your mother. I was only 6, and I have no clue what I'd do if I lost my Mom...

And as for dating, good luck with that. I have no luck with getting the guy I like to like me back, so I really have no tips.

When you feel that your life can't get any worse, just remember this. "Once you've hit rock bottom, the only way is up." My French teacher told me that once when I was upset. One day your life will improve. Things will get better. Or at least I sure hope so.

Good luck with becoming a "success story". Remember, anything is possible. :D

BrokenDreams said:
Oh wow. And  I thought my life was bad. I understand that losing someone is hard. I lost my brother when I was 6, so I somewhat understand the pain of losing your mother. I was only 6, and I have no clue what I'd do if I lost my Mom...

And as for dating, good luck with that. I have no luck with getting the guy I like to like me back, so I really have no tips.

When you feel that your life can't get any worse, just remember this. "Once you've hit rock bottom, the only way is up." My French teacher told me that once when I was upset. One day your life will improve. Things will get better. Or at least I sure hope so.

Good luck with becoming a "success story". Remember, anything is possible. :D

Merci beaucoup!:D

Hi, Hi.

You said that neither girl was your "type." Here's an idea: Get RID of your type. Just take people as they are. If you love short brunettes and the next girl you meet is tall blonde, give her a chance. People become more attractive to us over time as we get to know them better and like them better for their Inside beauty rather than just the outside. If the connection was not there not just physically but mentally, too, then give it time. There are SO MANY fish in this sea. There are lots of women you could hit it off with mentally and perhaps later physically. Just give it time to develop.

[/quote]Is there any hope left out there? Anyone has success stories they can share?
Wish I could help you, I guess i do have somewhat of a success story, I have given up quit/ caring, I don't see myself ever finding that 'someone' and my ex who I thought was the one is married now...for 2 years I prayed and constatly thought about how bad I wanted to share my life with someone/ how lonely I was, I quit caring it dosn;t hurt so much now...I hope your story has a happier ending though.

Kazman,

You have seemed to be a very sensitive and caring soul. I wish you the best and that you will find someone these days who is right for you. I personally do NOT believe in soulmates, but rather that there are many people on this earth whom we could have a good relationship with.

Thank you Lonelygirl, those are very kind words, and I wish you the best as well.

Latest posts

Back